• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
    The conclusion reached after two hours of drinking. Fitting. :-D
    I'm almost sober by now.

Almost!

Comment

• That makes sense!
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If the future of the Republican party has no interest in trying to win black, Muslim or Latino voters, it doesn't have much of a future nationally other than the systematic advantage it has in the House.

Comment

• Jon said:
          Trump vs Cruz for the nomination is a lose/lose for America. Cruz has the intellectual firepower for the presidency (Trump doesn't) but his politics makes him as detestable as Trump, or at least as irresponsible.
          I've thought for some time that it would be a good strategy for Trump to name Cruz as his Supreme Court nominee early in the process. We should know this week who Obama picks, and that would set up a "second" election. It would also assuage the folks who believe Trump is a closet progressive. I agree with the anti-PC analysis here, and disclosure of the SC nominee fits that message.

The coverage of Trump over the weekend was one-sided. What about MoveOn.org and the other George Soros-backed "protesters"? All this hand-wringing is laughable when no one has even been injured. In the 60s and 70s, protesters were getting clubbed and killed. The media just can't stand it that they missed out on the actual violence that their parents told them about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            Jon said:
            The coverage of Trump over the weekend was one-sided.
            The understatement of the year. They have reached Oceana Ministry of Truth levels lately.

Comment

• Poor poor Don.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

The media just can't stand it that they missed out on the actual violence that their parents told them about.
                I think it's mostly the protesters themselves that feel this way. Rebels without a cause so they glom onto whatever they can.

Comment

• The only good I saw from Trump this weekend was the video of a guy at the rally in KC who was yelling "Send the blacks back to Africa!"...with a KU baseball hat on.

Somebody from K-State will make sure that shows up during recruiting.

Comment

• So who makes up Trump's base? A statistical analysis of each county Trump has won has revealed some not very surprising results. The #1 predictor that someone would support Trump: Whites without a high school diploma. #3: Living in a mobile home. #5: Past support for segregationists.

See the whole list here:

A look at the counties that have a high level of support for Donald Trump shows the factors that predict his popularity.

Comment

• Yeah, I found that a remarkably odd survey. I mean, according that bit of "statistical analysis", Trump Voters are more likely to have voted for George Wallace (roughly 10M votes in the 1968 election) than you have been born in America! LMAO.

Flawless methodology!
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Yeah, I found that a remarkably odd survey. I mean, according that bit of "statistical analysis", Trump Voters are more likely to have voted for George Wallace (roughly 10M votes in the 1968 election) than you have been born in America! LMAO.

Flawless methodology!
                        I think George Wallace is an example of segregationists, not that they necessarily voted for him specifically. The born in America variable seems a little odd. Maybe more of those people voted for other candidates than people without high school diplomas voted for Trump?

Comment

• Trump is beating his fellow Republicans in almost every meaningful demographic.

Comment

• I like the one about living in a trailer.

Hey, what do a divorce in West Virginia and a tornado in West Virginia have in common?

A: Somebody loses a trailer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              I spent about two alcohol-fueled hours on Saturday night debating with my fellow oil company right wing shitlords about Trump. Their criticisms initially converged to TRUMP=KKKHITLER. But then when we dug deeper, we found that their opposition to Trump was not based on them genuinely believing that TRUMP=KKKHITLER, but that they were worried that everyone else thinks that TRUMP=KKKHITLER. "I don't want Trump to win because he's going to alienate people". I eventually got them to admit this (but I couldn't sway their vote unfortunately). It's Stockholm Syndrome off the charts. Republicans are worried about losing the black, Hispanic, and Muslim vote. What they don't realize is that those folks are absolutely never ever going to vote Republican in any significant amounts, so there is no point in pandering to them. They will always always always always overwhelmingly vote for Democrats and gimmiedats. This is one of those uncomfortable but self evident truths that Political Correctness keeps from seeing the light of day.

And that is why Trump's anti-PC style isn't just style. It's substance. The Republicans are one round of amnesty away from being mathematically unable to ever capture the White House again. Political Correctness is massively crippling to Conservatives, Libertarians, and the Republican party. It keeps facts out of debates to avoid hurt feels. Trump is leading a crusade to destroy political correctness, although I don't know that he realizes it yet. In the meantime, he has a shot at bringing all of the social Liberals who abandoned the party over gay marriage and abortion back into the fold because he doesn't give a shit about those issues. He is giving the Republican party a future. That so many Republicans want so badly to destroy him is utterly baffling to me.
                              What the heck is a "shitlord"?
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Geezer, that's a good one.

Talent, you are misinterpreting the data. For every 100 people who identify as "White w/o HS diploma", 61 of them vote for Trump. For every 100 people who are "Born in the USA", 43 vote for Trump. For every 100 people who live in a trailer, 54 vote for Trump, etc.
                                Last edited by Mike; March 14, 2016, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X