Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    Are we really throwing shade at DJT about looking at a phone while at a meeting? Come on. Trump’s an assbag, but that’s kinda pathetic.

“He looked at his phone!! Dear God!”
    Absolutely I am. If you'd yell at an intern for doing it during one of your endless monologues on the value of scotch whiskey, don't give the President of the United States a pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

What’s that pink shit on the columns?
      Hand prints I read. They vandalized it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Absolutely I am. If you'd yell at an intern for doing it during one of your endless monologues on the value of scotch whiskey, don't give the President of the United States a pass.
        I was on my phone during meetings. It’s a ridiculous and petty charge.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Bolton is a traitor and has thoroughly damaged America per Pompeo.

Comment

• Pompeo is a moron. Let Bolton publish his book. It will change zero minds. The people who love Trump will still love him and the people who hate him will still hate him. And maybe the Bolton book will give some legitimate ammo so some partisans will find more substantial fault than Trump looking at a phone during some bullshit meeting.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Bolton's book is full of national secrets and it's also 100% untrue. Haven't you heard?

From what I've read about Pompeo over the past couple years the New Yorker piece captures him best.

1) He was in financial trouble before heading to Congress on the Koch Brothers' dime
              2) He thought that Trump was his ticket to the Presidency in 2024
              3) He treats his subordinates like shit. Around the State Dept Tillerson wasn't liked but for different reasons than Pompeo. Tillerson didn't have political aspirations beyond the State Dept and just came in like a private sector CEO expecting to 'trim the fat' and lay people off without emotion. Pompeo, OTOH, has wildly delusional beliefs that he could be President some day and is willing to sacrifice anyone at the State Dept, throw anyone under the bus, if it'll keep himself in good graces with Trump and Trump's base.
              4) His actual views on foreign policy are closer to Bolton than Trump

Comment

• Pelosi has portraits of 4 Speakers removed from the House that had ties to the Confederacy at one point:

Okay. That does it. Racism is dead now.

Comment

• I do wonder what Washington DC will eventually be called—probably just DC. I would also think it needs relocated as it’s between two former slave states.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh no. That won’t do.

DC is District of Columbia, and ‘Columbia’ is a reference to Christopher Columbus. He was a murderous bastard. Cut people’s hands off and was not nice at all to the indigenous people he happened upon.

I suggest Wokeville. Maybe District of Che? Or just change DC to PC.

Comment

• Columbus, Ohio needs to be changed too. Suggested names:

Cesspit
                      Septictank
                      Tresselcheated

Comment

• I haven't always agreed with Jason Whitlock but I have always respected his takes. Well -- except for his praise of Brady Hoke.

He has joined a new sports/culture/politics website by the name of Outkick.

He has a great take on cancel culture and the White Guilt hysteria. Today's column is highly recommended.

https://outkick.com/o-say-can-you-se...t-of-this-war/

What you are seeing is nothing less than cultural vandalism.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          I do wonder what Washington DC will eventually be called—probably just DC. I would also think it needs relocated as it’s between two former slave states.
                          Also, we need to rename the first 20 or so states because they are ALL former slave states. Each of the 13 colonies had them. That and anything to do with the 12 slave-owning presidents, throw in Franklin, Hamilton (for his slave dealing), and anyone else who allowed it. Then add the presidents who murdered and stole from the Native Americans. We cannot rest until we remove all historical figures who did not adhere to modern mores and ethics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            I haven't always agreed with Jason Whitlock but I have always respected his takes. Well -- except for his praise of Brady Hoke.

He has joined a new sports/culture/politics website by the name of Outkick.

He has a great take on cancel culture and the White Guilt hysteria. Today's column is highly recommended.

https://outkick.com/o-say-can-you-se...t-of-this-war/

What you are seeing is nothing less than cultural vandalism.
                            Good article. Outkick The Coverage is Clay Travis’ site. He is a Vandy lawyer, Tennessee fan, but he has some interesting takes. I didn’t know that Whitlock had joined him.

Comment

• Banning the "Gator Bait" chant shows just how stupid our intelligenca is, and why these ivory tower numbskulls have no business ruling over us or passing judgements on us. I believe that it was William F. Buckley who famously said that he would rather be ruled by 50 random names from the phonebook than the Harvard faculty and he was right.

I guess one benefit of this nonsense is that it's going to awaken Joe Q. Public about what is going on in the world. Most of the country still does not have a very strong opinion about Cancel Culture, but when you start exposing them to this moronic shit 80,000 people at a time, you're going to get an awakening.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; June 19, 2020, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• And the Eyes of Texas thing. It’s all so stupid. When my brother in law was at Grand Forks AFB, I remember the various Sioux groups wanting the university’s mascot changed from Sioux UNLESS a better financial deal could be reached (like what Florida State had done with the Seminole tribes). I remember thinking how laughable that was and how it (and how things of that nature) could never happen. Boy, was I wrong. FWIW, the people of North Dakota tried to fight it until the NCAA stepped in.

Comment

Working...
                                X