Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimistic news -- https://nypost.com/2020/04/22/german...virus-vaccine/

Clinical trials for a vaccine are forging ahead in the UK and Germany.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tyson Foods is shutting down its pork plant in Waterloo, Iowa. 2800 workers to be tested. Largest pork facility Tyson owns. This plant has been a political hot potato. City and County officials were convinced the plant had an outbreak but the Governor has been refusing to order it closed. Tyson voluntarily did so today.

https://thehill.com/homenews/494053-...t-indefinitely

Comment

• Time to stop playing prevent defense on this thing...time to stop throwing up Bauserman-like wounded duck hail marys...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oil prices shot up to over $15 per barrel today.

Horrors!!

I remember when I was a kid, my Dad once drove past a gas station, looked at the price sign, and said, "I'll NEVER pay 35 cents a gallon for gas!!"
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• God damn you are old.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Banks skimming 3% of money dispensed from the feds.

Banks handling the federal government's loan program for small businesses made more than $10 billion in fees, while thousands of small businesses were shut out of the program.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• And beware of flying gunboats.

trump.JPG
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  And beware of flying gunboats.
                  Well, maybe the floating gunboats are being serviced in dry dock.

Ya gotta use what ya got ...

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yeah. I'm considering flying out to LA and hugging every homeless person I see for a day. Gimme some of that good Cali shit, ya know.
                    You might have to go to a hotel for that. One of the smarter (and barely reported) is that California has used the hotels that are locked down and systematically taking the homeless that are most likely (or have) to get the coronavirus and the state picks up the tab. Pretty smart since if they get it pretty good chance they spread to multiple places and then you could have another instant hot spot.
                    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                      Banks skimming 3% of money dispensed from the feds.

Banks handling the federal government's loan program for small businesses made more than $10 billion in fees, while thousands of small businesses were shut out of the program.

Skimming...or is that the negotiated fee? Sounds very high if it is.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You're talking $10B to push reduced electronic paper with no risk and less vetting. Next batch of funding released, give me $10B and I'll do it. I'm confident I can find a bank system to sub-contract the work to for a quarter that. I'll make all you troglodytes millionaires just for giggles.

Comment

• Even Kapture

Comment

• Rick Bright, who was head of BARDA (Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority) until this weekend accuses the admin of ousting him because he wouldn't go along with Trump's hyrdroxychloroquine promotion. He's filed a complaint with the IG and says he's been retaliated against by being demoted.

Unfortunately, this resulted in clashes with H.H.S. political leadership, including criticism for my proactive efforts to invest early into vaccines and supplies critical to saving American lives. I also resisted efforts to fund potentially dangerous drugs promoted by those with political connections.
                            Specifically, and contrary to misguided directives, I limited the broad use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, promoted by the administration as a panacea, but which clearly lack scientific merit.

These drugs have potentially serious risks associated with them, including increased mortality observed in some recent studies in patients with COVID-19.

Sidelining me in the middle of this pandemic and placing politics and cronyism ahead of science puts lives at risk and stunts national efforts to safely and effectively address this urgent public health crisis.

https://www.axios.com/hydroxychloroq...2716c6d5a.html

Comment

• Trump and Fauci doing Gov. Kemp no favors tonight. Fauci is consistent. Trump bounces between screaming LIBERATE GEORGIA to criticizng Kemp for doing too much too soon. Maybe someone showed him poll numbers of what Americans think about opening up fast instead of just playing him a Laura Ingraham clip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Trump and Fauci doing Gov. Kemp no favors tonight. Fauci is consistent. Trump bounces between screaming LIBERATE GEORGIA to criticizng Kemp for doing too much too soon. Maybe someone showed him poll numbers of what Americans think about opening up fast instead of just playing him a Laura Ingraham clip.
                                There was a poll recently that shows older voters are starting to move to Biden. The older voting crowd is much more in favor of keeping the economy closed longer and are worried about it opening too soon. This is tricky for Trump because his base is the total opposite.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X