X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Lot of China stuff today........
      Well, yes. There are things going on I guess you could say. Dr. Strangewoke and the WAPO would have us believe that, as is their usual MO, the Trump administration is in a state of complete disarray with too many trade negotiations going on that his staff is unable to keep up with them all .....phooey.

Who knows, maybe it is maybe it isn't but I tire of that unsubstantiated line without a scintilla of objective data or well supported observational data to support that pronouncement. Whatever.

On Trade: The Trump administration, along with the previous Obama Administration has pursued a tough stance against an ineffective WTO dispute resolution arm. Specifically,........

President Donald Trump’s assault on the World Trade Organization—and the global system of rules that guide international businesses—may be quietly scoring a major victory.

This link provides some background although it is clear the WAPO .....and Strangewoke aren't paying attention to this important developing story which, IMO, tends to put all the alleged "disarray" over too many trade deals into perspective wherein it is possible to assess whether that allegation holds water or it doesn't. Let me be clear. It doesn't. There is a big picture, an over arching trade strategy here that makes sense for the US. I continue to support it. https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...zation-1623192

On Hong Kong: What's happening there is a big deal, then again it isn't because (1) It's symbolic and (2) the US can't really do shit if the Chicoms simply absorb Hong Kong under the authority of the Party administration. The US will publicly fume about democracy and human rights for a few days then the whole thing will get lost in the news cycle. We aren't going to war, and neither are the Brits that have their own set of problems with Boris at the helm, over Hong Kong. Breath in and out slowly.

On NK: Frankly, this has been theater of the absurd since it started. You have a little fat fuck in a drab commie Mao suit strutting around, killing his opponents, starving his people and otherwise seeking the world's attention that he does not deserve. Ignore the little shit. That includes you, Donald. I have not and do not now support a policy of rapprochement with that regime. There is little hope for any kind of denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula in the short term and a stand-off is fine until that regime, in the long term, collapses under it's own woes as a Communist state, like they always do, exacerbated by the word's economic sanctions. Sure, China may step in to prop up that puppet state but if it wants acceptance by the world's global economy it won't step in very strongly and is probably more than willing to let Kim, and his hoodlums that run that shit-hole, die horrible deaths as China installs leadership more akin to it's own long term, strategic objectives. Sit back and grab some pop corn.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The ratcheting pressure will continue by China, NK and Iran. The US is too big and bad to take on directly, so it will be death by a thousand cuts for Trump. Each country will push the boundary with incremental actions. As the US reacts and turns focus to one country, another will push its limits forward. The US shifts attention to the new "outrage" and the 3rd will follow suit of the other two. So the cycle will continue. The US stretches thinner and thinner as President Incompetent (to paraphrase Hanni, a crazy guy with nonsensical anti-American policies) reacts tactically as the evil troika plays him strategically. Russia will continue to meddle in our election with Trump's tacit approval but will be distracted as the media will keep Dem investigations in the forefront.

The troika + R's worst case scenario is that Trump continues to flail impotently on the foreign stage. Their regional and global influence increases and US continues to see its influence contract. Perhaps Trump will crack under pressure and retreat to Fortress America. If the stock market tanks and/or Iran or NK escalates to military conflict, things get much worse overnight.

This is the risk we face because the United States is leaderless. Bad enough we don't have a President, there are no adults in the room, only yes men.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Quick aside -- 4 House Republicans have announced they're retiring in the past two weeks.

Paul Mitchell (MI-10)
          Martha Roby (AL-2)
          Pete Olson (TX-22)
          Mike Conaway (TX-11)

MIke Conaway announced this tonight, and he's biggest name of the bunch. May recall he led the House Intel Russia Investigation for a while when Nunes recused. Most of them are in safe Republican seats but Olsen's suburban Houston seat is a serious opportunity for a Dem pickup.

The GOP is bracing for another wave of retirements that might end up rivaling what we saw leading up to the 2018 midterms. Some no doubt tired of the new atmosphere in DC. But a big majority of House Republicans have only been around since 2011 or after and this is the first time in their careers they're dealing with being the minority party. And they're finding out --it sucks

Comment

• The Washington Post puts forward that disarray narrative because the senior white house advisers are telling the Washington Post that. Your conttinual bitcth is with the ones in disarray and not the media. Of course being a huge Trump guy you can't acknowledge it.

Comment

• China is correct to wait out PDJT. There's no doubt that the tariffs are putting a big-time hurt on them, but they can survive until 2020 and we elect a fellow Communist.

Speaking of which, I happened to luck into catching 8 decent minutes of the debate last night. Some people really pushing the "sensible" narrative and others slamming them pushing the communist narrative. Unfortunately the former are collectively polling at about 1% and the latter are close to 40%. So, yeah.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• This is particularly hilarious given that Snopes actually fact-checked a Babylon Bee article: https://babylonbee.com/news/snopes-i...ocratic-debate

Well done.

Comment

• The prominent "fact checker" sites are all Left Wing controlled.

Comment

• Yeah, no doubt. When Snopes fact checks an Onion article maybe I'll change my mind. But, lol -- fact-checking the Babylon Bee mocking that dumb, lying-ass false victim Communist Georgia rep was hilariously revealing.

Comment

• Snopes fact-checking is now like this:

Did Bernie Sanders say Baltimore was like a Third World country? Yes. [Insert long-winded explanation as to why it was ok for him to say replete with opining.]

DId Obama use the Betsy Ross flag at his inauguration? Well, yes [but, -- insert "times have changed!" opining]

Fact-checking seems like it ought to be free of opinion, but it's obviously not. Snopes is part of the media industrial complex working so hard to get us all to embrace Communism.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        The Washington Post puts forward that disarray narrative because the senior white house advisers are telling the Washington Post that. Your conttinual bitcth is with the ones in disarray and not the media. Of course being a huge Trump guy you can't acknowledge it.
                        First, I'm not a "huge Trump supporter," I am a supporter of his administration's policies favorable to the US and in the past have marginally denigrated assaults on the executive as having the potential to weaken that position when working to advance policies I agree with nationally and negotiating with foreign governments internationally.

Second, the media is rife with stories that use the terms "senior white house advisers" adding who do not want to be named as substantiating any of their stories about confusion and disarray inside the WH.. I wondered who these people are and found this:

Can you specify, among those mentioned in the link above, who is telling the post about this disarray you and the WAPO speak of?

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I am a supporter of his administration's policies favorable to the US
                          Classic center-right mistake. THERE ARE NO PDJT POLICES THAT ARE FAVORABLE TO THE US! You've revealed yourself as a bootlicking Trumpite. Dye your hair orange and get it over with already. Embrace the Squad and communism or forever be known as a racist.

Comment

• Based on the charges filed, this guy must be one of those lefty illegal immigrants.

Leslie McCrae Dowless is accused of leading a scheme to illegally collect, sign and mail in absentee ballots. An investigation into allegations of fraud overturned a 2018 congressional race.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X