No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Google immigration gop donors, this isn't some shadowy conspiracy.

Comment

• As far as the social security numbers, it is a common practice to use stolen or expired numbers for illegal immigrants. It was estimated that social security gets 13 billion a year from illegal immigrants where be efits are never realized.

Comment

• Who said anything about anybody paying millions? A prospective donor with skin in the Immigration Game can make a point just as effectively- probably more effectively- by not paying millions. This really isn't that complicated.

And no, corporate drones are generally not considered to be at risk of losing out to illegals, many of which can barely read Spanish, let alone English. They generally aren't found working in the space program either, in case you were wondering.

Comment

• Wasn’t that long ago, when I was in college, that you could just drive down “L” street in Omaha and find a dozen+ Mexicans standing around, waiting to be picked up for work. Pull up in a pickup, hold up three fingers, and first three who could fight their way into the back would go work all day, for peanuts.

I suspect its gone underground and gotten more sophisticated since then, but its still happening. There's more mexican labor around now then then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Trump is right, though. The whole process of winning delegates in state primaries and the convention nominating process is total BS. Always has been and probably always will be. Trump has thrown a spot light on it but memories are short.

But, thank God. Trump wont be on the ballot and Cruz is going to get rolled.

I can take the Clintons for another 4y. I actually like Bill. Hillary? Another question altogether but not anywhere near as dangerous a Ted.

imo.. trump is less dangerous than Hillary. Neither party would work with him and he'd be done in 4 yrs. Hillary will blow with the wind and you have no idea what she will do or what you are voting for... she's also more Bush than BO when it comes to the ME.
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Ford motor company is not hiring illegals... a farmer needing someone to pull weeds in his field is..

Big business has too much to lose. Small business can hide it much better and they do....

jmo
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Shifting gears a bit...I wanted to suggest to everybody that you all look into buying RIFD wallets, for yourself and the Mrs. These are wallets that have material built into them (Mine is made of aluminum, which works too) that blocks signals from escaping, as so your card info cannot be ?skimmed? by passers-by. This is becoming more and more prevalent as the equipment needed becomes smaller, lighter, and more advanced.

This won?t help if you hand the card to somebody at a restaurant who then walks out of sight, but it could prevent headaches from skimming attempts in crowded places. You can get good ones on Amazon, and many retailers are starting to carry them.

I know...its just one more thing to worry about, but its worth it compared to the hassle.

Comment

• Is that type of theft really a thing? Are people getting their credit card information stolen via scanners that can scan through your back pocket and your wallet? And why don't supermarkets have something that can do this so that I don't have to slide my card three times?

Comment

• You guys in the states don't have the "Tap"? On almost any cash card machine, I can just put my card up close to make the payment. No PIN numbers, no swiping, no chips, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      Is that type of theft really a thing? Are people getting their credit card information stolen via scanners that can scan through your back pocket and your wallet? And why don't supermarkets have something that can do this so that I don't have to slide my card three times?
                      Yep. Its even been done from moving cars.

The major CC companies are always making updates and counters, but for $20.00 you can make the point moot.

I have zero financial interest in any RFID-product company that I am aware of...this is just an issue that came up today, so I thought I'd pass it along.

Comment

• Allright, thanks for the heads up. Pretty scary. But not shocking, I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
                          You guys in the states don't have the "Tap"? On almost any cash card machine, I can just put my card up close to make the payment. No PIN numbers, no swiping, no chips, etc.
                          "The Tap" sounds like a gay bar, so I'd have to refer you to Wiz for further queries.

Comment

• disturbing
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Trump's TV show was on the rocks as it is, which is one theory as to why this works so well for him. Given that he needs to be on TV for his business no-risk/all-rent business model to work.

Comment

• Nevertheless, this was a bad business move. When you are a businessman like Trump, you have to be friends with almost everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X