No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one else in the Republican party was remotely electable other than that guy who had absolutely no charisma/personality.

Comment

• It generally may be a stereotype that Donald Trump is supported by angry, uneducated whites...but at least in Ohio it's true if you look at the map of the counties where he won.

Ohio election results from the 2016 general election.

He basically won Ohio's Appalachia region...the poorest and least-educated part of the state. Kasich won in all major cities except Youngstown, the suburbs, and the 'traditional Midwest' areas.

Comment

• Trump did very well in racist West Michigan.

Comment

• Ent: you make a good observation about the religious conservatives voting for Trump. Ralph Reed wrote an article in the WSJ trying to answer that question last week. His conclusion was that this election is about political correctness at its core. Conservative Christians are concerned about the anti-Christian shift in the country, much more so than the normal cultural concerns like abortion or gay marriage. When folks feel really threatened, they turn to the most authoritarian figure, and that is Trump. I've tried to look at the election from this point of view.

For example, last weekend. While the media wants to talk that it is Trump who created the protesters, the truth is that they were the same anarchists that protest things like meetings on global trade. Soros has made billions by manipulating currencies, and he is paying these professional protesters. Reed wrote before the weekend, so his article was not about the protesters. But what happened fits the script of the country going to hell in a handbasket, and the radical left trying to disrupt the election.

Two nights ago I watched a 30 for 30 film about the Duke lacrosse team. It was stunning in how it exposed what political correctness by government agencies is doing to this country. I'd recommend that all of you watch it. Here you had white, rich, men against a poor, black woman. What happened to those men should not ever happen in this country, but the entire legal apparatus of the State was employed against them. The woman filed her complaint in March, and the police never interviewed her until December. The DA (running for re-election) altered the DNA report and hired their own firm to test for DNA when the state crime lab said none of the players' DNA was found. The woman is in jail now for murder, and had the DNA of 11 men in her, but none of the DNA from any of the 46 players. If ever there is a story for this era, that story is the one. The assumption all along was that a poor black woman could not possibly be lying.
          Last edited by Da Geezer; March 16, 2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• I have that 30-30 on my DVR havent watched yet.

Comment

• The Christians have it so bad.

Comment

• The funny thing is Da Geezer is quoting Ralph Reed, a total crook.

Comment

• Interesting take Da Geezer. To me that is a classic story about a prosecutor abusing her authority in order to bask in her own "glory".
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

I think comments that trump is being supported by racist is a simplistic answer... A cheap answer if you will.. Certainly incomplete.... Trump is a vote of anger and that anger is about many things.... Such as wall street, politics as usual, being ignored, and yes, elements of fear. Both parties would benefit from understanding the different why's instead of dismissing those voters. Dismissing them in the first place created this...

And maybe I'm wrong... Maybe it is racism for a white person in a small rust belt town to look around and say what about me. I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong... I certainly don't think it is racist for any minority group to be concerned about issues that face them..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by entropy; March 16, 2016, 11:46 PM.
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Btw... I also believe while trump has added fuel to the fire in promoting racial tensions, the Dems have been feeding that flame for years. In fact I'd suggest the Dems count on racial tension and fears to keep votes. It's part of their playbook.

So to me the more important question is... Has this fire become too big to control? Meaning, are headed for another 1960's?

Comment

• After she resigned as Secretary of State in 2012 Hillary Clinton took to the lecture circuit as well. Some of her income has come to light during the current presidential campaign—the infamous $675,000 she was paid for three speeches to Goldman Sachs. That disclosure, however, belittles her financial achievement and the scope of her audiences. She also addressed the Bank of America/Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche Bank, UBS, Ameriprise, Apollo Management Holdings, CIBC, Fidelity Investments, and Golden Tree Asset Management. In doing so she earned another $2,265,000.vi No other political couple in modern history has enjoyed so much money flowing to them from Wall Street for such a long time—$92.57 million over a quarter century.

The Clintons and their relationship with wall street

Comment

• The argument that angry white voters have been ignored to reward ungrateful minorities instead is one that's been around since Goldwater at least. Definitely Nixon used it to his advantage. Trump's just the latest successful pusher of the message.

Comment

• Nixon won his first term mostly because of an anti LBJ backlash regarding Vietnam. LBJ did not run for a second because he was completely un electable
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Re Duke Lacrosse, it definitely has two components. From a media perspective, the race/class angle "fed the narrative" and they handled it remarkably poorly. It was abhorrent. From a prosecutorial perspective, it shows how easily you can railroad people though, in this case, justice prevailed. But, if they didn't have the resources, then who knows. That behavior was abhorrent and criminal. That's why those kids are involved in "Project Innocence" and such.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Sometimes anger and fear are appropriate and the most rational responses.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; March 17, 2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X