No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't know for sure until it's out but the Times got a scoop on the IG report

* Clears Comey, McCabe, and Strzok of acting out of anti-Trump bias
    * The mysterious Prof. Mifsud is not an FBI informant
    * NO EVIDENCE that the Steele Dossier was used to start the Russia probe, one of the most persistent rightwing claims for years
    * FBI officials exaggerated Christopher Steele's usefulness and accuracy
    * Carter Page FISA warrant was flawed but not fatally so and was still justified

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/u...al-report.html

Comment

• That won't stop the GOP. They're dishonest, low.

Comment

• US Navy Secretary defies Trump. Says Eddie Gallagher should face a board of peers who will decide if he loses his SEAL status

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          US Navy Secretary defies Trump. Says Eddie Gallagher should face a board of peers who will decide if he loses his SEAL status

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1XW2A2
          Fuck'in A, yessss.

Like I said earlier, this is none of the president's business. Trump has no idea about military protocol or leadership in matters like this. Fucking idiot. Get out of the way, dirt ball.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Looking forward to hearing the Navy Secretary is a Never Trumper.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              Looking forward to hearing the Navy Secretary is a Never Trumper.
              I'm no longer on active duty and I'm not really connected with any of the Flag officers that still are. it's been a long time. But I would bet money that a good many of them think Trump is a fucking idiot, unfit to lead them, irrational and a dangerous CINC.

I'll also bet that there would be a quick forming coalition of military and NSC higher-ups that would reign Trump idiocy in if he did or wanted to do something stupid involving the use of US military power.

Those that rise to the top in the military services are politically savvy and extremely smart dudes. All of us should be comfortable about that.

Oh, and be prepared for another knee jerk firing by Trump of SECNAV.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm sure you are right on that account.

Comment

• Short of the MoH, there is no higher honor than to be fired by Trump.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• America's Mayor, winding down his career by ranting like a crazy person and paddling towards indictment

Comment

• AP reporting that the White House has told the Navy that if Gallagher is stripped of his Trident, the WH (aka Trump) will not intervene.

There were reports that the Navy Secretary and the Admiral in charge of the SEALS had both threatened to resign if Trump overruled them. I believe the Secretary has denied he threatened to resign, but seems clear that something changed behind the scenes to make Trump back down.

Comment

• DSL

What do you think of the word going around that House Dem leadership is done calling witnesses before them?
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                          DSL

What do you think of the word going around that House Dem leadership is done calling witnesses before them?
                          They're rushing thing to get it out of the House before 2020. The Senate could potentially call Bolton or Mulvaney or Pompeo

I mean, at this point Mulvaney, Pompeo, and Bolton could ALL testify against Trump and I'm not sure Republicans would break from him. They are terrified of him, or at least his ability to control their base, even if his influence on independents is shitty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

They're rushing thing to get it out of the House before 2020. The Senate could potentially call Bolton or Mulvaney or Pompeo

I mean, at this point Mulvaney, Pompeo, and Bolton could ALL testify against Trump and I'm not sure Republicans would break from him. They are terrified of him, or at least his ability to control their base, even if his influence on independents is shitty.
                            I think it is a mistake to be rushing this, but then I expect this kind of candy ass weak leadership from Pelosi and Co. If it truly is about doing your duty then you fight your ass off to get everyone there. Hell, Pelosi said the other day that she is not sure they will have a vote on impeachment (articles).

I also don't expect McConnell to let the Dems call witnesses and I don't expect Roberts (who is so afraid of making SCOTUS look political) to be anything more than what Renquist (spelling?) was during the Clinton trial. A figurehead.
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• SECNAV is out. I will guarantee you there is way more to this story than the WAPO has been told by DOD. My guess is that SECNAV's resignation at the request of Esper was arranged by Trump and his lackeys/ass kissers who care more about keeping their jobs that acting with integrity. IMO SECNAV was absolutely correct in telling Trump to butt out .... this is a Navy Matter of ethics, not one of operational control.

Comment

• Go Ticats

Comment

Working...
                                X