No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, maybe Kevin McAleenan is the next (Acting) Cabinet member to go bye-bye.

Here he is, openly complaining to the Washington Post that much of the Department's power has been turned over to people who are his subordinates in name only. Guys who are closer to Trump on immigration and who he likes seeing on tv.

Comment

• You can tell there's an increased sense of doom in the White House and Administration by just how many goddamn leaks a day there are now

Trump wanted moats with snakes and alligators to protect the border (LOL) leakers tell NY Times. This sounds too ridiculous to be true but, hey, I'm rolling with it.

EF07-mYWwAE1UaF?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/01/u...rder-wars.html

Comment

• Volker was the easier guy to let go, said one former State Department official. But just because it is an easy choice doesnt mean it is the right choice.

Comment

• Tomorrow could mean a lot to Pompeo's future. Honestly, Bolton or Bolton allies could be feeding negative stuff to the press about him right now. If the State Dept IG had Pompeo's blessing to go to Congress, then things might be reasonably ok. If not, I can't imagine that's a good thing for Pompeo. Rudy will throw him under the bus in a heartbeat, Bolton is his enemy, and Trump won't think twice to sacrifice him to save his own skin.

Pelosi and Schiff have announced a press conference tomorrow, btw, between 10:30 and 11:00 I think. Before the State Dept. IG meets with Congress.

Comment

• tweets: "As I learn more and more each day, I am coming to the conclusion that what is takingplace is not an impeachment, it is a COUP."

Golly, why didn't we see that? Somebody needs to arrest the main beneficiary of this dastardly Democratic 'coup' - Mike Pence.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• Here's the pregnant question: If the Senate convicts, will Trump actually pack his bags and leave the WH?
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                  Here's the pregnant question: If the Senate convicts, will Trump actually pack his bags and leave the WH?
                  Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 2, 2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Dude, if he wins in 2020....
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Dude, if he wins in 2020....

Comment

• How many OpEds about "unchartered territory" and "breaking all norms" can the media write? Well, if that shitshow comes to pass, we'll find out.

I find myself replaying the Falcons-Patriots Super Bowl. I had no affinity for the Falcons. In fact, I don't like them at all. But, for the love of fuck, beating New England was (and is) imperative. At no point did I feel like the Falcons braintrust had that in the bag. Even when they had it in the bag. Watching that slow motion self-immolation was horrific and thoroughly maddening.

What I'm saying is that the Ds better not Dan Quinn themselves. And I say this knowing that I'll have to endure the horrors of Elizabeth Warren for 4 years, a person with policies that I disagree with on nearly every level.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If Warren wins the Democrats are never losing power again.

Comment

• my point is this whole whistleblower sideshow is going to do more harm to biden then anyone

do you really think trump has finally get his "this is it" moment because he had a conversation with a newly elected president of Ukraine--read the transcroipt. talked for 10 minutes before cporruption came up and he said look at biden. so what--ever since he announced he was running there has been a concetrted effort for trump to be looked at internationally begging and hoping you'd find something. last time I checked Nada----again

unsurprisingly the prosecuter from the Ukraine says he was in the middle of investigating biden when he got canned. biden was stupid to spout off his quidproquo moment for all the world to see.

and I don't care how much politicans kids benefit from being born with a silver spoon in their mouth--1 billion dollars from china isn't gonna sit to well with anyone

and what the hell is an impeachment inquiry? just an occasion that the dems can spouit off anything they want without being challenged or anyone from the republican side allowed to bring exculpatory witnesses? They actually do the formal impeachment and they are going to look like fools. we have treaties with the ulkraine/Australia/Italy that allow trump as the chief of executive branch to discuss with thos other executives from other countries crimes/corruption leaders from our country may have done in other countries

for foks sake the dems spent 3 years doing the same friggin thing with the bought and paid for dossier and using that as a means to launch a counterintelligence probe with every branc of the intelligence community in on it.

this whole thing is a joke
                            Last edited by crashcourse; October 2, 2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• To Hannibal's point I think the opposite. If Warren wins, she'll be like Trump, a one term president. Followed by consecutive GOP wins.

If there were no impeachment jazz going on, Trump would lose handily, having proven he is an unfit buffoonish failure. If Warren wins, the economy will tank (market overreactions coupled with normal downward business cycle) and she gets the boot. Americans have notoriously short memories - despite the amoral, unethical, and anti-American stigma of Trump, the GOP bounces back. It's in the long term interest of the GOP if Warren or Sanders wins in 2020.

If Trump, God forbid, wins reelection, the backlash will last a generation. It's never good when one party controls the Oval Office and both Houses of Congress.
                              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• completely agree with the last sentence. thank god for midterms

Comment

Working...
                                X