No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based soley on what I saw last night, I'd say that Cruz is both crazy and uninformed on foreign policy. Apparently his idea for combating ISIS is reconstituting the Eighth Air Force to carpetbomb their fleet of Toyota pickups.

Trump is tabla rosa, and Kaisch is making calls from the 2003 Dubya University playbook.

Advantage push; there are no winners here.

Comment

• If this is true, and I'd bet it is, Trump was never serious about being president anyway. He wanted to run as a protest candidate and have a respectable showing, hopefully finishing in double figures. Now the horse has left the barn and there's no turning back.

The former communications director of Donald Trump’s now-defunct Super PAC said Monday that the billionaire former reality television star not only never expected to be the Republican nominee, much less president, but never even wanted to be.

From the former Comminications Director of the Make America Great Again PAC:

It was made clear that Trump was running not as a serious contender, but as a ?protest? candidate. ?I don't think even Trump thought he would get this far,? she wrote. ?And I don?t even know that he wanted to, which is perhaps the scariest prospect of all.
      Last edited by Mike; March 30, 2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure that this will be the only year of my lifetime in which the California primary is truly relevant. That is, unless, Cruz and Kasich drop out. When was the last time that a primary battle went into May and beyond?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          If this is true, and I'd bet it is, Trump was never serious about being president anyway. He wanted to run as a protest candidate and have a respectable showing, hopefully finishing in double figures. Now the horse has left the barn and there's no turning back.

The former communications director of Donald Trump’s now-defunct Super PAC said Monday that the billionaire former reality television star not only never expected to be the Republican nominee, much less president, but never even wanted to be.

From the former Comminications Director of the Make America Great Again PAC:

It was made clear that Trump was running not as a serious contender, but as a ?protest? candidate. ?I don't think even Trump thought he would get this far,? she wrote. ?And I don?t even know that he wanted to, which is perhaps the scariest prospect of all.
          I've believed that all along.

He's never really acted like a serious candidate.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I do appreciate the pure comedy of Cruz talking about eliminating ISIS. He frequently says he'll get the troops in there to do the job and get out. No nation building. It's as if he hasn't watched events of the last 2 decades. There is no going in and getting out quickly especially dealing with shadowy terrorist organizations. Sure they can invade whatever territory ISIS has carved out and get rid of that, but once you leave they will reconstitute.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              I've believed that all along.

He's never really acted like a serious candidate.
              Same here. He basically trolled the GOP and then found himself winning the damn thing.

Comment

• I think that's why his answers on policies are so shallow. He's never given them that much thought. He never thought he'd get this far.

If he were a truly serious candidate, he would have hired some political type person to coach him on how to answer those questions. Its obvious that he's just winging it most of the time.

Looks like now what he's decided to do is be a 'kingmaker'. He'll go to the convention with the most delegates, and be in perfect position to say who emerges as the nominee.

Doesn't really matter. Coronation day for Hillary is in mid-January.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Amazed Trump's been able to fool so many idiots so far. Thouh his republican competition for the nomination didn't prove to be any more intelligent than Trump's supporters.

Comment

• Trump's proposals are so vague. If only they were more like "Hope", "Yes we Can", and "Change we can believe in".

Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    Amazed Trump's been able to fool so many idiots so far. Thouh his republican competition for the nomination didn't prove to be any more intelligent than Trump's supporters.
                    The irrational people want to stop illegal immigration (fuckin' racists!). The calm, rational people realize that it is actually beneficial to the country to let millions upon millions of unscreened, unchecked, unskilled, uneducated people into the US from the third world so that they can consume US infrastructure and government services like law enforcement (and vote Democrat when they get citizenship and establish permanent one-party rule).

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    One thing these headlines do is distract from the truly uninformed foreign policy ideas of Trump.
                    I hear ya. Trump spouts off really dumb ideas, like a few months ago when he went off about how Brussels has a problem with the Muslims there assimilating. Fortunately, Trump has been proven wrong and the hate-filled, uninformed bumpkins who believe in boogeymen like "Radical Islam" are still a minority in this country.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; March 30, 2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Campaign slogans and a stark lack of policy detail and issue knowledge are not the same thing. Just FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        I do appreciate the pure comedy of Cruz talking about eliminating ISIS. He frequently says he'll get the troops in there to do the job and get out. No nation building. It's as if he hasn't watched events of the last 2 decades. There is no going in and getting out quickly especially dealing with shadowy terrorist organizations. Sure they can invade whatever territory ISIS has carved out and get rid of that, but once you leave they will reconstitute.
                        His logic regarding ISIS, Libya and Syria was disturbingly obtuse and contradictory. I mean, I get it...you're out in the cheap seats as a candidate, so you criticize the current guy's policies, and that requires some stretches. Comes with the territory. But it needs to make some sense, and telling people that the air commanders in the region are wrong- just because- probably doesn't meet that criteria.

Comment

• Cruz knows better than the NYC Police Commissioner too. After all, the police commissioner has no real interest in protecting the city in the way Cruz so desperately wants. He just does that communist De Blasio's bidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Very true. Tom Osborne was elected to congress.

I spit in your general direction...
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Gary Johnson...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• In 2008 Obama ran on more than "Hope" and "Change". I know the fox news types like to repeat that all the time. His main policy proposal was on health care. It was passed and has been a success. For the record, the doomsday predictions from the Affordable Care Act from the right have totally failed to materialize

It is also worth noting the unemployment rate when Obama took over was around 10 percent. The auto companies were a mess and the financial system was teetering. Today the National rate is 4.9 percent, nearly considered full employment. The auto companies are resurgent. It is a credit to what they did that people forget what a disaster he inherited.

As for Trump, he was the #1 birther in America. That is where he found his base.

Comment

Working...
                                X