Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

On the one hand stuff like that should be a wakeup call that it's already more widespread than we think but on the other hand, that causes the doubters to immediately say "oh well that proves it's not a big deal. 44 people have it and no one's that sick? HOAX!"
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Surgeon General: this week it's going to get bad

Comment

• I remain skeptical that we can "flatten" much. I think we're going to mostly just blast through it like Bill Bates blasting through Herschel Walker. I'm all for trying -- and I certainly have zero interest in getting a virus where I have a non-negligble chance of dying. But, the cake is baked. It's not frosted. And maybe we fix things on the margins and make it look prettier. But, the cake is baked, and we are fucked.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And sadly there's a lot of idiots out there. Somebody's keeping the makers of CURES ALL MANNER OF AILMENTS! snake oil in business.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              I remain skeptical that we can "flatten" much. I think we're going to mostly just blast through it like Bill Bates blasting through Herschel Walker. I'm all for trying -- and I certainly have zero interest in getting a virus where I have a non-negligble chance of dying. But, the cake is baked. It's not frosted. And maybe we fix things on the margins and make it look prettier. But, the cake is baked, and we are fucked.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The Senate spends all weekend negotiating. Schumer calls it "bi-partisan" on Saturday night. 24 hours later they are kill it because Pelosi didn't want it to go through. It's almost as if the Ds think their will still be jobs without employers.

Comment

• Also, if PDJT ends the "lockdown" -- as he's suggesting -- then he better well do it with real models of economic catastrophe. It better be a true analysis of which shit sandwich is the worst. And I'm 100% certain that won't happen.

Of course, by the time the 15 days so much will change. Like, we'll be over 100,000 cases by Friday and over a million by next weekend.

And, of course, the states are going to do their own thing. Ohio will remain on lockdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Also, if PDJT ends the "lockdown" -- as he's suggesting -- then he better well do it with real models of economic catastrophe. It better be a true analysis of which shit sandwich is the worst. And I'm 100% certain that won't happen.

Of course, by the time the 15 days so much will change. Like, we'll be over 100,000 cases by Friday and over a million by next weekend.

And, of course, the states are going to do their own thing. Ohio will remain on lockdown.
                    You don't need any models for the economic catastrophe, unless you consider common sense and a basic understanding of supply and demand to be a model. The jobless claims, the progressively worsening stock market collapse, and the corporations around the country implementing austerity measures tell you everything that you need to know. It's not like virus calculations where the tangible evidence points to a number that is a thousandth the size of the initial guess.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; March 23, 2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• People of Miami move large parties to boats and yachts to flout the isolation ban.

Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez said on "Fox & Friends" on Monday that he was "very disappointed" when photos emerged over the weekend showing packed sandbars amid the coronavirus outbreak.

CGVT,

How long would it take for the Coast Guard to sink these boats?

Comment

• How long would it take for the Coast Guard to sink these boats?
                        Back when I served, I think our gunners mates could have sunk the majority of them rather quickly using a well-positioned .50 cal

Not sure what the Guard has at their disposal nowadays.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You and CGVT are cleared hot. <Picard Voice> Make it so...</Picard Voice>

Comment

• The cake may be baked, but don't forget who the baker was -- https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...astating-lies/

Ever.
                            Last edited by iam416; March 23, 2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• One of the many aftermaths of this might be a clamping down on trade with China.

Comment

• It would be nice if Twitter shut down the account of that Chinese foreign ministry guy who keeps spouting abject bullshit

Comment

Working...
                                X