Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Merriam-Webster added ‘irregardless’ as a real word earlier this year. Yeah, I gate it, too.
    It needs removed. (that's accepted grammar where I live and I hate that too).

Comment

• CGVT, DSL, and Froot need to read this book that defends looting.'

A fresh argument for rioting and looting as our most powerful tools for dismantling white supremacy.

Rioting is OK now, guys. Don't get angry.

Comment

• sRnRlczUMm.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          It's no coincidence to me that the worst year of civil unrest in my lifetime happened during and after Covid lockdowns and shutdowns. Cutting humans off from each other and shutting down a bunch of businesses that people rely on for their way of life is a great way to foment anger and resentment. People have been driven literally insane by being cooped up in their house, being isolated form their families, communicating only on zoom calls, and walking around seeing everyone with half of their face covered. It's terrible for our society's mental health
          I saw my older brother today in person for the first time in over a year. His wife died just this past Monday evening from complications due to Alzheimer's. He wasn't allowed to see her until her last few hours. They were married for 51 years.

Its not right to take away the personal liberties and freedoms of the American people. Covid is a real threat, but at some point the people have to be trusted to do the right things. They cannot, and should not be restricted to their homes.

And the girl who died in DC today was sixteen. She wasn't some 50-something Karen from a trailer park in South Carolina. She was a child.

Does her life matter?

My guess is, the answer to that question in January 2021 depends on your politics.
          Last edited by lineygoblue; January 6, 2021, 09:41 PM.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Was she really 16? Man.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Was she really 16? Man.
              She was not. This is a rumor being spread. She was Ashli Babbit, a 14-year veteran of the Air Force. Her husband's on record saying it was her.

The President Trump supporter killed in the Capitol building Wednesday was an Air Force vet from California who tweeted a day earlier how “nothing will stop us” and “the…

Comment

• Thanks, DSL.

Comment

• lol

ErGFtKQVcAAh47l?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• There's reporting that numerous White House people wanted to resign immediately today but Mitch McConnell asked them to hang in there just a bit more, including NSA Robert O'Brien and his deputy. Besides Melania's COS, a deputy press secretary has left and the WH "social secretary".

Comment

• She was Ashli Babbit, a 14-year veteran of the Air Force. Her husband's on record saying it was her.
                      I apologize for the error.

So she was a military person. I wonder if she was on active duty or out of the service.

I doubt that the cop that shot her is thinking "f-her" tonight. If he is, he needs to lose his badge.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The politics of it is we have way too fucking many police shootings and we don't know anything about this one. Eventually we will and you should fucking learn the lesson not to repeat shit you hear within the first couple hours, because most times it is bull shit. That has nothing to do with politics, quit spreading fuckkng rumors on stuff like this.

Comment

• Also stopthesteal is not very good alliteration.

Also it is better for these people to not resign in protest.

Comment

• They were Anteeeeeeeeeeffffffaaaaaaaa!

Here it comes. Stand by for conspiracy bullshit from ridiculous sources taken as gospel and spread by the Trumpsters

Kind of like the story of the Nun that was scheduled to be canonized that was shot at the Capitol today.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              The politics of it is we have way too fucking many police shootings and we don't know anything about this one. Eventually we will and you should fucking learn the lesson not to repeat shit you hear within the first couple hours, because most times it is bull shit. That has nothing to do with politics, quit spreading fuckkng rumors on stuff like this.
                              Do we have too many police shootings? Do we have some number that isn’t too many?

And, that’s quite the overreaction to an error acknowledged and apologized for. Don’t be a douchebag. We already have a poster actively celebrating her death as a great thing.

Comment

• Giuliani left a message for Tommy Tuberville pleading with him to try and stall the Senate after the riot. Only problem is, Giuliani is an incompetent moron, and he left the message with a totally different Senator who shared it with the Dispatch.

Giuliani was trying to get them to object to 10 different states???? Jesus Christ

You can LISTEN to Giuliani's message below

The president’s lawyer tries to block the count of the Electoral College votes.

Comment

Working...
                                X