No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasich would lose too. That "nice guy" thing wouldn't work because the Democrat strategy is "Waronwomenbigotracistohomophobe" and Kasich would be painted with the same brush. You only need look at the Dole/McCain/Bush/Romney experience to see this. Trump is the only guy who can win. He has accumulated huge negatives but it is possible to mitigate them. He is trending much more favorably with blacks than any candidate since at least Dole. Border security has broad appeal, and trade appeals very heavily to "moderates". He is also the candidate with the most variability, which means that he is also the only guy who could get less than 100 EVs. But I'll take a shot at victory over a guarantee of 255 EVs any day. Under normal circumstances, that is. But if Trump gets only 100 EVs and that is taken as a mandate for open borders and Political Correctness, then I guess I'd rather have Kasich get his <250 EVs and lose.

Sanders would not beat anyone.
    Last edited by Hannibal; April 5, 2016, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• I disagree on Kasich. In a vacuum, he can beat Hillary. I also think Trump is the worst possible candidate of the 3.

I don't think he could possibly win in November, however, because his nomination would come at a cost of fracturing the R party. I think the same thing about Cruz.

The Rs are hosed. Nominate a guy who can't win or nominate someone who won't win because you didn't nominate the guy who can't win.
      Last edited by iam416; April 5, 2016, 08:14 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Trump has the hugest crowds and they are the most enthusiastic. But Hillary beats him by double digits right now.

I guess that the Democrats get to claim the "silent majority" this time. Heh.

Comment

• You couldn't pay me to go to a Hillary rally but I'll vote for her over Trump so...

Comment

• With Sanders the Democrats would be relying on their advantage in the electoral college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              You couldn't pay me to go to a Hillary rally but I'll vote for her over Trump so...

Research Gary Johnson... He might be an option for you.

As long as we continue to vote for Dems and republicans the parties put in front of us, nothing will change.
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm familiar with Johnson and voted for Michael Bednarik in 2004. Either one would be an upgrade over the god-awful options before us.

Comment

• The way the system is setup voting for other parties won't change it. It is setup for two party dominance.

Comment

• Starting to see some fallout from the Panama Papers. Iceland's Prime Minister has resigned and China has barred anyone from viewing them.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      The way the system is setup voting for other parties won't change it. It is setup for two party dominance.
                      Not insofar as presidential elections go, no. Agree. Real change will require a new party with 10+% of the seats in Congress for several consecutive terms imo.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• I appreciate your math talent, but, WTF .........

Hillary is going to win this and, by what is probably the best part of your exercise above, varying single to double digit margins.

Which explains exactly why she doesn't give a shit about Wisconsin and has Bill up there more than likely chasing skirts than doing her any good.

She does give a huge shit about NY. Loose that one and BS - or Karl Max - heh, I liked that one, has some mo. Which is why she is stumping there and IMO, making the correct choice WRT the use of her time.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Out of all the candidates Cruz is the least likely to win the general election. it is warmed over Bushism with a defiant streak of no compromise. I'm not sure how you convince any swing voters with that.

Comment

• Cruz is way smarter than the Shrub but a hell of lot more dangerous as an ideologue.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Out of all the candidates Cruz is the least likely to win the general election. it is warmed over Bushism with a defiant streak of no compromise. I'm not sure how you convince any swing voters with that.
                              There is almost -0- chance that Trump could win. I honestly don't know if he would win a single state. He is so very unpopular with women.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I just want to see Trump win the nomination and give the keynote address at the convention. How fun it will be to see an arena full of GOP supporters forced to cheer and wave Trump 2016 signs.

Comment

Working...
                                X