No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NYT article today on Universities pressuring student-athletes to play football is yet another reminder of (a) what trash the NYT is; and (b) his remarkably out of touch the East Coast is with flyover country.

As a quick reminder, the athletes and their parents are leading the charge against B10 idiocy.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not surprising at all from the NYT...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• As a quick reminder, the athletes and their parents are leading the charge against B10 idiocy.
        Exactly.

And the only reason the Big Ten is having second thoughts, is because of all the blowback they're getting from players and their families. If it were not for the players and families, I don't think we'd have any chance of seeing any Big Ten football until the fall of 2021 at the earliest.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, but don’t ever accuse the Media or NYT of promoting a narrative.

Comment

• The Kenosha Professional Police Association released some undisputed facts -- https://www.wispolitics.com/wp-conte...28-2020-PS.pdf

Despite the source, those are very likely undisputed facts. Perhaps not the entire story, but almost certainly the undisputed portion of it.

Comment

• I completely missed this: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...econd-n1238796

In Minneapolis, police pursued a man suspected of homicide. The alleged felon eventually shot himself. The police circulated video of the event within 90 minutes. Nonetheless, rioters and looters still went out and did their thing. I'm sorry -- peaceful protestors still went out and did their thing.

Meanwhile, Presidential betting odds are down to 50-48. Maybe Biden can run the clock out and win. I think that's very likely. But, I think that strategy is made harder with the non-stop peaceful protests.

But, at least the Ds and their Media allies already have an excuse in the place if the unthinkable happens -- THE MAIL!

Comment

• Armed with a knife. Tased twice. About to be arrested for sexual assault (the report on that is floating out there too -- pretty disgusting).

That report doesn't mention this, but the most likely way that you take two tasings without blinking is if you are high off your rocker on something. The officers had to know that too.

Comment

• Yeah, they kept it to the currently known undisputed facts.

Comment

• Meanwhile, I remember the argument being advanced that the gunman kid who came to Kenosha had no business coming to Kenosha. He was only going to start trouble.

Of course, most folks arrested in Kenosha weren't from Kenosha: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...ing-to-police/

We all knew that, though. It's just that it only matters if it's a kid on the right.

Comment

• He apparently works in Kenosha as a liefguard too, so the narrative that he went out of his way to show up there isn't even true.

Interesting that people who think that we shouldn't have national borders suddenly think that driving 25 miles from northern Illinois to southern Wisconsin triggers a new level of outrage.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; August 31, 2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, there's no way he's getting convicted of first degree murder. That's such absolute garbage I don't even know what to say.

I'm seriously wondering whether the various D politicians are intentionally overcharging shit so that they end up with acquittals and even more outrage. Certainly, Ellison grossly overcharged the 3 other cops in Minneapolis and, under the letter of the law, probably overcharged Chauvin. Rittenhouse is obviously overcharged. Though, of course, I think he only shot white dudes so if he gets off the outrage will be relatively muted.

Of course, the foregoing is all subject to change depending on Trevor Noah's analysis.

Comment

• Rittenhouse's only crime is illegal carrying of a firearm. Charge him with that if you want, although I'm pretty sure the third guy that he shot isn't allowed to carry a firearm either since he has a felony record, but I'm not sure about that. But I guarantee you he won't be charged with anything.

Comment

• Yeah, there's no way he's getting convicted of first degree murder. That's such absolute garbage I don't even know what to say.
                            A truly fair judge would dismiss all of the charges except for as Hanni noted, the firearms charge, at arraignment. It shouldn't even go to trial. He should be given a plea deal of probation on the firearms charge. He has no other criminal record that I'm aware of.

But in today's world, he'll be dragged thru a sham trial, with a stacked jury against him, and a hanging judge, and he'll likely end up in prison for many years.

Just for defending himself.

And, of course the armed felon who nearly lost his arm will not be charged.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Rittenhouse's only crime is illegal carrying of a firearm. Charge him with that if you want, although I'm pretty sure the third guy that he shot isn't allowed to carry a firearm either since he has a felony record, but I'm not sure about that. But I guarantee you he won't be charged with anything.

"Charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the Indy 500" - figured that an underrated Apocalypse Now quote would be in order- especially since that race did in fact come and go without anybody noticing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X