Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• The thing about Queen is how unique they are. Freddie Mercury is more of a flamboyant, performance artist who had a powerful rock voice when he choose to unleash it. And he's juxtaposed into this rock band. Where normally, (by himself) he could have become sort of a novelty act (because the world wouldn't have known what to do with his flamboyance)....But the band amp'd everything up several decibels. And, they gave him credibility--and a chance to reach people and be heard. And once you take those amazing and unique riffs from May....and pair it with the energy and power of Mercury's voice.....mix in some creative song writing and power anthems.....you get a perfect storm called Queen. They never pretended to rival The Stones....The Beatles, etc. They were simply true to themselves. Besides.....when you hear Brian May crush those distorted, crunchy riffs on that homemade guitar of his, there really is nothing else quite like it on the planet....to this day.

Indeed, Queen alone demands attention and warrant interests, and that surely kept me in my seat. But I felt I was just waiting for the final climax at Live Aid throughout the whole experience. I kept thinking this was really poorly executed and told in an unnecessarily bland way. Cliched buildup and inaccuracies in the lore, more than one scene was word for word Oliver Stones 'The Doors' just to fill the form of how a biopic is usually put together.

Malek's he definitely seemed quite small compared to real Freddie and his bug eyes kept me from ever really being able to suspend disbelief in him being Freddie... He's no Val Kilmer. Only distant shots where he was strutting were ever believable.

When they went on their first tour they were automatically singing "Killer Queen", which didn't come until their 3rd album. I'm not sure if that was because they didn't go on their first US tour until their 3rd album or if we were supposed to be accepting that they wrote that song 10min after Freddie joined the band. And then they performed songs such as "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" and "Fat Bottomed Girls" before they wrote "We Will Rock You". He had also already cut his hair before recording "We Will Rock You" in the movie which is incorrect. We will Rock You was 1977

Mercury may have been infected, but he didn't know he was sick until 1987, Live Aide was 85. And this was the climax of the ending.
      I don't know why that bothered me so much, but it did. I'm guessing 90% of this movie's audience didn't know the difference.

I give this movie a 6.5 (scale of 1-10 )

Comment

• Incorrect. We are shitting on Talent.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Of course, all of the older Cool Kids were riding these.

paramount.jpg
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Correct.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Barr likely to announce the completion of the Mueller investigation as early as next week.

Comment

• Nobody wants to see you smuggling grapes.

Comment

• Talent and his bike
                  Attached Files
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Never could trust those damn officers...
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I see irony is back in fashion.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/asia/...ntl/index.html

And the Supremes got it right. Hopefully the reining in of the forfeiture laws.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-fines/constitutions-excessive-fines-ban-bolstered-by-u-s-high-court-idUSKCN1Q91Z0
                      Last edited by Ghengis Jon; February 20, 2019, 07:10 PM.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The son of Republican candidate Mark Harris (currently an assistant US Attorney) testified today against his own father that he repeatedly warned him about a political operative at the center of a election fraud investigation in the NC_9 district.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...fdc_story.html

Comment

• WAPO is gonna get bent over for maliciously slandering a bunch of kids.

Comment

• Jussie Smollett indicted by grand jury

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Coast Guard Lieutenant had a secret life as a white nationalist, terrorist, likely Kris Kristofferson fan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.f61aca66ebec
                              Lol, he was googling "civil war if trump is impeached ". Clowns.

Comment

Working...
                              X