No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In COVID commentary I'll add this to Talent's observations having to do with the stupidity of the mitigation measures floating around in our US of A ........On Thursday, the CDC released new guidance on when quarantine can end. First, if you've been to the CDC web site seeking information on COVID and gotten totally confused and lost, you are not alone. The latest: Quarantine can end in 10d but if you have a,b or c it might end in 14d or maybe even 20d if you have f. Crazy. Have you ever seen one of those laughable algorithms with so many yes, no, pathways it becomes unworkable. This is an example.

Biden's 250,000 more deaths is coming off-handedly and incorrectly from Anthony Fauci who is often misquoted. This is a total US death count likely to be exceeded in the "dark winter" ahead of us. You have probably noticed that the CDC has become more visible as it rises up from being under PDJT's thumb (and the CDC under it for good reason if Trump could of made his case, which he didn't). The CDC was and continues to be a CovidKaren. That Trump is perceived to be losing his capacity to threaten whomever he disagrees with is the reason that COVIDKaren is alive, well and returning, unfettered, to mostly needlessly scare the shit out of everyone again.

I've paid close attention to what comes out of the mouths of CDC spokespersons. If you can flesh it out, some of it is good but they are self made victims of being misquoted or misrepresented by the media (see my comments above about shortening quarantine). Scientists have a bad habit of not being able to explain complicated stuff - reduce it to what the public needs to know and no more. The information on their website - the way it is written - makes my writing here look succinct and to the point. Very hard to find the important things in all the fluff, qualifiers and caveats. The CDC is clearly fearful of articulating clear cut policy for fear of being shown by some outlier crowd that their policy is flawed.

Of course, the Europeans, with GB taking the lead, seem to not be like that at all. They've realized that once you become infected with SARS-CoV-2, the majority of those infected stop shedding virus capable of spreading infection in 7 days from initial exposure. That's the message and accordingly both quarantine and isolation can end once you've reached that 7d milestone. There are some qualifiers and guidance on exceptions and how you can reintegrate but it is unambiguous. Take this in comparison to the horribly hedged CDC guidance which is based on the same emerging data and science. That CDC guidance does not address isolation and I have no idea why. That cohort is the one most impacted by the emerging information on how long can a person remain capable of spreading the virus.

The CDC is clear on one thing: determination of "return to work" (means reintegrating at work and socially but they chose not to use that term) should be symptom based not based on testing. They recommend not testing as a return to work (reintegration) criteria ...... that's not going to stop states or businesses from implementing policy as uninformed as such policies are bound to be. The CDC won't use the term reintegrating because it flys in the face of the dire warnings about going to any congregate setting, cruising, sporting events, weddings, restaurants or bars. Shut those fuckers down. My take on that is that there is middle ground, reasonable ground, that would allow all of those activities to be conducted safely and with acceptable risks for spread of the virus. Nope, not likely to happen as our PH policy makers continue to strangle certain economic sectors unnecessarily and without proven benefit.

Reintegrating though, is a big deal because of the millions who have had COVID and recovered (I should point out once again - the 97 PERCENT!!!!) can and should reintegrate - start flying, traveling, going to restaurants, shopping and spending money on stuff.....and I don't mean carelessly. The word is, and I agree with it, masks and distancing are going to be around for a while.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• In celebration of Repeal of Prohibition Day:
      Attached Files
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Last night Trump said he has worked harder over the past three weeks, trying to get the election overturned, than he ever has in his life.

I believe him

Comment

• Trump fighting with Glenfiddich is WWE level ridiculousness.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            Trump fighting with Glenfiddich is WWE level ridiculousness.
            He's fighting with them again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

He's fighting with them again?
              Not that I know of. Have a friend who stayed at a Trump property who texted me he couldn’t get Glenfiddich at the bar. I had forgotten about the Trump outrage over nothingness.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Not that I know of. Have a friend who stayed at a Trump property who texted me he couldn’t get Glenfiddich at the bar. I had forgotten about the Trump outrage over nothingness.
                Oh then he's still holding the same grudge, lol. Amazing.

Comment

• Note the date. 8 years and going strong!!

Comment

• Jesus.

Comment

• Sorry your son had to deal with shit like that, Jon

Comment

• Over a mask.

Over helping control a viral spread.

Over showing consideration for your fellow man.

He's not going to comply with the mandated interaction and accept termination when it comes. Having underlying conditions, he cannot afford any confrontations.

Over a mask.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I hope all the anti-maskers contract covid and give Darwin a helping hand cleaning the gene pool.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/05/covid-...tion-doc-says/

But watch. Our resident moron troll will make some nonsensical response without reading the link.
                          Last edited by Ghengis Jon; December 8, 2020, 07:36 AM.
                          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Yeah, that'll happen at about a 0.6% rate, so.....
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent 1
                              The Moron 0
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Yeah, that'll happen at about a 0.6% rate, so.....
                                Less actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X