No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two lines of thought for next Tuesday. First, St. Patrick's Day is what matters for Biden. He has Florida in the bag and probably in a big way. If he can win one or both of Ohio and Illinois then he can come close to wrapping things up. So, in that regard he probably just needs to hold serve. Win in the south and be close in Michigan.

Other line of thought -- there's a debate on March 15. Biden has been shaky in most debates when he's one of 6 or 7. That debate will be 1 of 2 (probably). He could really fuck things up. So, it's good to strike while the iron is hot and win build up as much of a cushion as you can. That said, I don't see how he loses Florida.

Michael Moore will be pounding the pavement in his home state for Bernie, and lord knows folks from M have a love affair with that fat bastard. He is, to borrow a phrase, Pure Michigan.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Biden will win Michigan and Bernie will win ND.
      Losing Michigan could be a death blow because March 17th is already likely to be pretty bad for Bernie. He wasn't very popular in Ohio & Illinois even before this and Biden is obviously going to do very well in Florida.

Comment

• Meanwhile, Trump's approval rating is back down to normal Trump levels, thanks to his handling of the Corona Virus.
        Yep. I'm not sure there was anything to be done. I don't think he's been egregiously bad. He spouts off a bit, but, yeah, duh. As a whole, the problem is global, and there's not much to be done about it. Whoever was sitting in the White House was going to get hit square in the face with this shitstorm.

And, of course, there was no way PDJT would maintain his post-impeachment approval numbers through November. There will be 6 or 7 ups and downs, at least, if history is any guide.

PDJT's best hope, aside from a strong economy, is that the Ds impeach him again.

Comment

• Speaking of that Italy just announced they are closing all schools and universities across the entire country until at least mid-March

Rightly or wrongly Trump will take some blame if a portion of his administration performs badly. And it could be fair criticism that the CDC appears to have greatly dropped the ball on having tests ready and distributed. We're way behind other first world countries in number of people tested, especially in proportion to our population.

But yeah, Trump should just shut his mouth at times but can't help trying to spin a story his way. I mean, it was barely over a week ago that he declared that the US had only about 15 cases and that those numbers would be going down and everyone was getting better.

BTW on another related note I believe I saw where Iran's VP is infected and 10% of Parliament??

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yep. I'm not sure there was anything to be done. I don't think he's been egregiously bad. He spouts off a bit, but, yeah, duh. As a whole, the problem is global, and there's not much to be done about it. Whoever was sitting in the White House was going to get hit square in the face with this shitstorm..
            A competent looking President could come off looking like a leader in a situation like this instead of a buffoon.

Comment

• Well with Mayor Mike out that would seem to give Sleepy Joe another boost. I doubt many of his voters view Sanders as their second choice

Comment

• Mini Mike specifically endorsed Sleepy Joe. Crazy Bernie is pissed that Pocahontas won't GTFO and endorse him.

Comment

• That is a big boost to Joementum especially if Big Mike keeps on spending.

Comment

• Michael Moore will be pounding the pavement in his home state for Bernie, and lord knows folks from M have a love affair with that fat bastard. He is, to borrow a phrase, Pure Michigan.
                    I know this is sarcasm, but in truth, most folks here in the mitten would prefer to forget that Moore ever lived here.

Even Geoffrey Fieger thinks Moore is crazy.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You'd be wise to accept your dough-faced, pot-bellied, slouched-back Overlord, Liney.

Comment

Mini Mike specifically endorsed Sleepy Joe. Crazy Bernie is pissed that Pocahontas won't GTFO and endorse him.
                        Yeah there's some debate online over who her people will support. A good chunk of them WILL go to Bernie but the Bernie crowd is talking as if he'll get almost all of her supporters. That's a mighty big assumption. The ones who were passionate about Bernie probably already abandoned Warren a while ago.

Comment

• With 88.44% of the precincts in and ALL of the Portland area counted, Biden's got an almost 2,000 vote lead in Maine. Cautiously optimistic that one's falling in the Biden camp too when the dust settles.

Doesn't look like Bloomberg will reach the threshold in either Texas or California. Good news for Biden in Texas but good news for Bernie in California.

Comment

You'd be wise to accept your dough-faced, pot-bellied, slouched-back Overlord, Liney.
                            I know he sees himself as something as a spokesman for Michigan, but he's nowhere near that. Especially in west Michigan.

I'd rather kiss HRC on the mouth before accepting Moore as my overlord ....

.... well, ... hold on, ... let me think about that a minute .....
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Yep. I'm not sure there was anything to be done. I don't think he's been egregiously bad. He spouts off a bit, but, yeah, duh. As a whole, the problem is global, and there's not much to be done about it. Whoever was sitting in the White House was going to get hit square in the face with this shitstorm.
                              And it's such a convenience that yet another opportunity presents itself- as if Russian interference and impeachment weren't ridiculous enough

And now it looks like it's down to Biden and Bernie for the nomination- is it fair to say that the Democrats have completely gone off the rails?.

Comment

• Yes it's another conspiracy to get Trump!

Comment

Working...
                                X