No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if over-consumption of garden-variety wings helps fend off the covid.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My wife has tested positive last week. Myself and my son have tested negative and going for antigen (sp?) tests.

Dr Wife is psycho-cautious so its a bit puzzling.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Godspeed, Jon. Is she doing ok? I mean, other than being sick?

Comment

• She went to bed not feeling well, then spent the night in the bathroom. She went back to bed when I got up and slept til noon. Felt fine since. Like a 12 hour bug. The boy and I have been fine except for what we think was seasonal allergies. Again, kind of puzzling. The antigen test should shed some light and I'll get retested next week.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Interesting. My wife is having what I think is seasonal allergies and she thinks could be covid. I told her she should hope it's covid because if it is she's getting off easy. Let me know if your seasonal allergies are actually a light case of covid!

Good to hear about your wife.

I much prefer to here the stories from the 95% of the folks who had it, it sucked to varying degrees, and they are recovered or on the road thereto.

Comment

• It's a mostly peaceful virus.

Comment

• heh

I didn't think it would hit me quite as hard as it did but I am pushing 60. Worst part is my wife is pushing all this healthy crap on me now. I'm craving my frozen wings and Kraft barbecue sauce now...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The 'rona thrives on vegetables. You need to snuff it out with processed foods, preferably fried.

Comment

• Sounds like Wiz got hit with a 2001 UNL-Colorado version of covid, but fortunately missed the 2004 UNL-TT version.

Comment

• So here's a thought that goes along with what my wife describes as worrying too much about shit that's not on my plate yet........

Connecting the dots, (1) We know there are probably 1/2 dozen vaccines out there that are moving quickly to distribution, more if you count what the Russians and Chinese are already forcing on their populations using the entire country as Phase III (in US FDA Parlance) test beds. (2) We know that vaccine manufacturing has been underway probably since late summer, like August and as Talent pointed out .......why are companies doing this if they didn't think the stuff was going to work and they were going to make billions. There's probably a lot of viles of all these vaccines combined already on the shelves. (3) Public announcements of testing storage and distrbution by Pfizer .... they can't possibly be the lone big pharma operations doing this. Various pharmaceutical companies are in a race up the proverbial hill for market share. First to the top of the hill makes gozillions, everyone else, billions. (4) Various medical authorities, including WHO, are worried about poor countries not getting vaccines while rich countries horde them.

I'm a bad guy. The Arc of the Covenant is out there, no really, it is. It's in the form a vaccine and it's stored in various places. I want to know where and I'll kill people to find out where it is. When I find it, I'm going to take as much of it as I can get my hands on and hold people who want it for legitimate purposes, like stopping the spread of SARS-CoV-2, hostage until I get my billions. What a great story ..... but fucking potentially scary real.

I'm wondering if, especially in the US, there are not plans to keep the vaccines stored here under military guard on military installations and the distribution of it will be done by military means, under guard and I mean serious guard. Beside Trump not wanting to give anyone else credit but himself for Operation Warp Speed and getting these vaccines out there to Americans at scale, and, BTW, leading the world to recovery, its a reason that Biden is claiming he isn't able to connect with the WH's key Pandemic Task Force personnel. Dot (4): What's going on with vaccine planning and distribution is Top Secret, No Foreign Dissemination (NOFORN) and further falls under several layers of what is called Compartmentalized (need to know) information. If you are read into a program - and they all have code names - you go to a SCIF (Special Compartmentalized Information Facility) to read-up on it or meet to discuss it. Access is tightly controlled.

This is a no-shit national security undertaking when you think about it.

Cool.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah it's possible Trump wants to play kingmaker, but I think the only way that is possible is if it is clear he can't make another run. He only cares about being president, any long term policy agenda to be had from anointing a successor is of no consequence to him.

Of course nature may take its course, he is not in good shape and 4 years is a long time. It is just amazing to me how much the GOP fears him.

Comment

• I was listening to Walt Isaacson on these vaccines and he said that these are the first vaccines to use RMNA. I'm am not an anti-vaxxer at all, but this kind of info seems a little worrying.

Comment

• mRNA. And #Science.

Comment

• Talent blinded me with science..
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...but AA hit me with technology...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X