No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not putting down the GR area. I like it over there. We've seen a lot of our local young people leave Michigan to go south or west, but I don't think that's necessary in all cases. West Michigan offers a lot of opportunities.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm not as familiar with the GR area, but I spent several weekends in the Onekama and platter river areas.

That said, many people told me GR is a great town.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Any predictions for NH?

I think Trump continues to slide, Kasich will drop out after today, Rubio loses ground to Christie and Bush for establishment candidate front runner status. Trump eaks out a close one over Rubio and Cruz but overall the race tightens.
        Last edited by Mike; February 9, 2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• That sounds like a pretty fair prediction Mike. I'm continuing to hope that people will see through Donald Trump and show him the door soon. Hopefully, no later than Super Tuesday.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No way Trump will win this one fairly easily.

Comment

• Trump is going to run away with NH.

Comment

• The polls indicate he has a YUUUUUGE lead but I think his poll numbers are bolstered by a lot of people who are simply venting their frustrations. I'm not sold on that carrying over to the ballot box.

Comment

• The polls may not include the crossover Dems. Trump is going to get lots of them.

Trump has a huge lead almost everywhere at this point. I just saw a Michigan poll that has him up 20% on the nearest competitor. He's leading by a similar margin in Florida, where Jeb and Rubio wouldn't even beat him if they combined their votes together.

Comment

• We'll see. I'm actually kind of hoping he wins just for the entertainment value and to see the party leadership eat a big bowl of dicks.

Comment

• Right now the Republican hope on stopping him rests mainly on his stubbornness to spend any money on any sort of get out the vote operation.

I'm not sure on him getting any crossover Democrats, they will be voting for Clinton or Sanders. That has been an issue in the past when the rival party has had not had a race, like McCain in 2000.

Comment

• I doubt Christie and Kasich drop, they helped themselves at the debate and Rubio was damaged. It remains to be seen if the damage was crippling or a speed bump.
                        Last edited by froot loops; February 9, 2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• The polls indicate he has a YUUUUUGE lead but I think his poll numbers are bolstered by a lot of people who are simply venting their frustrations. I'm not sold on that carrying over to the ballot box.
                          I agree. Polls are a nice way of expressing dissatisfaction. I think this is also happening on the Democrat side. A portion of the Sanders vote is from young people who want their debts cancelled and other free shit.

Tonight, most expect Trump and Sanders to win, but the media will say that Hillary won and so did the governor with the most votes unless Bush cracks 10% in which case he will be declared to be the big winner. The media sets the "expectations" and whoever beats those "expectations" is a winner.

Comment

• It's going to take some kind of massive shakeup for Trump to not win the nomination.

Comment

• Trump, I think, still has a long way to go. He wins comfortably tonight, as does Sanders.

But he still has a lot of work to do and I still think Rs aren't sold on him as a viable candidate.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Their problem is they don't really have another viable candidate. One of these guys may end up consolidating support but by then it may be too late. I just don't see Cruz and Rubio as Presidential material but they are ahead of the three governors. Rubio has been compared to Obama but I see him as a John Edwards type. Nobody likes Cruz except true believers. Bush spent a decade insisting he wasn't going to run and his campaign has so far looked like he was genuine for that decade, he is either rusty or time has past him by.
                                Last edited by froot loops; February 9, 2016, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X