No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The City of Louisville is barricading sections of downtown and canceling all vacation and days off for public safety personnel. The action is in anticipation of the Attorney General's decision to charge any police officers in the Breonna Taylor incident. Decision is said to likely come this week. I'm guessing there isn't much of a legal case as it pertains to the shooting. Upon entering the apartment, an officer was shot in the femoral artery and nearly bled out. The other officers returned fire, inadvertently killing Breonna in the crossfire. It's a tragic accident as the result of some arguably shoddy police intelligence. If there are any charges, I would guess it has to do with the paperwork and not the shooting itself. I guess we'll find out but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that town right now.

In other Louisville news, the family of David McAtee is suing the Louisville PD and the National Guard for wrongful death. McAtee is on video firing two shots at law enforcement who returned fire and killed him. The complaint is that he only fired two rounds and the responding officers and guardsmen fired a total of 19 so that was unfair bullshit.

So if you're law enforcement in Louisville KY and you find yourself suddenly under hostile fire, take a precise accounting of the number of rounds coming your way and only return the same number.

Comment

• So if you're law enforcement in Louisville KY and you find yourself suddenly under hostile fire, take a precise accounting of the number of rounds coming your way and only return the same number.
      Too bad the Viet Cong and NVA didn't do that in the Viet Nam war. They were notorious for pumping extra rounds into dead Americans.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Have read good advice that Dems prob need to just accept the loss, avoid getting baited into personal attacks against Barrett or Lagoa, and stress how the ACA and Roe are imperiled instead. Get them to admit as much as possible on the record. Barrett wrote a lengthy article attacking the ACA and Roberts' Opinion. Accept that the nominee will pass and instead make it about the Senators, telling voters that if you want to see the ACA repealed with no replacement, keep sending Cory Gardner and Joni Ernst to the Senate.

The ACA and some level of abortion rights (first trimester) are more popular than Republicans care to admit, especially among Independents who could decide a lot of races.

Comment

• GOP fails to stop ranked-choice voting in the Maine Supreme Court. It's a go for November.

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Ranked choice voting will be used for the first time in a presidential race in the U.S. under a ruling Tuesday by the Maine Supreme Court, which concluded that a GOP-led petition drive intended to prevent its use came up short.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            The City of Louisville is barricading sections of downtown and canceling all vacation and days off for public safety personnel. The action is in anticipation of the Attorney General's decision to charge any police officers in the Breonna Taylor incident. Decision is said to likely come this week. I'm guessing there isn't much of a legal case as it pertains to the shooting. Upon entering the apartment, an officer was shot in the femoral artery and nearly bled out. The other officers returned fire, inadvertently killing Breonna in the crossfire. It's a tragic accident as the result of some arguably shoddy police intelligence. If there are any charges, I would guess it has to do with the paperwork and not the shooting itself. I guess we'll find out but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that town right now.

In other Louisville news, the family of David McAtee is suing the Louisville PD and the National Guard for wrongful death. McAtee is on video firing two shots at law enforcement who returned fire and killed him. The complaint is that he only fired two rounds and the responding officers and guardsmen fired a total of 19 so that was unfair bullshit.

So if you're law enforcement in Louisville KY and you find yourself suddenly under hostile fire, take a precise accounting of the number of rounds coming your way and only return the same number.
            Not to mention, Breonna Taylor was a criminal accomplice in the boyfriend’s drug business and they didn’t actually execute the warrant as a no-knock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Not to mention, Breonna Taylor was a criminal accomplice in the boyfriend’s drug business and they didn’t actually execute the warrant as a no-knock.
              Jesus, man. You need to stop reading that right wing bullshit you read. It has turned your brain to mush
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

From what I read, they were after her ex-boyfriend but he was using her mailing address which is why her apartment was on the list. Pretty sure their plan was to hit 3 locations simultaneously in the hope of apprehending the individual. She was with a different guy at the time the police entered the apartment after announcing themselves (albeit, per the police). But her male friend DID shoot a guy in the process at which point all hell is gonna break loose. The "murder of Breonna Taylor" is another in a long line of false narratives.

EDIT: Here's a good accounting of the facts that puts puts to rest a lot of mistaken info floating around.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ng/5326938002/

Claim: Police were at the wrong apartment

Ben Crump, a Florida-based attorney involved with the Taylor case, wrote on Twitter on May 11 that police "had the wrong address AND their real suspect was already in custody."

The search warrant for Taylor's home includes her street address, apartment number and photos of her apartment door, which police later broke using a battering ram.............

(Cont.) Taylor's name, birth date and social security number are listed on the warrant, alongside the names of the narcotics investigation's main targets, Jamarcus Glover and Adrian Walker.

Adrian Walker and Kenneth Walker are not related.

In the affidavit for the search warrant, Jaynes wrote that he'd seen Glover get a package from Taylor's home and that he used Taylor's address as his own on documents.

Our rating: False

The search warrant for Taylor and her home explicitly identified her and her address. The Louisville police were not there by mistake. They believed that Taylor had ties to Glover, one of the main suspects in the investigation.
                Last edited by Mike; September 22, 2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• The City of Louisville is barricading sections of downtown and canceling all vacation and days off for public safety personnel. The action is in anticipation of the Attorney General's decision to charge any police officers in the Breonna Taylor incident. Decision is said to likely come this week. I'm guessing there isn't much of a legal case as it pertains to the shooting. Upon entering the apartment, an officer was shot in the femoral artery and nearly bled out. The other officers returned fire, inadvertently killing Breonna in the crossfire. It's a tragic accident as the result of some arguably shoddy police intelligence. If there are any charges, I would guess it has to do with the paperwork and not the shooting itself. I guess we'll find out but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that town right now.

Great post. All of it.

From what I read, they were after her ex-boyfriend but he was using her mailing address which is why her apartment was on the list. Pretty sure their plan was to hit 3 locations simultaneously in the hope of apprehending the individual. She was with a different guy at the time the police entered the apartment after announcing themselves (albeit, per the police). But her male friend DID shoot a guy in the process at which point all hell is gonna break loose. The "murder of Breonna Taylor" is another in a long line of false narratives.
                  Correct again.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Jesus, man. You need to stop reading that right wing bullshit you read. It has turned your brain to mush
                    They have it on wire tap and surveillance, bro. She handled money and held drugs at her house. She was an accomplice.

They knocked on the door. They did not execute the warrant as a "no-knock". The "no-knock" is more fake news in a year chock full of fake news.

Fake news, fake narratives, sold by liars who get caught lying over and over and over again, yet for some reason, people still believe them.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; September 22, 2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• The one cop that got fired isn't the one who shot her. He stood outside firing 10 shots blindly into the apartment through closed blinds. A neighbor is suing the cops alleging one of those bullets went into her apartment and nearly killed her kid.

There appears to have been more witnesses that say the cops didn't announce themselves than say they did. They were in plainclothes. At any rate this doesn't seem very clear-cut. Walker (who's had all charges dropped against him for the time being) had enough time before being taken into custody to call 911 and say that "someone" had shot his girlfriend.

If someone knows if the ballistics report has been released anywhere, post it. Walker's lawyer claims the cops have never presented evidence the cop shot in the leg was hit by the bullet Walker fired. It's been six months. You would think they could at least publicly say if Walker's definitely the one who shot the cop.

Comment

• Reading back through the link I posted they rate the claim that Mattingly was hit by friendly fire as "inconclusive". It certainly sounds possible. However, "Walker has not disputed firing one round inside the apartment at what he said he thought were intruders.". So again, officers batter open the door, are immediately shot at and they return fire. Apparently quite wildly. It's a big clusterfuck for sure but I have a real hard time concluding that a police officer "murdered" someone when they enter what they think is a drug dealing operation and get shot at. Not a good time to be a downtown Louisville business owner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

There appears to have been more witnesses that say the cops didn't announce themselves than say they did.
                          Which means nothing. If somebody knocks on your neighbor's house at midnight you are probably going to be asleep and you aren't going to hear what they say. But at least one heard. That's enough. It's not as if you can accidentally hear people shout "police", but you can accidentally not hear them.

Comment

Which means nothing. If somebody knocks on your neighbor's house at midnight you are probably going to be asleep and you aren't going to hear what they say. But at least one heard. That's enough. It's not as if you can accidentally hear people shout "police", but you can accidentally not hear them.
                            Good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Reading back through the link I posted they rate the claim that Mattingly was hit by friendly fire as "inconclusive". It certainly sounds possible. However, "Walker has not disputed firing one round inside the apartment at what he said he thought were intruders.". So again, officers batter open the door, are immediately shot at and they return fire. Apparently quite wildly. It's a big clusterfuck for sure but I have a real hard time concluding that a police officer "murdered" someone when they enter what they think is a drug dealing operation and get shot at. Not a good time to be a downtown Louisville business owner.
                              It's possible to question what the police did with some intellectual honesty, but that requires dropping the fake narratives first.

Truth nuggets:
                              • The boyfriend fired first -- he may have been dumb enough to do this knowing that they were cops and then lie about it later to get a huge payday or avoid prosecution. We have seen time after time after time that criminals can be stupid enough to do this.
                              • Breonna Taylor was part of a drug dealing operation. Maybe not a huge part, but still a part.
                              • She wasn't in bed. She was in the hallway
                              • They knocked
                              Perhaps there was some negligence or malfeasance on top of that. It's entirely possible. But that needs to be decided by people who have some sort of expertise on what drug raids and shootouts with criminals are supposed to look like. The people who will destroy Louisville if the officers aren't charged are not these experts.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; September 22, 2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Also -- I love how it is such a forgone conclusion that the Left will angrily riot over everything that everyone just shrugs their shoulders now and expects it LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X