Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will say this about Ohio:

1) There's a smaller black population in Ohio than in Michigan and observers are already pointing this out as an advantage for Sanders. Sanders keeps beating her among white demographics.

2) However, the state is more conservative to a small degree than Michigan in national elections.

3) Both Trump and Bernie have been tapping into people's frustrations about the economy. But Ohio's economy is in considerably better shape right now than Michigan.

Comment

• JMO, but modern mass communication is fracturing the two-party model, and the cracks are starting to show in this cycle. There are too many different interests with access to the podium to be constrained to “Coke or Pepsi” options, and the inherent non-functional nature of the current system is providing the energy.

All its going to take is for a substantial faction from one side or the other to take the leap of faith required to go over the cliff, and the dam will burst. Then we’ll be on our way to a more European-style party system with more flexibility. Its going to come at the cost of an election cycle or two.

Comment

• I live in a heavily Republican area of Ohio but I have seen nothing but Cruz signs everywhere. Trump is suppoedly leading Ohio but you wouldn't know that from driving down the street in a traditional Republican stronghold.

Comment

• Just pointed out on CNN but I'd noticed it earlier: Hillary is easily winning states where Democrats have no shot in November. She's losing or struggling in states that are supposed to be reliably Democrat or swing states (Massachusetts, Michigan, Colorado, New Hampshire, Minnesota).
          That's basically how Obama beat her. She learned from 2008.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• One thing to take from Michigan is how useless polls can be. Clinton was 13% points ahead of Bernie prior to the election only to lose by 2%. Sure, a portion of that could be mischief making by (Clinton) Dems voting in the GOP primary (monkey wrenching election primaries is an established state pastime for both parties), but the polls did not even closely indicate impending voter results. Polls were a big problem for Romney, believing cherry picked data that reinforced the Fox News echo chamber. Control freak Hilltron and her merry band of syncophants may be falling into that same trap, only paying attention to what they want, not what reality is.

Of course, I don't help matters, I always talk to pollsters and ALWAYS lie.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Depends who you poll too. If you are polling registered Democrats in an Open primary for instance, you're not getting an accurate picture.

Comment

• every state's choice for the national championship in basketball:

Comment

• Anybody but Kansas and Kentucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                    One thing to take from Michigan is how useless polls can be. Clinton was 13% points ahead of Bernie prior to the election only to lose by 2%. Sure, a portion of that could be mischief making by (Clinton) Dems voting in the GOP primary (monkey wrenching election primaries is an established state pastime for both parties), but the polls did not even closely indicate impending voter results. Polls were a big problem for Romney, believing cherry picked data that reinforced the Fox News echo chamber. Control freak Hilltron and her merry band of syncophants may be falling into that same trap, only paying attention to what they want, not what reality is.

Of course, I don't help matters, I always talk to pollsters and ALWAYS lie.

The polling on the Republican side in Michigan was pretty spot on. Only for the Dems was it way off. They may have overly weighted registered Dems or the turnout among those Dem voters might've sucked. Hard to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                      Anybody but Kansas and Kentucky.

Kansas = Hillary and Kentucky = Trump ????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Kansas= Justin Beiber

Kentucky= Ben Johnson

Comment

• Just a quick update on my situation ....

We got the pathology report today on the (several!) biopsies that were taken last week, and all of them have come back BENIGN. This is obviously a HUGE relief to my family and I, and we are very thankful for these results. I also want to thank all of you for the well wishes and prayers.

I will still require surgery to remove the part of my colon where the "large" polyp was found, and I'll require colonoscopies every year for a while, but this is a much better outcome than what we feared just a few days ago. Maybe I'll have the robotic surgery that Dr. Hodgman talked about .. ;-)

Back to politics ... :-)
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Terrific news Liney! Now we just need a title run by Harbaugh....
                            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Liney

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X