No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Vienna sausages are made from pork.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      Yep ...... I got a lot of, you are a God like comments from my patients out of the use of the stuff. It works...... also elevated my self esteem beyond what might be appropriate.

I thought your level of self esteem was boundless in the first place. My mistake.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• "Somber and Serious" Trump lasted about 2 days

Comment

• Here's some more hope for the BPONE crowd. I have this link bookmarked. It's one of the journals I'm following. It's not usually free. It's excellent if want expert testimony instead of bull-shit.

There's an article in it that reveals researchers in New York have come up with a way to see if you've been exposed to COVID-19 at any time in your life. It's a test similar to a PCR blood assay for HIV. It looks for a protein specific to COVID-19 (and you already know about this becasue I told you about it in an early post - shame if you're not reading my posts!). When it sees it, it lights up.

So what can you learn from this? One thing we don't know is exactly how many people have COVID-19 - the case number. If you mass test, and this could be done, every factor were watching (GR, R0, GF) becomes more accurate, more reliable. The net result is more accurate modeling and better information for public health policy makers, i.e, when can we get the fuck out of our houses and get back to work, buying stuff, start eating and drinking, going to events, all that shit!

It also allows identification of HC workers who were exposed, didn't develop serious symptons (thought they had a cold and it went away) and have immunity. These dudes - critical as they are - can move to the front lines. It can reveal why and how immunity develops, how long it lasts. Blood from people who are immune can be donated and then given to people who are infected and are critical - instant immunity boost. It's a big deal.

Look, this isn't some sudden panacea, it's just another innovative step among many that I said would happen and help. Details below:

Emerging technology news & insights | AI, Climate Change, BioTech, and more

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• BTW, I can understand why a lot of you here feel like you're standing there watching your house burn slowly down and you can't do anything about it. I want you to know, I feel everyone's pain, except talent's........ seriously though, my optimism along with, as Jon put it, my boundless self esteem will continue to flood the pages of this forum with good news. It's like that mag I used to peddle to raise money for me and my brother's little league teams. Grit. My older bother, that shit, would just give me has papes and order me to sell them for him. I also had to carry his saxophone to school for him.

Also, talent, I'm about to order a Peleton. I'd like you to go in halvsies with me. Since you're 1/3 my age, I get the cycle for 2/3 of the time you get it for 1/3. We'll work out a way to get the bike back and forth between FL and oh if any transportation service is willing to drive into that shit-hole state.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Will go 50/50. Winner of The Game gets to keep the bike for the year. Last one living gets full ownership upon death of the other. Done and done.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• heh ...... humor in this situation is the best palliative care..... and that's for both of us fucker since you guys, according to our "experts" in Washington, are now in the COVID-19 cross hairs.

Comment

• This is a really good article on what countries need to do to prop up their crashing economies and get markets tidied up. First, I studied economics at Michigan ..... ECON 101 and got my first C! I also stayed at the Holiday Inn so, I'm a qualified economist. Second, I find it hard as hell to understand how the banking and financial industry works. I think those fuckers planed it that way.

What's really good about this article is that it explains the global state of fiscal and monetary policy, discriminates between the two and talks in plain terms that lay people can understand. It's also hopeful with caveats. I'm pretty sure the Economist has made everything about COVID-19 accessible at an auxiliary web site. The linked article is at that place, you should be ale to access it:

Comment

• There's now at least a dozen House members (or more) that have self-quarantined after being in contact with one of the two infected Congressmen

Comment

• The markets with a nice smooth 180 point day. Tomorrow will surely be a 2000 point freefall.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• ...... Hopeful shit ...... as Queen's Freddy Mercury would say. "I LIKE IT!"

Re-watched Bohemian Rhapsody ..... for about the 4th time .... on Monday. The way the producers and Ramy Malek did the Live Aid, Queen concert performance scene was a real motion picture work of art. Classic.

I've got Queen cued up on Spotify and I'll run the play list every once in a while. There are dozens - probably way more - songs Queen and Freddy Mercury when he went solo for CBS Records wrote and performed than the ones that are getting play following the showing of Bohemian Rhapsody. He did opera with some chick in Spain and named the performance and the video production which is out there on you tube, Barcelona.

Good stuff to listen to these days and to the markets Freddie might sing ...... don't stop me now .....
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; March 19, 2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Intelligence Chair Richard Burrs selloff came around the time he was receiving daily briefings on the health threat.

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Italy's rightfully getting attention but Spain is actually on a worse trajectory than them (and so is the UK currently)

ETgWUa4X0A4cem-?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Putting aside the merits of sending everyone a check

Saw a suggested plan GOP plan to send checks to people. $1200 a taxpayer, $500 for every child. At $75,000 Adjusted Gross Income (single filer) it begins to be pro-rated. At $99,000 you don't get shit. ($150,000 and $199,000 for joint filers)

Based soley on your 2018 tax returns.

One, your 2018 tax returns say nothing about your present condition

Two, $99,000 means dramatically different things in different parts of the country. The places being most affected right now are big cities where the cost of living is much higher. Cutting off everyone in NYC who makes $99,000 is going to screw a lot of people who'd be considered middle-class elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X