Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    I’ll be glad when this whole charade is over and the country is healed, Covid is defeated, and racism is but a distant memory.
    According to The Party, this begins on January 20.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I think calling out the "right wing media" is my favorite part of that response. LOL.
      Standing up against anti-male rhetoric and anti-white racism is like poking a massive hornet's nest. Perhaps to a Klansman or a Proud Boi. As a white male who consumes a lot of media, I can safely say that statement is nonsense except to paranoid, professional victims.

He does obviously "consume a lot of media"

Comment

• What Trump and some friendly media outlets are calling a "hearing" in Arizona is actually just a meeting between a couple Arizona legislators, some poll observers, and the always on-point Rudy Giuliani at the Hyatt Regency hotel. While they trade anecdotes about MASSIVE FRAUD, the actual vote was certified by the Governor. Jenna Ellis, Trump's lickspittle phony lawyer, says the Governor of Arizona is now guilty of BLATANT CORRUPTION.

Comment

• I don't know if Jeff has read this yet, but I thought I'd post it here.

If its on the level, its pretty good news.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• And now he goes after Doug Ducey.

Comment

• Liney, the Forbes article is a reprint of an 11/17 NYT's piece reporting on the study that suggests immunity to COVID can last longer than first expected. There's also a ton of contradictory evidence of both short and long lived immunity.

I think a couple of things are certain: Natural immunity from a COVID infection wanes. Studies have shown that a person's antiboidies with mild infection can wane in days or months. That means herd immunity that includes both vaccinated and un-vaccinated persons who had C-19 won't be as robust in preventing the virus from spreading as a uniformly vaccinated population with something between 60% and 70% of that population involved. Most virologists will tell us that even if you have had the virus, you still need to get vaccinated.

Vaccines are known to produce a much stronger immune response than the virus itself according to initial reports. Controversy remains about how long that response lasts. We won't know the complete answer to that question for some time.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 30, 2020, 10:27 PM.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hannibal - I sincerely wish you a happy and prosperous life. Honestly, I find your commentary refreshing in that you seem to be one of the few 'hard right' idealists not besotted by the One Soon To Be Forgotten. But, in my not so humble opinion, some of your arguments seem to put forth that clear ideological fictions are actual realities. That's what I poke at. Ignoring my Never Trumpism, my politics are issue specific, not purist ideology. I am a strong second amendment supporter and also am also pro-choice. Am I liberal or conservative? Depends on your point of view, I suppose. Out at theNo Holds Barred Political Forum, I'm considered to be to the right of Bill Buckley. Certainly not the case here.

I began my career in a startup and am finishing at a large multinational. Presence in over 40 countries, pushing $60B in revenue. I do not see anything politically pushed on employees. Depends on what is considered 'pushed'. Never been to diversity training because of the work environment. My officemates are about 50% women and my current cast of colleagues come from Turkey, China, Germany, Romania, the Czech Republic, the UK, Canada, and Ukraine. My experiences are based on a truely diversified environment so perhaps one that is a bit more white bread would generate a different work environment. Then again, I do not work for an America based company.

Politics is a verboten subject at the office. Yeah, yeah, no freedom of speech. Specific politics is frowned on, not generalities. I can ask how the democracy in Ukraine differs from the democracy in the US, but need to refrain asking why that person supports Zelensky. This policy works well. I know the political leanings of 2 or 3 of my American colleagues, but not the other 90%. Ethics training and cultural awareness is far more prevalent at my company because of its multinational footprint and the wildly varying corporate laws of other countries.

You say your company has become 'academia' as far a political orientation goes and shoves crap down your throat. Would you elaborate on that? I have three college degrees. With the exception of student organizations and functions, politics was completely absent from my collegiate experience. As is its absence in my workplace (prior to the work from home covid experience).
                Last edited by Ghengis Jon; December 1, 2020, 07:46 AM.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trump now demanding that Brian Kemp "do something" and "call off the election".

Tweets like these usually followed by stories leaked to the media by his sycophantic aides which claim that, behind closed doors, he understands and accepts his loss a lot more than he shows publicly.

Comment

• Ice Age rock art discovered recently in the Amazon.

6000.jpg
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Ellen Page is now officially Elliot Page. She is now a "he".

Welcome to Clownworld, we hope that you enjoy your stay.

Comment

• Voter fraud is yet another case where Donald Trump probably delegitimizes the story by being an erratic blowhard, but the evidence is piling up. Or at least the highly suspicious anomalies are piling up. For instance, a series of vote spikes totaling 570,000 votes in Pennsylvania that went 99.4% for Joe Biden. That's an advantage of 567,000 votes for Biden in a state that he won by 72,000 votes.

Here is the testimony at the hearing in PA.

Fast forward to 1:30:00. The reaction of the crowd is priceless when the guy says out loud that Biden got 570,000 votes in a series of vote dumps and Trump only got 3,200.

There are lots of others, along with sworn affadavits from hundreds of people who claim to have witnessed some form of election shenanigans. Some of them are testifying right now in the Michigan Senate.

But maybe the anomalies have legit explanations and the affadavits are all lies or exaggerations. If that's the case, then nobody here should have a problem with something like an audit of the mail-in ballots in the states where Biden benefitted from huge 4AM vote dumps.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; December 1, 2020, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• I don't think that I have seen this posted here.

Woke hilarity from the Vandy-Mizzou game.

Comment

• It wasn't an official hearing. It was a handful of far right Republican legislators meeting with Giuliani and delusional morons in a Wyndam Hotel conference room.

The "vote dump" claims have been debunked and explained for weeks. I'm pretty sure I've already posted links debunking this garbage. It was presented in numerous court case and has been laughed out of every courtroom.

I'll say it again, if there's a such a good case to be made here, why is Rudy Laughingstock Giuliani in charge? He hadn't been in a federal courtroom since 1992. Where's Jay Sekulow? Where's Pat Cippilone? There's dozens of topnotch conservative law firms, where are ANY of them? Why is the legal team made up of Giuliani & The Freak Show? And I use the term "legal team" very loosely; they would much prefer to play to cameras than swear to anything in a courtroom.

PA's vote count HAS been audited. In Georgia they've recounted the vote THREE TIMES. If Dominion machines were altering the tallies, the hand recount would've caught that. They matched up near perfectly.

This is all about raising money for his post-Presidency PAC and paying off debt. AND soothing Trump's fragile ego.

Read this 3rd Circuit opinion. It was written by a Trump appointee. This is the case Trump thinks he will take to the Supreme Court.

Comment

• Recounts catch vote tabulation errors but not ballot box stuffing. At any rate, I have not given two thoughts to the Dominion voting machine stuff. I think that abuse of the mail-in voting system to stuff the ballot box is a lot more likely.

If the mail-in ballot process is squeaky clean then you shouldn't have any problem with:
                              1. An audit of signature matching.
                              2. Forensic analysis of the ink on the ballots to confirm that the ballots were not mass marked/mass produced.

It wasn't an official hearing. It was a handful of far right Republican legislators meeting with Giuliani and delusional morons in a Wyndam Hotel conference room.
                              Doesn't change the information that was presented.

Michigan today is a legit hearing BTW.

The "vote dump" claims have been debunked and explained for weeks. I'm pretty sure I've already posted links debunking this garbage. It was presented in numerous court case and has been laughed out of every courtroom. Literally, a judge appointed by Trump himself wrote that this "evidence" is ludicrous.
                              I have yet to see any debunking of a vote dump than went 99.4% for Joe Biden in Pennsylvania. That was new information, as far as I can tell.

In Michigan and Wisconsin, Republicans actually led in mail-in ballots requested and mail-in and early in-person ballots returned. Kind of calls into question the conventional explanation for the voting spikes in those states (i.e. the huge dumps for Biden were because only Democrats voted by mail-in in those states).

IMG_4172.jpg
                              IMG_4171.jpg
                              Last edited by Hannibal; December 1, 2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                                Ice Age rock art discovered recently in the Amazon.

6000.jpg
                                Amazon carries everything!! Wow!
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X