Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

And hack... You're right. I did step over a line in this discussion... I guess I'm a little sensitive to the fragility of life right now and the thought of celebrating death doesn't sit well.

I do think it is poor form, but that doesn't make you poor people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by entropy; February 15, 2016, 01:01 AM.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Fair enough, and likewise back to you. Understood...

Comment

• In this a case a person before the court arranged a paid vacation for a judge
        You can repeat this over and over and over again, but it doesn't make it true. It makes you a liar, though. It it crystallizes your politics for me. So, in the end, that's good.

My comparison to Kagan is not a false equivalence. Both Justices engaged in activity that they should have arguably recused themselves from. You knew nothing about it because well, your politics.

My comparison to Ginsburg/Obama was absolutely appropriate because the heart of the motion for recusal was a personal relationship exercising undue influence. It was about "fraternizing" with a named party while a case was pending. It was NOT about a "paid vacation" because that is an outright lie. Having a friendship with a person doesn't demand recusal in the least. Scalia's view was that his friendship with Cheney was the same whether he went duck hunting or not. I think that's obviously true.

But it's clear to me you can't speak to Scalia or, in particular, Cheney with any sort of clear-mindedness.
        Last edited by iam416; February 15, 2016, 07:56 AM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I suspect maybe not. ``Small group of men breaks long-held political taboos whilst at the same time some of them make millions'' doesn't trigger it. ``Thousands of scientists manage to keep to a conspiracy despite there being nominal opportunities for self-enrichment'' does. Call me cynical here, but the application of this supposed cynicism of yours is so incredibly selective that it's hard to understand.
          Now, THAT is a false equivalence. But it's secondary to the absolute lies. Sorry, man. If you can't be honest then I have zero interest in discussing anything with you. See ya on the hoops thread, I guess.

Comment

• Don't blame the lawyers for a lack of basic logic that I learned in High School, you learned in College, and our kids won't learn at all. It is simply common sense to me that anyone cannot assert a positive statement like "Scalia is corrupt" and then point to another and say, "now prove that wrong". The burden of proof is on the party making the assertion
            Correct. What's more his premise is based on an absolute lie. So, eh....really bad.
            Last edited by iam416; February 15, 2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Incorrect. The lot of them. These situations are not the same. I agree we're done here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Trump bashing the Bushes over Iraq is very interesting...an overwhelming majority of Americans view Iraq as a mistake, even among Republicans. Not sure they will go along with "Bush lied us into the war" though.
                It's there if they care to investigate.

The Downing Street Memo... Bush wants to remove Saddam Hussein, through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Wow, just peeked in, should you be attaching the day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind?

Mouths to feed, futures to secure! Languishing in the doldrums?

If you guys were on my payroll, you'd be fired.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Entropy I sincerely apologize for offending your sense of the sanctity of all life. I want to amend my previous post. Yesterday was THE SECOND BEST DAY FOR AMERICA as Scalia died on Saturday! (thus making today the third best day!)

Comment

• Heh

Comment

• And so it begins:

Expect a "Scalia Commission Report" in about ten years dealing with the conspiracies surrounding his death.

Comment

• Good lord.

Comment

• I'll start it.....

OBAMA AND THE DNC HAD HIM KILLED AND NOW THE COVER UP BEGINS! !!!!
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ?He?ll do anything if you take him hunting,? Lanier recalled O?Connor saying.

Comment

• That should do it. ...
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X