Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

SPOILERHarrenhal was fucked up from dragon fire from several hundred years before, melted and toppled stone castle
    SPOILERTrue, but people also hide behind a pile of rubble and escape direct dragon fire, as well. In earlier episodes they were chained and kept in a castle hold. Even in last night's episode, sometimes the fire went through the stone or toppled it and sometimes it did not.
    Last edited by AlabamAlum; May 13, 2019, 09:07 AM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I won't argue that there aren't inconsistencies.

Comment

• Besides the news that indicates there's going to be a few dust-ups between various parties not readily identifiable as Iranians and increased potential for a hot naval forces on naval forces engagement in the Persian Gulf/Straits of Hormuz and that China/US trade negotiations are at an impasse and the global markets are reacting - the potential for a black swan event if there ever was one - Doris Day passed away at 97 today.

Talented, well loved and beautiful woman in her prime and beyond that, she looked good well into her 90s. The last picture of her I could find was at her 95th Birthday ...... looks like the sweet grandma of your dreams. Couldn't upload the photo so here's the link.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, hated to hear sbout her death.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Best article I've seen that cuts through the bull-shit and talks nuts and bolts.

My reading is that the disagreements go well beyond the codification issues. The US is asking China to increase it's purchase of US goods (to close the trade deficit) beyond which the US is capable of producing and which the Chinese economy can tolerate without major disruptions among it's current trading partners.

The article does talk about the reality that China needs USDs to finance international projects (The One Belt and One Road Initiative). So, there is that.

I don't think we are going to see an agreement anytime soon or the Chinese blinking to the extent that they are willing to offer the kinds of major trade concessions that the US was seeking. It also appears that there might have been some agreement between the two sides as late as middle of last week but what ever happened (and there are various interpretations of what did happen) has definitely hardened the Chinese side.

Given that the Chinese are patient and quite types and that Trump can be mercurial and very inappropriately public in his style does not bode well for the global economy hoping that a trade agreement was going to happen. Good chance it won't and the Chinese are perfectly willing to sit on it.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• One of the major issues in the negotiations is China backtracking on codifying the agreement into Chinese law. The Chinese changed their stance and want the terms of the agreement and the sanctions for failure to abide to be implemented through directives coming from the Central Committee. Instead of legislating the treaty into law, the Chinese want their obligations enforced by fiat, not the full force of law. Kinda like Chump and his phony national emergency and his executive orders. Chump has demonstrated that it doesn't matter what the citizens want, its all about whim of the moment. The Chinese want to (continue to) play that game.

Agree with you Jeff, China will wait. The 25% tariffs only penalize American companies. I look at my company as an example. It costs less to buy a finished product and have it shipped to the US from China than the raw materials alone cost if bought in Europe or US. Even with a 25% surcharge, it's STILL cheaper to buy the finished product from China. My company's profit margin shrinks but we're still making money and increasing market share. The US needs to find something to leverage China with because US damaging tariffs inflicted by Very Stable Genius isn't cutting it.

In other news, Bill Nye The Science Guy has his feathers ruffled.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.†- Groucho Marx

Comment

• Round 1 in the Battle for Trump's taxes could be over tomorrow. Trump sued to prevent Mazars USA from complying with the congressional subpoena. The Judge is expected to issue a ruling immediately following a hearing tomorrow, in a move that's moving this lawsuit along much faster than the Trump people probably wanted. To that end, they objected this morning in an attempt to block the judge from issuing a ruling so fast. The motion was denied but the Judge says he'll listen to their arguments tomorrow.

This is all likely a sign that the Judge isn't very impressed with the Trump team's legal arguments. This is the case where Trump lawyers cited a Supreme Court decision from 1880 to assert that Congress has virtually no powers of investigation. If that wasn't ridiculous enough, that decision was itself overturned by the highly-conservative Taft Court in 1927.

Obviously Trump will appeal. But his lawyers have to be disappointed that this lawsuit is moving quickly, since it serves no purpose other than as a delay tactic.

Comment

• Reading tonight that a number of Senate Republicans are urging Donnie Jr. to show up and take the 5th on questions before the Intel Committee. That'll look bad, but if he flat out refuses to show, it's more likely than not that there will be a vote to enforce the subpoena held on the Senate floor, or even a vote for contempt. And people are telling Donnie Jr. he will lose that vote.

Comment

• Barr appointed a US attorney John Durham to investigate the origins of the Russia Hoax and determine if there was unlawful intelligence gathering
                    Last edited by Kapture1; May 13, 2019, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• j8wp7zeyd3y21.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                        One of the major issues in the negotiations is China backtracking on codifying the agreement into Chinese law. The Chinese changed their stance and want the terms of the agreement and the sanctions for failure to abide to be implemented through directives coming from the Central Committee. Instead of legislating the treaty into law, the Chinese want their obligations enforced by fiat, not the full force of law. Kinda like Chump and his phony national emergency and his executive orders. Chump has demonstrated that it doesn't matter what the citizens want, its all about whim of the moment. The Chinese want to (continue to) play that game.

Agree with you Jeff, China will wait. The 25% tariffs only penalize American companies. I look at my company as an example. It costs less to buy a finished product and have it shipped to the US from China than the raw materials alone cost if bought in Europe or US. Even with a 25% surcharge, it's STILL cheaper to buy the finished product from China. My company's profit margin shrinks but we're still making money and increasing market share. The US needs to find something to leverage China with because US damaging tariffs inflicted by Very Stable Genius isn't cutting it.

In other news, Bill Nye The Science Guy has his feathers ruffled.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/13/enter...deo/index.html
                        Your company sucks and dealing with China in any manner, even as a pee on desk jockey for a dollar means you suck too.

Find some GD integrity in being an American!

#DeathToChina

http://www.detroitlionsforum.com/for...45#post1637645
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• The U.S. attorney appointed to examine the origins of the Russia investigation has been working on his review “for weeks,” a person familiar with the process told Fox News on Tuesday.

Comment

• Tim Conway? Nooooooooo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Your company sucks and dealing with China in any manner, even as a pee on desk jockey for a dollar means you suck too.

Tell you what Pantywaist, lets just watch what plays out and see who's right.

And the term is peon not pee on. Did you flunk out of public school or did you just quit? I know, I know, 9th grade was the best 4 years of your life.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.†- Groucho Marx

Comment

• pulp fiction GIF

haha, Pee On

Comment

Working...
                                X