Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    ......... I'm not sure we're watching the same game, Jeff.
    We are. We just see events within it differently or draw different conclusions about the meaning of said events. Perfectly fine.

talent needs no defending. What needs defending is his right in here to post his view of events unfolding before us in the BK spectacle. That he does it as a swordsman skillfully wielding a rapier deserves an appropriate parry not a bunch of whining.

At the very least, you especially, should understand this.

Take the hurt-bag off.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• More MI-8 commentary from some of the poll experts

Comment

• Maybe, it would have been bad to shove it through as quick as possible, this gives everyone a time to cool down. At some point there needs to be some sort of truce.
        A couple things. Obvious reference to expediency being not particularly high on one party's list. But, more importantly, there's no truce on this. I can't see it. As much as folks clamored for an FBI investigation, that's not actually what they want. They want delay. The investigation is a pretense. There is nothing they uncover that is going to change the vote of a single D. At least that's my opinion. I could be wrong. I've been wrong on numerous occasions.

So, this window-dressing is pretty much just that. The people screeching for an investigation won't change their mind. They'll say it was too short (after numerous Ds said we could do it in a few days; how a week stay for an investigation; 4 or 5 days, that's all -- no delay). That's my prediction. If I'm wrong I'll eat those words. The people who thought the investigation would be a joke will say, AHA! Look at the Investigation! And none of the fundamental facts will have changed.

At the end of the day there will still be a thousand mile gap. And what's worse is I that these things aren't going to dial back down. The next big showdown will somehow be worse. I can't imagine it, but that's the way it goes. Until the terrorists bomb the shit out of us and we all unite for 18 months.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, man. That's the YUUUUUGE risk when you draw 55/45 districts instead of 80/20.

Comment

• DoB23APXUAEEX0d.jpg:small.jpg

Comment

• Cuomo: What the hell is Graham angry about?

Comment

• BTW, Buchanan, I appreciate the words, but I really don't need a defense, nor do I think it serves any positive purpose.

I'll say this about hack -- he's smart -- way smarter than I am. He can be really insightful and he's rarely not thought on an issue. He can also be funny, though not Mark Linn-Baker funny. On the negative, I think he's about as self-righteous a poster persona as I've encountered. Such is life. But, on the whole, a quality poster. The problem is that on macro ideological issues we are so fundamentally far apart that there is literally no point of discussion. It's only going to be contentious. That's fine by me, but it's a pointless sort of thing. On micro-issues there's lots of opportunity for interesting discussions and that has, in fact, occured. So that's my #hottake. I'm sure no one agrees, but whatever. I'll only say it this one time because analyzing posters is just plain stupid. Fortunately, this won't be my only stupid post of the day.
                Last edited by iam416; September 28, 2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• NSFW

Comment

• LOL

Comment

• Heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

We are. We just see events within it differently or draw different conclusions about the meaning of said events. Perfectly fine.

talent needs no defending. What needs defending is his right in here to post his view of events unfolding before us in the BK spectacle. That he does it as a swordsman skillfully wielding a rapier deserves an appropriate parry not a bunch of whining.

At the very least, you especially, should understand this.

Take the hurt-bag off.
                        Jesus Christ, Jeff. Except that he's wrong a good amount of the time, and an extraordinarily bad sport about it. Not everyone is swayed as you are by the loud noises.

Nobody said talent shouldn't be here. It's boring without him, of course. He's actually likeable when not chippy. But it would be nice if, like the rest of us, he managed to do what he does civilly. If not, well, it's normal that a guy like that is going to get it thrown back in his face now and again. He's provided a lot of material that can be quoted for the purpose of pointing and laughing. (Unless he's gone back and deleted many posts, which frankly wouldn't surprise me.)

Comment

• talent ...... I'm not here to defend you fuckwad. I'm here to defend what you say and, most of the time, how you say it.

That is all.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Heh. Well done, Buchanan.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              ........well, it's normal that a guy like that is going to get it thrown back in his face now and again. He's provided a lot of material that can be quoted for the purpose of pointing and laughing............
                              Hack, throw away ...... that's part of the entertainment here.

Comment

• Correct

Comment

Working...
                                X