Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Talent... Depending upon the timeframe of your discussion... Sewers would be on some more historic list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Hack said:

You can't let elected reps grow roots in their seats, but maybe the same goes for the bureaucrats too. And the journalists, and the lobbyists, and everyone else in DC. Broom the whole lot out every ten years. Every single person. Of course this is not realistic. So you have to have elected reps who just aren't going to sink to unprecedented lows. Ultimately you have to have ethical people.
      Absolutely. I believe it would be realistic to move the seat of government every 15 years or so. That would at least do away with the entrenched DC crowd. Washington could still be the "Traditional" capital, but the politicians would be sent to the seat of government (like Brasil did with Rio and Brasilia). This would require an Amendment to the Constitution I believe.

Another way would be for voters to make it in the Congressmen's best interest to be ethical. If you believe that politicians will look after their own best interest, and I do, then institute policies that make it in their best interest to actually be ethical. For example, eliminate their ability to purchase stock since it can be assumed they have inside information. How do they leave office as millionaires whey their salary is something like $ 170,000? Another would be to strictly enforce FOIA and treat even minor violations as felonies. Another would be to only allow net TAX PAYERS to vote. That would make buying votes not in their best interest.

So, New capital is OKC. And the entire DC staff of the State Department goes to jail. See how easy!
      Last edited by Da Geezer; January 9, 2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• LOL. Well we do have laws against shareholdings. Dick Cheney basically ignored them and dared the justice system to do something about it.

Comment

• Off Topic: "My group is looking for a couple of engineers (mech or elec). Should have some experience in the automotive or heavy vehicle industry. Location is Troy Michigan. If you or someone you know fits the bill, please send me a PM."

Jon, I sent you a message.

Comment

• Goodell describes bribes as 'inadequate'; St. Louis, Oakland, and San Diego need to throw a whole lot more free money at the NFL if they hope to retain their teams

Roger Goodell's report sent to teams called stadium proposals in San Diego, Oakland and St. Louis "unsatisfactory" and "inadequate."

Comment

• Briefly suffered some NFL exposure last night. Granted it's a pleasure to see the game played at its highest level and also not in its track-meet version that it sometimes is because of necessary rules changes, but pretty much everything about the NFL has reached it's logical and unhealthy extreme. Not just the headhunting, but so much of the behavior. This can't go on like this.

Comment

• It was a real joy to watch the Bungles implode like they did. One of the most exciting finishes to an NFL playoff game I can remember.

Comment

• Maybe I'm just getting old... But the NFL doesn't interest me like it did 10 yrs ago. I don't find the games as interesting or compelling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Me too. But in small doses the skill level is really something.

Comment

• Minnesota's kicker just missed a 27 yarder to win the game. OUCH.

Comment

• Dear Minnesota Viking fans: ... we know ...
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• [youtube]KR03vXUFpWM[/youtube]

Comment

• LACES OUT, DAN!!

Comment

• When Walsh missed I texted my friend the Vikings' fan. I told him it was Lionesque.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The Bengals game was even more Lionsesque. All 4 road teams won this weekend. That has never happened before.

Comment

Working...
                                X