Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I worked elsewhere as a server, but The Cheesecake Factory remains the gold standard for chain restaurants, and anyone who says differently is a Fuddrucker's-loving moron destined for the Preston Brooks cane of justice. I'm looking at you, Strangelove.
    I don’t really love Cheesecake Factory. Would much rather have Longhorns, Maggianos, Ruth Chris, or Brio’s as my chain experience.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Preston Brooks' hill to die on would probably be some southern slice of hell like Huddle House

Comment

• I don't understand the people who have to get up and leave their seats five times a game. I can usually hold out until the end of the first quarter before tailgating activities demand a trip to the restroom. That gets me to halftime. Then I'm good to go for the 2nd half. More than 1 trip is just abusive.

I wil addl that the I would generally include poor fan behavior. I'd rather deal with letting people pass than stupid drunk people. At the 2017 OU-OSU game, I watched a group of middle-aged dudes meander down about 8 rows in front of us and on the other side of the aisle. One of them was almost being carried. He would have rolled down the stairs without help. So, during the entire pregame I'm periodically checking on. Everyone else is standing. He's sitting down, head down and you know he's going to vomit everywhere. Sure enough, in the early first quarter the dude pukes big time. And not just straight down, but all over the backs of the people in front of him. I could smell it 8 rows away. If the security guards weren't quick to act, there was going to be a major asskicking, and I sort of wish there was.

Anyway, one guy walked to near-dead guy out of the Stadium. Why they ever brought him there is beyond me. But, I can't imagine paying money to see that game and having some dickweed puke on or very near me.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The thing about Cheesecake Factory is that it is packed. Seating too close together and way too many items on the menu. They hand you a menu book.

“Hey, look at page 15. Might get the fajitas.”

”Okay. You get the fajitas, I am getting the Pad Thai on page 31.”

”You two get that and I will get the beef bourguignon on page 46 or the Shepherds Pie off page 8! We can share!”

meh
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            I don't understand the people who have to get up and leave their seats five times a game. I can usually hold out until the end of the first quarter before tailgating activities demand a trip to the restroom. That gets me to halftime. Then I'm good to go for the 2nd half. More than 1 trip is just abusive.

I wil addl that the I would generally include poor fan behavior. I'd rather deal with letting people pass than stupid drunk people. At the 2017 OU-OSU game, I watched a group of middle-aged dudes meander down about 8 rows in front of us and on the other side of the aisle. One of them was almost being carried. He would have rolled down the stairs without help. So, during the entire pregame I'm periodically checking on. Everyone else is standing. He's sitting down, head down and you know he's going to vomit everywhere. Sure enough, in the early first quarter the dude pukes big time. And not just straight down, but all over the backs of the people in front of him. I could smell it 8 rows away. If the security guards weren't quick to act, there was going to be a major asskicking, and I sort of wish there was.

Anyway, one guy walked to near-dead guy out of the Stadium. Why they ever brought him there is beyond me. But, I can't imagine paying money to see that game and having some dickweed puke on or very near me.
            Yeah. Folks constantly getting up and drunks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Preston Brooks' hill to die on would probably be some southern slice of hell like Huddle House
              While Huddle House is “southern” Waffle House is the much better reference there.

Comment

• I will never disparage the excellence of breakfast at Waffle House. Say what you will, but the pecan waffle, with a sausage patty, loaded hash browns and coffee was one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. And, of all places, I had that experience in Toledo, while bringing a load of auto parts back to Michigan.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Waffle House hash browns, mmmmmm. Add cheese, onions, jalapeños, whatever, and a side of bacon... may be the perfect food after a night at the bars.

Comment

• You can get the hash browns where they will throw just about everything in the house on them. I wish we had Waffle House here in Michigan. I'd be there regularly, if only for the pecan waffle and a cup of coffee.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah. The all the way hash browns are too much for me. They have chili and everything imaginable on them. It’s just too much imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

While Huddle House is “southern” Waffle House is the much better reference there.
                        I prefer more obscure references. And I did not wish to besmirch the fine people at Waffle House by association with Preston Brooks.

And I make too many jokes about Shoney's...wanted something "fresher"

Comment

• Excellent explanation. I, for one, found your "Huddle House Post" to be your finest effort since late 2016 when I'm sure you sassed the faithful concerning Ohio State's heroic victory. But that's just assuming.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• While all are Southern, no one eats at Huddle House when Waffle House is available, and isn’t Shoney’s just about gone? Haven’t seen many in operation over the last decade.

Revise and resubmit!

Comment

• I think Shoney's is mostly extinct but there's at least one operating in Ohio that I know of.

Comment

• What has four eyes, four boobs and seven teeth?
                                Second shift at the Waffle House.
                                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X