No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Russkies have lost an SU-24 Fencer to F-16s and a chopper from ground fire in 24 hours. A small ding in their 'we're an invincible world power' propaganda Putin is so fond of. Question is how will they react when radical Islamists from Fuckedupistan start bombing on Russian soil. Will Putin commit ground forces or just stand there impotently and take it?
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hard to imagine a response other than roid rage.

Comment

• Erdogan and Putin are both demonstrated liars so I'm not sure who's closer to the truth.

The area of Syria where this took place has no ISIS strongholds. Putin hasn't been bombing ISIS; he's been bombing all enemies of Assad, with a primary focus on the non-ISIS rebels. In this case this plane was probably attacking Turkmen rebels who Turkey is especially protective of. It's very well possible that Turkey is lying, OTOH, that the plane entered their airspace.

Comment

• Erdogan can close the Dardanelles if we wants. Would Russia regard that as an act of war? Dunno

Putin needs to fume and denounce western weakness on tv a lot. Needs to keep up the I AM STRONG RUSSIAN MAN OF STEEL image

Comment

• I kinda don't really care. Both of these actors are fuelling and benefitting from the chaos. It would be great if they aimed their sights at each other rather than others.

Comment

• It would definitely be an act of war. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montre...of_the_Straits

Comment

• NATO will be having an emergency meeting within the next hour I think. Turkey's security council and Erdogan have also called an emergency meeting.

Comment

• I'll probably be disappointed but I'm certainly hoping this forces somebody's hand. The US can either back its Nato frenemy that it allows to facilitate ISIS, or it can side with Russia. Fun choice!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    The US can either back its Nato frenemy that it allows to facilitate ISIS, or it can side with Russia. Fun choice!
                    NATO needs to take the lead here and finally step to Turkey for their bullshit. They cannot behave the way that state has been, and be a member of NATO, period.

Choose wisely Turks, because one option has you standing outside the playground alone with Putin.

Comment

• I have calmed down. It's been noted that Turkey gets most of its natural gas from Russia. And Russia probably needs that customer as much as Turkey needs the gas. Fantasies of Putin vs min-Putin, with at least one of them destroyed in the end, are not to be I bet. Unless both of them lead with their tempers.

Agreed, though. The West cannot continue to let Turkey have it both ways.

Comment

• Rather far adrift of the game of Risk that's being played in the Middle East, this is still just fucking fantastic: https://tulane.edu/news/releases/sch...ad-bar-use.cfm
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• completely off topic, but the kind of article that contains as close to fact as I can see about foreign born people in MI

An estimated 636,569 Michigan residents were born outside the United States, about 6.4 percent of the state's population, according to U.S. Census data.

what a stinking mess in the Middle East.

Comment

• Rather far adrift of the game of Risk that's being played in the Middle East, this is still just fucking fantastic:
                              Yup, and this

Comment

• It all starts with those damn baby boomers.... Heh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X