Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    I'm not exactly sad to see old Bush cronies leave the party. Fuck them. We're in this spot in no small part because of them.

Rasmussen's poll yesterday had Biden up by 8. Yeeouch.
    They have migrated to the Dem party. I don't want them either.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I was speaking to my Township clerk today. We have 5500 registered voters here (~40 sq mi) and she has sent out (so far) 1900 absentee ballots. Doing quick math, 34.5% (at least) will be voting absentee. I wonder if this is consistent in other areas. I would have expected a high number of absentee ballots in an urban area, but in rural BFE? In a heavily GOP leaning Twp? Is it co-vid, laziness, the new normal?

If this absentee size is consistent across the country, it would make this asshole an even bigger asshole, a DeJoy sized asshole.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued a proclamation Thursday limiting the amount of drop-off locations for mail-in ballots to one site per county.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Cheer up liney. You got your wish, with the appointment of the next SCJ we will be well on our way to the theocracy that you crave.
        I don't think I've ever advocated for a theocracy. In fact, I think a theocracy would be worse than a Kamala administration, but nothing I say will change your mind on that, so .. meh.

Judge Barrett is going to be placed on the USSC because Trump had the unbelievable luck to be the President at the right time. McConnell rolled the dice with the Garland nomination and he rolled a 'seven' on the come-out roll. (for non-gamblers, that's a winning roll). Now, Trump gets to replace RBG, because its his constitutional right to do so. Even if a "vast majority" of the people don't like it, he's not doing anything wrong by nominating a new justice. McConnell is not doing anything wrong or illegal by bringing the matter to the Senate. It may not be popular, but its not illegal. Is it "ethical"? Probably not, but when was the last time Democrats treated the USSC justice process in an ethical manner? Was what they did to Kavanaugh, and to a lesser degree, Gorsuch considered "ethical"?

Judge Barrett will be confirmed, and then when the Senate rolls back to the Dems, they will pack as many new Justice positions to the Court as are necessary to take back the majority. Plus Kamala will be in a position to re-fill the Thomas and Alito seats with certified Democrat liberals. When the President/Senate roll back to the Republicans again, they will re-pack the court with their new additions, whatever number is necessary to give them the majority. I guess this will be on-going until we need to build a new Supreme Court building to accommodate all the new justices and their offices, along with a new courtroom with the 75-101 new benches for the justices.

We'll all be gone by then so I guess it doesn't matter
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Rep. Katie Porter is one of the best questioners in Congress.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I was speaking to my Township clerk today. We have 5500 registered voters here (~40 sq mi) and she has sent out (so far) 1900 absentee ballots.
            I think that's a trend all over the state, if not nation-wide. Folks like the idea of voting from the comfort of their own homes and sending their ballots in. We've requested absentee ballots in my family, because I don't want to mess with crowds and lines on election day.

I think we're going to see a record turnout, but I don't think that is something that either side should take for granted. It can probably be spun in whatever direction they like.

Comment

• Liney, I know you don't like Kamala and think she'll be the real or the next president real soon and that is, in your mind, BAD. I'd like you, or anyone else worried about sleepy Joe, to read the article at this link - you can create an account and get something like 3 or more free articles per month. This one is well worth the time to do that and so is the read. The article's hypothesis is that Bidenomics looks to be pretty decent if he gets elected ..... and..... the orange menace actually moves out of the WH without a constitutional crisis and rioting in the streets (Jeeeze, never thought I'd have to worry about that).

An implied sub-plot argues that Biden won't be forceful enough to implement legislation that will return the US to global competitiveness in the face of challenges to America's past supremacy and leadership by China and Harris could be a nice remedy to that.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Gov Abbott of Texas

https://twitter.com/chucklindell/sta...18569189806089

Harris County has 4.7 million and covers 1700 square miles

Think the Republicans are nervous about Texas?

Addd this tweet too:

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                  Gov Abbott of Texas

https://twitter.com/chucklindell/sta...18569189806089

Harris County has 4.7 million and covers 1700 square miles

Think the Republicans are nervous about Texas?

Addd this tweet too:
                  I saw that and it's ridiculous. Harris County has more people than 25 states. And it's larger, physically, than Rhode Island.

Comment

They have migrated to the Dem party. I don't want them either.
                    That’s because you consider Saul Alinsky a moderate.

Comment

Because it is true. Sure, she signs onto things (like Medicare 4 All), but once there is resistance then she backs down. After the first debate, her people started softly backing away from M4A. She didn't get any traction in the primaries because no one understood where she stood on the issues. BUT she has shown that she can be pliable depending on where the current political winds are going.

She will excite those love their identity politics. But those people were already going to vote for Biden anyways. Her record in CA as AG shows she was not as progressive as she calimed to be.
                      I certainly agree that she’s pliable and is a beneficiary of identity politics. I thought at one time she was a centrist/moderate, then saw actual policy analysis of the bills she has authored and that told another story. I think the party is definitely selling her as a moderate and I hope to hell she is because she will be the next D candidate for president.

Comment

• Bumbling conservative "activists" Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman have been charged with 4 felony counts in Michigan. Finally may have gone too far. Reportedly other states are looking at them too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Bumbling conservative "activists" Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman have been charged with 4 felony counts in Michigan. Finally may have gone too far. Reportedly other states are looking at them too.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/michig...ression-scheme
                          If you'd like to read more about it in something other than "the beast" take a look here

Nessel filed felony charges against two well-known GOP operatives for allegedly orchestrating robocalls aimed at suppressing votes in the Detroit area

Comment

• A map of House races in Virginia.

VA-5 is an interesting microcosm of what has happened to Virginia Republicans over the past decade. That ought to be a safe GOP seat. Other than Charlottesville and the far northern end, it's conservative territory.

From 2011 to 2017, the district was represented by a guy named Robert Hurt. He was a classic Tea Party type elected in 2010. He decided to quit in 2016, which led to an extremely ugly primary fight between Republicans to replace him. The man who survived was Tom Garrett. Garrett was plagued by a number of problems. He posed for a photo with one of the "Unite the Right" organizers in Charlottesville. He had big fundraising problems. And finally in 2018 he announced he was entering rehab for alcoholism instead of running for reelection.

Enter Denver Riggleman. Riggleman was a distillery owner and known to be looser when it came to social values than his Republican predecessors. He beat the Democrat in 2018 but then, a year later, came his undoing. He officiated a gay wedding.

Conservatives in the district, which includes Liberty University as well, lost their minds. They rallied behind a guy named Bob Good who had been a wrestling coach at Liberty and whose only political experience was as a county commissioner. Because of covid the Virginia GOP changed how the nominee would be picked. There would be no direct election; the winner would be chosen by a drive-through convention. Riggleman was ousted.

So now the race in VA-5, which ought to be a safe GOP seat, is a toss-up. As they've been wont to do recently, the Virginia GOP keeps choosing the most extreme right person they can find rather than an electable moderate. It's why they've been getting killed in the state.

EjQcUGNWAAA454e?format=png&name=4096x4096.png

Comment

• Heels-up Harris is a complete airhead. She won’t be running or leading anything. If Biden gets elected the country will go in the direction of the prevailing winds of the Democrat Party — i.e. kook Left. That means “defund the police”, Preferred Pronouns, more BLM, more anti-White discriminatory nonsense, open borders with free shit for everyone, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                Heels-up Harris is a complete airhead. She won’t be running or leading anything. If Biden gets elected the country will go in the direction of the prevailing winds of the Democrat Party — i.e. kook Left. That means “defund the police”, Preferred Pronouns, more BLM, more anti-White discriminatory nonsense, open borders with free shit for everyone, etc.
                                Oh dear! We are doomed. Whatever shall we do?

IMG_8050.jpg

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X