No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bombshell drops. The Rams are moving back to LA. San Diego will join them if they can reach a stadium deal...if not, Oakland gets second dibs.

Comment

• And here's how you call bullshit on a lying sports commissioner who demands the public build his empire a new palace

Comment

• Yeah, because what he Rams need to be successful is a new (publiclly funded) stadium in a new (Again) city, not competent ownership.

This stuff pisses me off. We cannot afford healthcare, road maintenance or to pay teachers a decent wage, but a billion dollars to house a shit-ass pro football team? Hell yeah brah!

Comment

• $1.7 billion on a football stadium. Supposedly it will be privately financed. I'll believe it when I see it.

The Rams were demanding $700 Million in renovations from St. Louis, with a promise to only stay in town 10 years. All paid for by taxpayers.

This shit has to stop eventually, right?

Comment

• Angry militia in Oregon keeps getting unwanted fanmail

Comment

• Yeah, this stadium is not publicly funded. If you want to whine, bitch about the trillions we spend on defense when we don't need to.

Comment

• Most of the NFL owners are like little children.

Jerry Jones comes along and builds a 1.2 billion dollar structure to appease his ego, and then the rest of the owners start babbling "Me too!! Me too!!" ..

I don't think there's anything that can stop the owners. If our joke of a government in Washington starts grumbling about it, all the owners have to do is pay for a few key re-election campaigns, and all the griping goes away.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                  Yeah, this stadium is not publicly funded. If you want to whine, bitch about the trillions we spend on defense when we don't need to.
                  I do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    $1.7 billion on a football stadium. Supposedly it will be privately financed. I'll believe it when I see it.

The Rams were demanding $700 Million in renovations from St. Louis, with a promise to only stay in town 10 years. All paid for by taxpayers.

This shit has to stop eventually, right?
                    One can hope, although I find this phenomena to be similar to the "arena craze", which a graft-fueled industry that no politicians are willing to call out.

Well, few of them. The new mayor of my hometown is one, since said hometown is staring bankruptcy right in the face because they previous dipshit and City Council were convinced/paid to build an arena. Now every man, woman and child in the city is on the hook for $30,000 of borrowed funds for a facility that cannot pay its own maintenance, despite a sales pitch of wealth raining from the sky.

Comment

• Is your hometown Phoenix?

Kudos to St. Louis and San Diego for taking a stand against extorsion.
                      Last edited by Mike; January 13, 2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Suburb of Omaha. They built a little 4,000 or so seat arena, apparently with the assumption of making a killing off of aging hairbands, arena football and dogshows.

Comment

• Oh. Did they forget there are venues in Omaha?

Comment

• Not so much forgot probably as discounted, brushed aside, bribed past considering.

Comment

• The increased income tax revenue from part time concession stand workers will help pay it off in no time. And by "no time" I mean never.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                                I do!

Comment

Working...
                                X