No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incidentally that Arizona Fox poll reveals it's possible Trump is being hurt by an unpopular incumbent Senator AND an unpopular Republican Governor. Martha McSally is down 17 points to her Dem opponent!

Comment

• I guess Biden won’t be calling out Antifa afterall. It’s all then white nationalists.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Trump tells North Carolina to vote twice as a 'test' of the system, once by mail and once in person

Later Bill Barr would tell Wolf Blitzer that Trump was merely telling a droll witticism. When pressed, he said he was unfamiliar if North Carolina law allowed people to vote twice.

Comment

• Well, if you live in a state that doesn't require ID to vote, why wouldn't you vote twice? Vote once on a mail-in ballot then go to the live polling place and vote again. Get a list of dead folks who are still registered, and vote to your heart's content. It works in Chicago.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yes, that happens everywhere where voting is by mail. Including ruby red Idaho and Utah.

Comment

• So then, we're agreed that this particular glitch in the system is worth taking advantage of.

Good.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                So then, we're agreed that this particular glitch in the system is worth taking advantage of.

Good.
                Trump has said massive fraud is occurring both in absentee ballots and in-person voting. If he loses, it's a sure thing the election was stolen.

No evidence is required . It is what it is.

Comment

• Oh dang, since we've been talking about wrasslin', the Rock and his family all had covid. Says it was rough on him and his wife

Comment

• Guy complied a smattering of unarmed shire folks killed by police. He has numerous examples.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• While news and information sources continue to twist COVID acquired facts to suit their particular "dire consequences" or "pandemic response chaos" narrative the narrative on absentee and mail-in ballots, by the nature of the left leaning press bent on harming PDJT on any number of issues, actually paints a positive picture of how such voting can be easily and safely conducted. While Trump slams mail-in voting the press, of course, has to applaud demonstrably successful primaries like Massachusetts and FL, among many others. IOW, the impact of the pressure county election commissions are feeling about the 2020 general election is precipitating development of sound voting infrastructure and plans ........ despite what you will hear over the next two months, despite the protestations of Trump, we'll have an election and election results that the press will report will be "entirely valid." Mark it down. It probably will be.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• In COVID news, it's "bad." What else is new.

Look, if you aren't concerned that you're not getting accurate and reliable information about COVID, you're living on another planet. The twisting of the data and the facts to support a particular viewpoint is unprecedented in America's history when facing a crisis.

The only positive I see coming out of this is all of us are forced to seriously evaluate our own positions. The discussion we had over the last few days on "6%" is evidence of that ..... at least that is true in my case. Of course, I believe that as knowledge of the virus is gained, as disease burden management has improved, PH policy continues to be driven by unjustifiable fear and conclusions being inappropriately derived from bad data, albeit, it is what we have. The fear factor persists because the information sources we are bombarded with continue to beat the drum that if you get infected, at best you will suffer greatly and have life long post infection symptoms, at worst, you will die. If you're engaged and reading here you know that narrative is wildly inaccurate.

There are a couple of recent COVID related events that are already suffering from distortion of information to fit a particular narrative. The first is how to prioritize who gets first dibs on a vaccine assuming it becomes publicly available this year? Again, we're hearing that the WHO has a plan to insure "equitable" distribution - read rich countries will pay for poor country's vaccines - but the US won't participate and that seems at face a cruel stance. A deep dive will reveal there are valid reasons for telling WHO to take a hike. You can probably guess where I stand on this and I can guess where DSL stands. By necessity we'll each take extreme positions when a more balanced one would be more appropriate. Our group is probably pretty reflective of the population at large .... at least the educated portion of it.

The second and related issue is what role does the federal government have in managing vaccine distribution in the US? The news this morning is rife with stories that describe chaos and infighting within the subordinate bodies of HHS over vaccine distribution planning. As well, Trump is being blamed for vaccine availability and distribution messaging that will get him reelected. Aside from that crap, the important question is will it be a federally managed distribution program or will the states manage it much like the fed left management of pandemic response to the states. A careful reading of what information is available on this issue suggests that, as the fed did in the early stages of the pandemic, that states will implement general guidance for vaccine distribution but unlike the fed's initial COVID response, the fed will distribute the vaccine according to a tiered priority system. The first link provides a decent summary of the second link, if you're interested, in the National Academy of Science's distribution plan that was commissioned by the CDC. I think it is sound. You can ignore most reports from the media on this; for the most part these will be based on a drive-by read of a complicated plan with more opinion about how political, bad, reflective of chaos, whatever it is versus useful news to inform readers.

Because initial supplies of vaccines will be limited, it is important to identify who should be first in line to get it.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ex-Michigan Governor Snyder endorses Biden

Comment

• Love the story about Pelosi and the salon. Breaks Covid rules. Then apologizes only for allowing herself to be set up by dirty tricks hair stylists. It's so quintessentially #GentryProg -- what's good for thee sure as fuck ain't good for me.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Do as I say beyotch!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Crazy selloff of Big Tech as I assume people are cashing out. And there's the downside with having so much of an Index tied to just a couple companies. Looks disastrous when they have a bad day.

Comment

Working...
                                X