No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As this article notes, the Trump campaign isn't embracing any of this Hunter Biden stuff either. Except for Trump himself.

Despite the Trump-loving internet obsessing over it, and the president referencing it, the campaign has left it almost entirely out of its ad push.

This story inflames mainly political junkies. Assume someone doesn't even know who Hunter Biden is and you start babbling names like Burisma and Viktor Shokin. You have to have absorbed hours upon hours of political media every day for those names to mean anything to you. Ordinary, casual voters don't care. Just like how many didn't care about what Trump did to get impeached.

Comment

• More peaceful protests in Philadelphia last night as an AA man wielding a knife and refusing to unwield the knife was shot by cops.

I'm shocked the Proud Boys were able to mobilize so quickly to frame the peaceful Left. I'm sure DSL will have some great links on how they managed to do it, though.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• To reiterate...the Hunter Biden stuff only serves to further highlight the preposterous nature of The Media. That's it. And it does so REMARKABLY well.

It was clear from day one, e.g., that the Steele Dossier was a load of fucking shit. But, you know, that didn't really stop coverage or provoke The Media to go into all-out effort to discredit what was obviously and easily discreditable. Strangelove ccertainly wasn't making every effort to question the "sources" of that piece of shit.

Again, it's just another example of The Media showing their asses. And to think they did it for a totally irrelevant story. But, they can't help themselves.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Judge rules DOJ can't take over as "defendant" instead of Trump in E Jean Carroll's defamation suit

Good. Glad my tax dollars won't be wasted on Bill Barr's latest attempt to provide cover for Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/27/trum...tion-suit.html

Comment

• Interested to see how this Philadelphia situation turns out.
            Won’t comment on the police shooting because I don’t have the facts.
            All I know is Philadelphia area is a really damned important district in the election. Riots this year have lasted days/ around a week.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Column from Jonah Goldberg: Why do Republican leaders hate cities?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Social media has NOT banned all mention of Hunter Biden or his laptop. Anyone can go on twitter and do a quick search and see that's not true. There's some heavy-handed censorship going on but I can find plenty of links and mentions of it. Hell, Glenn Greenwald has been losing his shit for over a week now complaining about the censorship (while at the same time admitting the substance of the story itself isn't very impressive).

BTW, Steve Bannon's Chinese buddy posted a Hunter Biden sextape from the "laptop" on his website.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1688167...-steve-bannon/

I can say that I dunno about an elaborate Russian conspiracy here but if you truly believe Rudy's cover story about how this was all found on a laptop in a Delaware repair store, you may be one of those low-IQ people Trump is always talking about.
                Anything that remains on social media is because it has yet to be noticed or the algorithms have yet to take it down. There is a concerted effort by Facebook and Twitter to black it all out completely. And there is a hard news blackout on the story, except to say that it's a Russian conspiracy.

i don't find Rudy's cover story about the Biden laptop to be any less plausible than Joe Biden's cover story that he got the Ukraine prosecutor fired for reasons that had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the prosecutor was investigating his criminal miscreant son. And it doesn't matter if the material was found on a laptop as much as it matters whether it was authentic. Or whether the most heinous rumored material is actually on there. At any rate, the laptop has been turned over to law enforcement, and it's fully possible to determine how authentic the videos and photos are, as well as whether it was planted on the laptop or whether it was found there. It's worth spending time to find out. Certainly as much time as our government spent investigating the phony Russiagate conspiracy charges that Donald Trump was falsely accused of. And it is certainly worth finding out whether the future President of the United States has used his power in the past to cover up for his son's crimes.
                Last edited by Hannibal; October 27, 2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I'll cooperate as long as you are not the "special investigator"
                  I know a guy from South Bend...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hey, only 30 cops were injured in the Philadelphia rioting last night.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...alter-wallace/

Cody, this link has some of the video footage. I'm sure it's missing some pertinent information and if recent history is a guide, any additional footage probably demonstrates a reasonable response from the police. I am increasingly perplexed how we live in a society where people are ON VIDEO wielding deadly weapons in confrontations with police, the police then defend themselves, and they are the bad guys. I am 100% certain that if I were the guy in this video walking toward two police officers with their guns drawn and ignored multiple commands to drop the knife, I would get shot too. 100%. And I would deserve it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Hey, only 30 cops were injured in the Philadelphia rioting last night.

Cody, this link has some of the video footage. I'm sure it's missing some pertinent information and if recent history is a guide, any additional footage probably demonstrates a reasonable response from the police. I am increasingly perplexed how we live in a society where people are ON VIDEO wielding deadly weapons in confrontations with police, the police then defend themselves, and they are the bad guys. I am 100% certain that if I were the guy in this video walking toward two police officers with their guns drawn and ignored multiple commands to drop the knife, I would get shot too. 100%. And I would deserve it.
                      You're familiar with the Clownworld meme, yes?

Comment

• Not really.

Comment

• LMAO -- your future President when Joe Biden steps down. Drunker than Mary Sue Coleman.

JFC

Comment

• Potential for bigger embarrassment than OrangeMan. Granted, OrangeMan does truly make an ass out of himself, but Kamala might pass out at cabinet meetings or wake up in the middle of the night and piss in the trash can in the Oval Office.

Last edited by Hannibal; October 27, 2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Not really.
                              Good. Keep it that way. Only racists are familiar with this meme.

Comment

Hey, only 30 cops were injured in the Philadelphia rioting last night.

Damn. Crazy.

Read the bullet points from CNN a few hours ago. Think it’s ridiculous that CNN calls this protests when 30 police officers were hurt. No, that’s a “riot.” Not “protest.”
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X