No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything after "drinks" is going to be correct as long as it's some form of alchohol.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Sark drinks Jager and prune juice.
      Well that covers breakfast but what about after that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Well that covers breakfast but what about after that?
        Everclear and Shasta Orange.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I think Bama should have Mike Price fill in for Satan this weekend...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Thought that said Mike PENCE for a second.
            Yes, Mike Pence should fill in for Saban...
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• He probably never had it the first time around.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The first time was determined to be a false positive.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Plan on taking that vaccine when it becomes available?

Get ready for some side effects.

Doctors recommended to federal health officials this week that those who eventually receive the long-awaited coronavirus vaccine should be wary of the side effects — such as body aches and bad headaches — so they will return for the second dose. 
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• "It's nice to note that less than 2% of people get a fever, actually 1.4%, so very, very low."
                    But, yeah, let's scare the shit out of people so they won't get one. That's not directed at you Liney. You're just the messenger. It's directed at the fucking media. Act responsibly FGS. I don't give a shit if people are blowing off most of the PH's and the CDC's recommendations on the more restrictive mitigation measures. These aren't measuring up to the live, experiential observations millions of Americans obtain.

But throwing up stuff to give Americans pause on getting the vaccine? Different story. Messaging is key here and it should look like this that's buried at the end of the FOX article:

A nurse practitioner at Children’s Minnesota, suggested that public health officials change the language used when warning the public about side effects. She recommended using the word “response” rather than “adverse reaction.”

“These are (normal) immune responses (to most vaccines),” said Stinchfield. “And so if you feel something after vaccination, you should expect to feel that. When you do, it’s normal to have some arm soreness or fatigue, some body aches and maybe even a fever. .......”

Take some fucking Tylenol, people and I personally recommend you pre-dose 1000mg at 12h before receiving the jab and again 12h after it...... unless you shouldn't be taking Acetominophen and in that case take Ibuprofen and if you can't take either, suck it up butter-cup.

GET VACCINATED when it's your turn to get it.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 25, 2020, 03:21 PM.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• No.

My body my choice. Right libs?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• But, yeah, let's scare the shit out of people so they won't get one. That's not directed at you Liney. You're just the messenger. It's directed at the fucking media. Act responsibly FGS. I don't give a shit if people are blowing off most of the PH's and the CDC's recommendations on the more restrictive mitigation measures. These aren't measuring up to the live, experiential observations millions of Americans obtain.
                        No problem, Jeff.

My wife and I will get the vaccine as soon as its available to us. I don't care about a day or two of side effects. When I was in the USCG, we got our yearly flu shots, and on a few of those occasions, I got sick the day afterward. The Corpsman in Sick Bay told me, "You have a flu syndrome". He explained that its actually good that I was reacting that way, because the shot was working. I was sick for a day or so, and then it all went away just as quickly as it hit me. And, I didn't get the real flu. A bunch of the guys I served with were sick the day after those shots. It was a normal reaction.

I'll get the shot(s), and I'll plan on being sick a day or two afterward. But hopefully, I won't get the real thing. That's the whole idea in all this.
                        Last edited by lineygoblue; November 25, 2020, 10:17 PM.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          No.

My body my choice. Right libs?
                          Heh ....

When I saw this I asked well, is it really the left that make up most anti-vaxers? The answer won't surprise you, Wiz:

Fucking Oregon.

https://www.realclearscience.com/jou...ne_108905.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Heh ....

When I saw this I asked well, is it really the left that make up most anti-vaxers? The answer won't surprise you, Wiz:

Fucking Oregon.

https://www.realclearscience.com/jou...ne_108905.html
                            The article is 6 years old and is sort of a shallow analysis. It could be libertarians in Oregon that are refusing to get vaccines, who knows?

It also gives you no window into how politics and views may have been changed by the rise of Trump. He himself has toyed with "vaccines = autism" in the past. Here's a study from this year trying to see if Trump has impacted people's views. In short, it seems that liberals who were anti-vaccine previously remained anti-vaccine when shown that Trump agreed with them. There was no "I'm against anything Trump is for" effect. However, the same group's conservatives started to modify their views to be more in line with Trump after being shown trump's tweets.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...628?via%3Dihub

Here's also a more recent article from the same source you cite that completely rebuts your 2014 article

https://www.realclearscience.com/blo...nt_matter.html

Comment

• Good to know ...... I always like to see both sides. It's good that you're paying attention to what I'm posting too.

I'm pretty sure I can find support for both sides of the question, is it the right or the left that leads anti-vaccine campaigns. Truth be known, it's probably bipartisan. In any case it is irrational and stupid ..... it must be from the left. heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                No.

My body my choice.

Correct. Not your body not your choice.

But you're not affecting your body, you're affecting mine. Huge difference.

Darwin will take care of the antivaxxers.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X