No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banks are warning that tomorrow's rollout of the small business lending program could be a disaster. Comparing it to the terrible launch of the Obamacare website only this will "dwarf" that.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Also, don't ever forget that China said on January 14, and the fucking WHO parrotted, that corona does not transmit human to human.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Banks are warning that tomorrow's rollout of the small business lending program could be a disaster
          Of course they are. They've been tasked with doing a fuckton in a very short period of time. Nice to see Politico running their CYA talking points.

A huge federal program implemented in days. Not months. Days. Yeah, we know how that's going to end.

Comment

• Study from China (fuckers) -- malaria drug shows promise in mild cases -- https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/h...gtype=Homepage

Meanwhile, one vaccine is on track, but still 12-18 months from widespread use -- https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/whit...e-changer.html

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Of course they are. They've been tasked with doing a fuckton in a very short period of time. Nice to see Politico running their CYA talking points.

A huge federal program implemented in days. Not months. Days. Yeah, we know how that's going to end.
              True. Plus the SBA is involved and that bureaucracy may be the most inefficient in all of Washington. It takes them 6 months minimum to process a simple loan. That is why they have offloaded the real work of this new program to the banks. Small businesses will apply thinking that this is a way to get their employees paid "for free" once the "loans" turn into grants.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Study from China (fuckers) -- malaria drug shows promise in mild cases -- https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/h...gtype=Homepage

Meanwhile, one vaccine is on track, but still 12-18 months from widespread use -- https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/whit...e-changer.html
                HCQ (hydroxychloroquine) is the drug Trump was touting a couple of weeks ago. It has shown some efficacy in treating the virus, but it has more potential as a preventative taken prophylactically. What the government should do is check the persons on Medicare and Medicaid who are currently taking HCQ for lupus or arthritis (which is a data point they already have by virtue of them paying for the prescriptions) and then compare those folks to the general population in terms of numbers of infected. Not perfect, but a way to simply get an indication if those who are already on the drug are having different outcomes to the general population.

Too bad Trump was so high on this drug. He was roundly trashed by CNN and MSNBC about it and has since been more circumspect about what he says about it. HCQ is a routine treatment for corona in China.

Comment

• What the government should do is check the persons on Medicare and Medicaid who are currently taking HCQ for lupus or arthritis (which is a data point they already have by virtue of them paying for the prescriptions) and then compare those folks to the general population in terms of numbers of infected.
                  This is a suprisingly lucid point. As a single -- stress, SINGLE -- anecdotal point -- my wife's co-worker's family all got Covid-19. A family of 4. Two adults, two older children (they're ok). All of them had flu-like sympton except for ther father. The father tested positive but is asymptomatic. He has lupus and has been taking HCQ since forever.

Too bad Trump was so high on this drug. He was roundly trashed by CNN and MSNBC about it and has since been more circumspect about what he says about it. HCQ is a routine treatment for corona in China.
                  When has PDJT ever opened with "measured"? It's also hyperbolic (to be generous) and then, possibly, a walk back to sanity.

Comment

• "surprisingly" ?

My feelings have not been so hurt since I was told I was "non-essential"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Banks are warning that tomorrow's rollout of the small business lending program could be a disaster. Comparing it to the terrible launch of the Obamacare website only this will "dwarf" that.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-launch-161106
                      My accountant is getting all my info to my bank as we speak. Better get in line fast biz owners...

Looks like between my two businesses I'm going to get a loan/grant around $100,000...not going to come close to covering my losses...but it's something.

Of course that $1200 check is gonna get me a few trips to Wal-Mart!!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Update from the same site. Bold means the date of being overwhelmed is later. Italics mean things are worse. This is through 3/31. And the worst case too.

April

16 New York, New Jersey
                        27 Conn.
                        28 Massachuetts , Washington

May

3 Louisana, Michigan
                        4 Colorado
                        8 Vermont, Rhode Island
                        11 Illinois
                        12 Nevada
                        13 Utah (act by 4/29-5/4)
                        14 Maryland, Delware
                        16 New Hampshire
                        17 Penns.,
                        18 Wisconsin, California, Florida, Tennessee, Indiana
                        19 Oregon,
                        21 Arizona
                        22 Maine, New Mexico
                        23 Georgia (act by by 4/9-14), South Carolina (act by 5/9-14)
                        24 Hawaii
                        25 North Carolina, Alaska
                        26 Virginia
                        27 Mississippi, Missouri (act by 5/13-8), Ohio
                        28 Alabama (act by 5/14-9)
                        29 Texas (act by 5/15-20)
                        31 Iowa (act by 5/17-22), Arkansas (act by 5/17-22), Montana

June

1 Oklahoma (act by 5/18-23), Wyoming (act by 5/18-23)
                        2 Minnesota
                        3 Kansas
                        4 Kentucky
                        9 North Dakota (act by 5/26-31)
                        13 Nebraska (act by 5/31-6/4)
                        14 West Virginia
                        16 South Dakota <minimal restrictions>
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I'm assuming a backlog of test results came through for Louisiana because they went up by almost 3000 cases overnight (over 40%) but the numbers of deaths didn't increase by anywhere close to that. Dropped the mortality rate there by almost a full % point. Down to about 3.4% now.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

My accountant is getting all my info to my bank as we speak. Better get in line fast biz owners...

Looks like between my two businesses I'm going to get a loan/grant around $100,000...not going to come close to covering my losses...but it's something.

Of course that $1200 check is gonna get me a few trips to Wal-Mart!!
                            The Wizzzard's Livery and Conestoga Repair.

Comment

• It's actually called THE_PROPHET_'s Livery and Conestoga Repair...I like to keep people guessing...

DSL:

STFU
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 13.9% today for Ohio. Deaths are going at a little higher rate, but that's to be expected as they will lag case growth.

Comment

Working...
                                X