No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to have some fun and post delusional and/or angry posts from Kapture-style MAGAheads? I think it may finally be time

EnfdFnjVEAAt9zY?format=png&name=small.png

Comment

• Ene27UsW4AAfMaC?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Comment

• EnjMhhVXcAIJ8M5?format=png&name=small.png

Comment

• One of the cycle studios I ride in and that, IMO, has done a great job in keeping the studio COVID free has added a new wrinkle to their COVID protocols:

Additionally, in recognition of the current surge, we ask that you not come to the studio for at least 14 days after you have been in an indoor gathering of people with whom you do not currently cohabitate unless, at all times, all present were both wearing masks and at least 6 feet apart. Alternatively, at least 5 days after the gathering, you may obtain a negative test result before coming to the studio.

This doesn't affect me directly as I rarely gather in large group settings like a bar, wedding, stuff like that. What it does do for me personally though is keep me completely separated from that asymptomatic 20 or 30 something that partied Saturday night with 100 of their closest and unmasked friends at the neighborhood bar when I ride on Sundays - one of my regular days. That, of course, assumes that a person will be honest about where they've been. Seroprevalence is up to around 8% in Fulton Co. so, this isn't an outrageous, unjustifiable thing to do. I particularly like how you can gain access to the studio in a shorter period of time. This sort of thing is going to become more and more common place over the next several months.

Oh, and along with the notification I got about the above I got this:

Although we are beginning to see a path to the end of Covid -19, it is clear that we are not yet there and must maintain the practices that have helped make the studio as safe as possible. We are pleased with how things have gone since reopening 7 months ago and conducting more than 1000 classes for over 12000 riders. We believe our procedures have been effective at keeping COVID-19 out of the studio. To our knowledge, not a single case of COVID-19 has been traced back to our studio.

So, yeah, keeping people safe in what "experts" have labeled as high risk congregate settings that you should avoid can be done sensibly without shutting the fucking place down, wishfully curtailing business hours or any of the other mostly useless and non-sensical things officials do to feel good/make themselves look good to the fearful about their COVID response.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Well, supposedly people drink more after 10pm or whatever hour in the evening you choose. The obvious solution to that is to reinstate 18A.

We're just a few idiot experts away from proposing that kind of stupid shit.
            Told-ya-so ....... PA Governor Halts Alcohol Sales .........

​​​​​​https://nypost.com/2020/11/23/pennsy...-thanksgiving/
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Told-ya-so ....... PA Governor Halts Alcohol Sales .........

​​​​​​https://nypost.com/2020/11/23/pennsy...-thanksgiving/
              A 15-hour ban? This seems targeted directly at the biggest drinking night of the year aka The Wednesday before Thanksgiving

BTW, Pennsylvania is a fucking backwards-ass state when it comes to alcohol

Comment

• That’s true. I remember stopping at a market outside of Philly for a six-pack. They told me I’d need to go to a bar or a beer distributor to buy my beer.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Philly has some weird ass rules for titty bars too...BYOB bring in a cooler...check it in...then you have to pay to get beers from your own cooler and tip...fucking racket...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    That’s true. I remember stopping at a market outside of Philly for a six-pack. They told me I’d need to go to a bar or a beer distributor to buy my beer.
                    Yep. I guess they have loosened up some but you used to not be able to find beer at any of the places it's easily found in Ohio. No gas stations, drug stores, or convenience stores selling it. Some grocery stores did but strict limits. Mainly had to locate a state-licensed liquor store.

Comment

• Motherfucking quakers. Nothing ever changes with those fucktwats.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Yep. I guess they have loosened up some but you used to not be able to find beer at any of the places it's easily found in Ohio. No gas stations, drug stores, or convenience stores selling it. Some grocery stores did but strict limits. Mainly had to locate a state-licensed liquor store.
                        Its the fucking Amish. I knew it was a limited ban ...... I just wanted to make a point. There are people out there, this Governor being one of them, doing silly shit that has the potential of, you know, getting one foot in the door then muscling in more and more and more stupid shit.

If you don't speak out against it, don't make it known that we're not going to allow this kind of silly shit to happen, it will happen. My point exactly.

Comment

• I believe there may be a few counties in Ohio that still won't sell on Sundays but I don't believe there are any fully Dry Counties left. Even in Amish country it's a town-by-town thing.

Not sure about surrounding states except Kentucky where I know there's still at least a dozen dry counties.

Comment

• LMAO. George Floyd was a victim of the gas chambers or something...

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com...-george-floyd/

Holocaust Museum opens exhibition about the killing of George Floyd

An American Holocaust Museum has opened an exhibition about the death of George Floyd.

The Holocaust Memorial Resource and Education Center in Florida, established to educate future generations about the Nazi extermination of six million Jews during the Second World War, is housing a collection of 45 photographs of individuals reacting to killing of Mr Floyd, the African American choked to death by white police officer in Minneapolis earlier this year.

The exhibition is entitled Uprooting Prejudice: Faces of Change, and features images by Minneapolisphotographer John Noltner. One portrait features the father of Michael Brown Jr, who was shot dead by a policeman in Missouri in 2014.

Lisa Bachman, assistant director of the Holocaust Center, said: “We have produced this so that people can come and look these individuals in the eye. So you come face to face with people, so you can really experience the feelings that they were feeling.”

Noltner said: “When George Floyd was killed that happened 11.6 miles north of my house and I knew with the piece of my mind’s goal being to hear voices that aren’t always heard as well as they should be. I knew that I wanted to go to that site.”
                            The mass insanity of our society continues.

Comment

• Trump is sharing a bunch of Randy Quaid posts this morning and is urging Republicans to "listen to him". For anyone living under a rock the past decade, Quaid is something of a legit wacko.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Trump is sharing a bunch of Randy Quaid posts this morning and is urging Republicans to "listen to him". For anyone living under a rock the past decade, Quaid is something of a legit wacko.

Comment

Working...
                                X