No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's first tweet since the Barr interview is to declare that he has the absolute right to intervene in any criminal case he wants. He's just chosen NOT to (so far)

This is, of course, part of a pattern in statements like this: "No no no, I never did that...but if I did, there'd be nothing wrong with that". Very fair to assume they are a confession of sorts.

Comment

• Sounds like Nervous Nancy will be impeaching again soon enough. Should push PDJT into the high 40s!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• She needs to get busy. After all, nothing is more somber or dignified as a well run impeachment, supported by strong evidence, and high bipartisanship.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• But it does help to have a buffoonish, amoral, Russian lapdog grifter as President. If we didn't, well, Congress might have to actually legislate.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• What is this thing you call 'legislate'?

Please define and use in a sentence.

Comment

• David French writes about the Stone jury "scandal" and includes a lengthy excerpt from the jury selection. Stone's lawyers knew she ran for Congress and were heavily implying she was partisan and still didn't strike her at the time. So unless she lied on her questionnaire (which isn't public), there's no real cause for a mistrial. And we know that the Judge denied Stone's request for a new trial because of a "tainted" juror.

https://frenchpress.thedispatch.com/...ry-scandal-not

Comment

• Andrew McCabe's lawyers announce they've been told by DOJ that they've closed the investigation into him. No charges.

Trump's good mood will continue!!

Comment

• Finally got a poll out of Nevada. 538 gives the WPA poll a B/C grade

Bernie 25
                  Biden 18
                  Warren 13
                  Steyer 11
                  Mayor Pete 10
                  Kloubacher 10
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Have to admit, the more from Bloomberg's past that gets dug up, the more I actually find him to be potentially worse than Trump. He'd be likely to do a lot of shitty stuff in office only he's way more competent than Trump and would get away with it more.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      At this point, I'm more inclined to think Bloomberg is the better bet than Biden. Neither is a good bet, but I think Biden is done. This primary schedule is death for him. His worst two are up front. His anchor primary isn't until the end of the month. By then it's very possible he'll have bled so much support that he'll lose SC.
                      Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      Bloomberg has zero chance. Buttigieg has zero chance.
                      Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

But, I think you're correct that Bernie is going to the convention with the most delegates. About the only thing that could stop him is a mad rush into the Bloomberg camp, and after today's revelation, that may be hard to do.
                      https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ry-d/national/https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...mary-forecast/
                      Last edited by Cody_Russell; February 17, 2020, 09:27 AM.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Those of you gentlemen here in the forum who have dedicated yourselves to the legal profession, why are you wasting your time? Mike Bloomberg says you too can be a farmer. Its really very simple! He can teach you how its done!

So, get out there, buy some farmland, and plant some seeds!

The former New York City mayor made the comments, in which he implied workers need more "gray matter" for information economy jobs than for farming or factory jobs.

Comment

• He's got a lot more doozies where that came from

Comment

• One of the last three surviving crewmembers of the USS Arizona died over the weekend

Daily updates of everything that you need know about what is going on in the military community and abroad including military gear and equipment, breaking news, international news and more.

Comment

• So sad to see the country losing our WWII vets. I don't think we've learned enough from them yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Have to admit, the more from Bloomberg's past that gets dug up, the more I actually find him to be potentially worse than Trump. He'd be likely to do a lot of shitty stuff in office only he's way more competent than Trump and would get away with it more.
                                His "stop and frisk" quotes should start showing up in the news more often soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X