No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About 5 days out from the Wisconsin primary and Sanders has a small lead there while Cruz has been winning in 3 out of 4 of the most recent polls.

Comment

• After Wisconsin...

April 8 Colorado (R's only)
      April 9 Wyoming (D's Only)
      April 19 New York
      April 26 Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland

Comment

• Hannibals a Trump slappy...all coming together.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          In 2008 Obama ran on more than "Hope" and "Change". I know the fox news types like to repeat that all the time. His main policy proposal was on health care. It was passed and has been a success. For the record, the doomsday predictions from the Affordable Care Act from the right have totally failed to materialize

It is also worth noting the unemployment rate when Obama took over was around 10 percent. The auto companies were a mess and the financial system was teetering. Today the National rate is 4.9 percent, nearly considered full employment. The auto companies are resurgent. It is a credit to what they did that people forget what a disaster he inherited.

As for Trump, he was the #1 birther in America. That is where he found his base.
          QFT
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

In 2008 Obama ran on more than "Hope" and "Change". I know the fox news types like to repeat that all the time. His main policy proposal was on health care. It was passed and has been a success. For the record, the doomsday predictions from the Affordable Care Act from the right have totally failed to materialize

It is also worth noting the unemployment rate when Obama took over was around 10 percent. The auto companies were a mess and the financial system was teetering. Today the National rate is 4.9 percent, nearly considered full employment. The auto companies are resurgent. It is a credit to what they did that people forget what a disaster he inherited.

As for Trump, he was the #1 birther in America. That is where he found his base.
            Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            QFT
            Yep
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Did Trump finally step into it deep enough over the last couple of days to derail him? Is he going to slide or bounce back?
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                I spit in your general direction...
                Ppppsssttttt!

Its "fart" in your general direction.

Comment

Lets not forget that we had 8+ brigades fighting in what appeared to be endless deployments, fought off-the-books using SSA funds. Apparently that's been successfully curtailed to the point where Ted is ready to get us back in the ring again.

Comment

• It's true

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Did Trump finally step into it deep enough over the last couple of days to derail him? Is he going to slide or bounce back?

I think that his window may have closed about a month ago. The Republicans had to choose to either get behind him or not and they have chosen not to. I don't think that Trump can win anymore.

Comment

• The Cruz-Rubio War kept him afloat longer than he should have been.

Comment

• He's going to lose badly. Hopefully the Rs retain the House.

I actually think the best thing for Trump is to have the nomination taken from him. I don't think he wants to get drubbed by Hillary, and he will. If the Rs F him over, then he gets to make all sorts of claims, including about how he was would have won in November, and his "brand" carries on.

There will be no spinning or denying or lying his way out of an 8-10 point general beatdown.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

In 2008 Obama ran on more than "Hope" and "Change".
                            Not really. His speeches were packed end-to-end with empty platitudes and the media (who was madly in love with him) rarely, if ever, asked him to elaborate on anything. What details he did provide were usually bald-faced lies (e.g. "don't worry, I won't make you buy health insurance", "Obamacare will be deficit neutral", etc). That's why it's hilarious to hear Obama voters suddenly demanding a 50 page thesis from Trump on every one of his policy ideas. Where were you people 8 years ago asking Obama to explain his affection for Saul Alinsky and his ties to violent Marxist groups like the Weather Underground?

Part of a typical Obama speech. I think that a junior in high shool wrote this. Seriously. This shit is embarrassingly generic.

You see, the challenges we face will not be solved with one meeting in one night. Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. We are the hope of those boys who have little; who've been told that they cannot have what they dream; that they cannot be what they imagine.

Yes they can.

We are the hope of the father who goes to work before dawn and lies awake with doubts that tell him he cannot give his children the same opportunities that someone gave him.

Yes he can.

We are the hope of the woman who hears that her city will not be rebuilt; that she cannot reclaim the life that was swept away in a terrible storm.

Yes she can.

We are the hope of the future; the answer to the cynics who tell us our house must stand divided; that we cannot come together; that we cannot remake this world as it should be.

Because we know what we have seen and what we believe - that what began as a whisper has now swelled to a chorus that cannot be ignored; that will not be deterred; that will ring out across this land as a hymn that will heal this nation, repair this world, and make this time different than all the rest - Yes. We. Can.
                            I didn't have to cherry pick that. All of his speeches were vague "inspirational" crap like that.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; March 31, 2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              If the Rs F him over, then he gets to make all sorts of claims, including about how he was would have won in November, and his "brand" carries on.

There will be no spinning or denying or lying his way out of an 8-10 point general beatdown.
                              He saves face, and keeps the ball in the air for another four years. Very Trumpish.

I think you have it pegged.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                He's going to lose badly. Hopefully the Rs retain the House.

I actually think the best thing for Trump is to have the nomination taken from him. I don't think he wants to get drubbed by Hillary, and he will. If the Rs F him over, then he gets to make all sorts of claims, including about how he was would have won in November, and his "brand" carries on.

He can still win, but the window is closing very fast. It may already be closed. It's a shame that the Republicans have largely chosen the cuck route. Trump isn't a perfect Conservative but he offers Conservatives a way to prosper in an era where Policitical Correctness has run amok, small government Libertarianism is pretty much a non starter, and the demographics aren't what they used to be. Stopping illegal immigration and punishing countries who cheat on trade deals is very much "common ground"" territory for winning people over to the Republican party. "Path to citizenship" will ensure that the Republicans never have control of the House or the Presidency again. A Trump loss will be seen as proof that if you fight Political Correctness you will lose, so you might as well not even try.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; March 31, 2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X