No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, they'll be there happily and enthusiastically waving the Trump signs.

You underestimate the degree of stupidity of the American electorate .... present company excluded, of course. Well, except for Wiz and talent.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm troubled by how frequently I agree with Hanni. It used to be once a year but now it's more like once a week. I may have to re-examine by principles, beliefs and general existence.
      Not necessary, Talent. You are simply becoming wise. Don't fight it. In 20 years you will be pulling for Michigan in football.

Comment

• I was listening to John Sununu a couple of days ago talking about the rules for the Republican convention. The rules are established by committee the day before the convention opens, so there could be a Trump/Cruz pact to only allow candidates who won 8 states be placed into nomination. Trump/Cruz could agree, and that would mean that even if the convention were contested, the only two possible outcomes would be Trump or Cruz. So, assuming no one reaches 1,237 delegates, the two leaders could assure that it would be one of them. After listening, it seems to me that the nominee will be clear when the rules committee reports. If there is going to be someone other than T/C, then the rules must allow it.

Comment

• var isMobile={Android:function(){return navigator.userAgent.match(/Android/i)},BlackBerry:function(){return navigator.userAgent.match(/BlackBerry/i)||navigator.userAgent.match(/BB10/i)},iOS:function()...

Another reason to avoid the NY subway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• In CNN's exit poll of Wisconsin Republicans, around 30% said they either would vote for Hillary, not vote, or would go 3rd party if their candidate wasn't the ultimate nominee. Didn't matter if Cruz or Trump ultimately wins out. Just bluster? Don't know

Comment

• Cruz wins by 13 points. So much for that +/- 5 point margin of error on all of these primary polls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                In CNN's exit poll of Wisconsin Republicans, around 30% said they either would vote for Hillary, not vote, or would go 3rd party if their candidate wasn't the ultimate nominee. Didn't matter if Cruz or Trump ultimately wins out. Just bluster? Don't know
                DC people are a specific brand of voter in many cases, but Hillary is going to get most of the moderate Republican vote around here. I don't think it's bluster. Plenty of centrists find her policies appealing, if not her as a person.

Comment

• Hillary is going to carry 90% of the 72 moderate Rs in DC!

I agree with the Wisconsin polls. I think I spent Monday saying the Rs have to choose between a guy who can't win or guys who won't win because they picked a guy who can't win.

I think it goes without saying that a fair number of Cruz supporters are self-described true conservatives and part of #nevertrump or whatever it is.

The Rs can't win an election that should have been completely winnable.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The party has very very stupid people in charge who either don't know how to win or are afraid of doing what it takes to win.

Comment

• Again, that's in the Presidential context. The Rs do well all over the place otherwise.

But that just begs the question -- why not in a Presidential race?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Again, that's in the Presidential context. The Rs do well all over the place otherwise
                        Thanks to the grassroots efforts that drag the establishment kicking and screaming into victory. Which is one of the reasons why they don't actually do anything once they get elected. They party leaders have repeatedly tried to separate themselves from their base since 2008 and this year they kneecapped their front runner in a way that no party has ever done.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; April 6, 2016, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• DC is made up of mostly moderates, on both sides. It makes sense that processs-oriented people aren't going to be ideologues, and they have an interest in maintaining the system they know and in which they make their living. It's also good for condescending to those outside that circle. If I had a nickel for every time some smug asshole said ``well you have to understand the process here...''

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            Thanks to the grassroots efforts that drag the establishment kicking and screaming into victory. Which is one of the reasons why they don't actually do anything once they get elected. They party leaders have repeatedly tried to separate themselves from their base since 2008 and this year they kneecapped their front runner in a way that no party has ever done.
                            Though I see your point overall, the redistricting effort that gives the GOP a hold on Congress was certainly a fight conducted by the establishment.

Comment

• DC is made up of mostly moderates, on both sides. It makes sense that processs-oriented people aren't going to be ideologues, and they have an interest in maintaining the system they know and in which they make their living. It's also good for condescending to those outside that circle. If I had a nickel for every time some smug asshole said ``well you have to understand the process here...''
                              I'm being technical....DC itself is not moderate. DC Metro....word.

Though I see your point overall, the redistricting effort that gives the GOP a hold on Congress was certainly a fight conducted by the establishment.
                              Yeah, winning at the state level in state after state isn't grass roots. Turning out voters every off-year election isn't grass roots. That said, the tea party movement definitely played a role in ass-banging the Ds in 2010...ain't no redistricting excuse for the train the Rs ran on them in 2010....but 2014 was less grass roots and just Rs solidifying their advantage.

The "establishment" does a better job than the D "establishment" of doing really well at the congressional and state level in purple states.

Comment

• I'm being technical

Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X