• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFZ

But he did a great job though.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That was PDJT’s fault. Somehow.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• EFZ again. PDJT has killed several hundred thousand people by not taking Covid seriously enough. Cuomo did all he could to prevent death and despair.

Just ask Joe. When he wakes up.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Anyway, while the CFRs are way lower than April, we’re getting into case numbers that are probably gonna need flattened.

Comment

• join_in_the_internet_circle_jerk_print-ra11ce31c7e7d40d78d37d8a5a1e777f5_zod_400.jpg
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You know I love you, CG, but the memes remind me of Kapture. Heh.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                I keep hearing rumors about Dominion Resources as a producer of vote-counting machines. I tried to google it, but any real information has been edited. Is it possible that a counting machine can be programmed to switch Trump votes to Biden votes?
                How dare Genghis Jon accuse this thread of becoming Qanon Lite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  I keep hearing rumors about Dominion Resources as a producer of vote-counting machines. I tried to google it, but any real information has been edited. Is it possible that a counting machine can be programmed to switch Trump votes to Biden votes?
                  I don't know about programming them a specific way, but a Dominion employee has claimed in a sworn affidavit that she witnessed mass voter fraud on election night when she was there to provide tech support.

g5nvndNxuh.jpg
                  Last edited by Hannibal; November 13, 2020, 03:54 AM.

Comment

• So far, all (yes all) affidavits in Michigan have been tossed as hearsay. This should give you an insight as to the game the hard core Trumpanzees are playing.

In Shiawassee County, for instance, Republican Clerk Caroline Wilson accidentally added a zero to Biden’s vote total, temporarily giving him a major boost in unofficial results. The mistake was quickly fixed, but not before a right-wing news site ran an inflammatory headline falsely declaring that a “massive dump” of Biden ballots suddenly appeared overnight in Michigan.

A data input error that briefly showed an unusually large uptick in votes for Joe Biden in Michigan prompted suspicions online and an unfounded claim of voter fraud. The error came down to a typo by a county's reporting that was quickly corrected.

In Rochester Hills, GOP Clerk Tina Barton’s office mistakenly transmitted an absentee ballot count file twice, temporarily boosting Biden’s vote total in a handful of precincts. It was quickly corrected, but Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel cited it as an example of voting irregularities in a Friday news conference announcing a new legal team in Michigan.

The Republican National Committee is deploying legal teams to Michigan and calling for a federal investigation into ‘irregularities’ But elections officials — including some Republican clerks — say their claims don’t add up to much.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• No, no, no, Jon. The good people of Shiawassee County are clearly in the tank for Biden. Just ask Liney.

Comment

• This is 100% spot on.

Biden defeated Trump, but Democrats didn't win a mandate. They ignore that at their peril.

The more a party misperceives its mandate, the more pronounced a backlash it is likely to suffer.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinio...re-ncna1247620

because many who elected Biden for president nonetheless supported GOP candidates down the ballot.

In truth, these results are pretty easy to understand. The public did not embrace Democrats this cycle; it merely evicted Trump.

Ding-ding-ding!!

Comment

• That analysis is obviously correct. HOWEVER, when you win you win -- don't say, meh...we didn't really win. The Ds won the Executive, the House and may still win the Senate. They aren't in a position to be introspective. We're not going to see Van Jones going on to safari to the Midwest to meet a real, live PDJT voter like we did in 2016. That introspection, btw, lasted roughly 3 weeks before #Resistance fully took over.

Politics is what it is, and when you win, you win and try to do your shit.

The biggest problem the Ds have is the coming party civil war. The progressive heroines are media-created celebrities that have an outsized importance. Meanwhile, the D national hopes (Presidential and House and Senate) never rest on winning the fucking Bronx; they rest on winning purple districts. Suburban Philadelphia, Atlanta and Phoenix. So, you have two sets of Ds ready to square off -- the Celebrity Ds representing districts any motherfucking D would win and the Purple Ds that have to actually win suburban voters. And unlike the past the 4 years, their ain't no giant bogeyman that requires some sort of strained coalescence. So, it's going to get really interesting.

If I had to bet, I'd say the Squad, despite the low numbers in the caucus, carries the day. The Media loves them. The power of celebrity wins out over the power of commonsense, at least in agenda setting. The only hope the Ds have is that the Senate -- whether it's R or 50/50 curbs House insanity.

I've watched the Rs cleave for the past 4 years. It'll be enjoyable watching the Ds do the same.

Comment

• Coming to the House in 2021 as Rs, the first ever Korean-American woman (2 of them!), the first ever Iranian-American woman and the first ever Cherokee woman. All 4 flipped D seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              No, no, no, Jon. The good people of Shiawassee County are clearly in the tank for Biden. Just ask Liney.
                              Well, there might be one or two folks out here who'd agree with that statement, but I think its best to leave them alone right about now. The number of people out here applying for CCW permits is off the charts. They don't plan to use those weapons for squirrel hunting.

In truth, these results are pretty easy to understand. The public did not embrace Democrats this cycle; it merely evicted Trump.
                              Quote of the day very early on this lovely Friday morning.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• For the M faithful, a lengthy Politico interview and profile on Elissa Slotkin. https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...vil-war-436301

Comment

Working...
                                X