Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    When someone turns their back on you, he’s asking to be put on the ground. And he shoulda been.
    They had already used their taser on him. If he had a knife in his hand then I can understand why they didn't try to tackle him.

Comment

• Police busted an out of state van full of DSL's people who were headed to Kenosha with a van full of incendiary devices. The van tried to escape, they were caught, and everyone in the van was arrested.

EgdPAYdX0AIbKuA?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• How would you have done that AA? He tried to grab the shirt and stop him Choke holds and headlocks are now banned. Do you leave your feet to attempt a tackle into the seat? Neither seemed to have time enough to get in front of Blake. Nice to second guess and critique later on watching a video. I admit I to questioning the shooting until learning of the kids. Now not so sure.

I know I was trained that if you have to fire your gun you shoot until the threat is no longer a threat. Only Joe Biden believes in a shot to the leg or shoot the weapon out of the hand gun slinging.

Sucks it had to happen, but I'm not going to attempt to put myself in the officers frame of mind under that stress.

Yep, my thinking has already labeled me a racist in the Lion forum... I guess it's still a free country and everyone is allowed to their opinions. At least for a couple more months.

Comment

• The knife was on the floor board, supposedly. And if the taser prongs don’t pierce the skin (which happens about 5% of the time), you re-taser. It’s not that they’re taser resistant or whatever.

The video of him walking past cops to the car with his back exposed was a tactical mistake in the cops’ part.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA = Anti-Blue

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
              How would you have done that AA? He tried to grab the shirt and stop him Choke holds and headlocks are now banned. Do you leave your feet to attempt a tackle into the seat? Neither seemed to have time enough to get in front of Blake. Nice to second guess and critique later on watching a video. I admit I to questioning the shooting until learning of the kids. Now not so sure.

I know I was trained that if you have to fire your gun you shoot until the threat is no longer a threat. Only Joe Biden believes in a shot to the leg or shoot the weapon out of the hand gun slinging.

Sucks it had to happen, but I'm not going to attempt to put myself in the officers frame of mind under that stress.

Yep, my thinking has already labeled me a racist in the Lion forum... I guess it's still a free country and everyone is allowed to their opinions. At least for a couple more months.
              Explaining an outlawed RNC is easier to explain than seven shots to the back. A DLTD would work, too. He will argue he was a fleeing felon. And he will get a settlement if he’s successful.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Putting aside that Trump himself clearly wrote this hilarious, blustering statement, why is a White House staffer, whose salary is paid entirely by taxpayers, threatening the Washington Post and telling them to stop 'interfering' with the Trump Organization? You don't work for the Trump Org, champ

“The Washington Post is blatantly interfering with the business relationships of the Trump Organization, and it must stop,” Deere wrote in his statement. “Please be advised that we are building up a very large ‘dossier’ on the many false David Fahrenthold and others stories as they are a disgrace to journalism and the American people.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  AA = Anti-Blue
                  As most know here, I trained a small municipality’s cops on pistol use. They were too small of a city to have an instructor or range master, so since I shot competitively, I volunteered my time when I was a city councilman.

The lack of dedication to training -both with weapons and grappling- that a lot of officers exhibited was pretty sad.
                  Last edited by AlabamAlum; August 27, 2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• NHL following suit. I may be done with sports.

Comment

• A shame that so many people know nothing but knee jerk reactions and lame virtue signalling. Taking a pause of two days to mourn or reflect on the shooting essentially throws the cops under the bus without looking at all of the facts. It's possible that the cops made mistakes in the arrest, but nobody is more responsible for the shooting of Jacob Blake than Jacob Blake.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; August 27, 2020, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• 888.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

As most know here, I trained a small municipality’s cops on pistol use. They were too small of a city to have an instructor or range master, so since I shot competitively, I volunteered my time when I was a city councilman.

The lack of dedication to training -both with weapons and grappling- that a lot of officers exhibited was pretty sad.
                          Agree more training has to happen. The taser thing sure seems to be a big fail of late.

Comment

• Although the final damage assessment to US refineries in Laura's path is still pending, early reports indicate damage was light if any. The industry had started shutting down on Monday in anticipation of a direct hit so preparations were complete when Lauar came ashore mostly east of the biggest refiners. Motiva, owned by Saudi Aramco, was among several large refiners in LA that said its refinery “sustained minimal damage from the storm”. It will assess the site and prepare to restart as soon as it is safe.

On Thursday afternoon, the benchmark wholesale US gasoline contract was down 5.9 per cent at $1.28 a gallon. West Texas Intermediate crude oil prices fell 0.9 per cent to $42.98 a barrel.

The stock markets were more interested in the Fed's shift from a focus on inflation to employment and stocks rose on the likelihood the Fed would keep interest rates low as long as unemployment persisted. Energy stocks were stable.

Gas prices did not go up here in S. FL. False alarm although I'm surprised retailers didn't tack on another 25 to 50 cents per gallon out of the sheer expectation that consumers thought gas prices would rise and if they did, folks would shrugg, say it's the hurricane and still pay for the increase without complaining. It's still not to late to see that.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              A shame that so many people know nothing but knee jerk reactions and lame virtue signalling. Taking a pause of two days to mourn or reflect on the shooting essentially throws the cops under the bus without looking at all of the facts. It's possible that the cops made mistakes in the arrest, but nobody is more responsible for the shooting of Jacob Blake than Jacob Blake.
                              Cops are held to a higher standard than the felons they are trying to arrest; it’s a tough job. I don’t think it’s virtue signaling to look at the Blake shooting and surmise that it was shitty procedure and sloppy technique in that attempt to detain and arrest. To shoot Blake you have to have a reasonable belief that someone’s life is in imminent danger; however, the cop who shot Blake in the back 7 times should be found not guilty of any untoward action if his attorney is able to argue that he saw or knew of the knife or he had a reasonable belief that harm would be caused to the an officer or civilian if he wasn’t stopped. A weapon makes that road easier.

More compelling to me is the Rittenhouse arrest, which is a straight self-defense shooting from what I’ve seen. The fact that he has been charged with multiple counts of 1st degree homicide strikes me as an appeasement to the rioting crowds.

Comment

• President Coward does and says nothing as US troops are harassed by Russian forces in Syria.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...092838290.html
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X