No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not for a few generations. Millennials will be grandparents before there's even a chance.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I beg democrats to make this central in their platform, a full repeal of the second amendment. See how that goes over with the American public.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Also correct and aleady acknowledged by me.
        However, never say never.
        I say never. It will be the 2nd American revolution and we will all be instantly reminded why we the people have the right to keep and bear arms.

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Im willing to die for my country to safeguard liberty forever on this continent. Your side willingly disarmed themselves and cant seem to figure out which bathroom to piss in. No fucking wonder you want the people to hand in their guns, but it will not happen.

Comment

• Lol.

Interesting access point into dog shit, Kapture.

You should lecture CG.... vt.... more on your uncompromising knack for selfless service in the interest of liberty

Comment

• Really? When did you serve, Krapture?
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                    Im willing to die for my country to safeguard liberty forever on this continent. Your side willingly disarmed themselves and cant seem to figure out which bathroom to piss in. No fucking wonder you want the people to hand in their guns, but it will not happen.
                    I just wanted to quote this and make sure our Internet Tough Guy doesn't come back and delete or edit it after he realizes how fucking stupid it makes him look
                    Last edited by CGVT; May 20, 2018, 11:21 PM.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• He must not realize what the CG in your user name stands for lol

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                      AAL- Sam Martin - Because the Punter is one of Detroit's most used assets

Comment

• Or the number of veterans that participate at this forum.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• let's work on finding ways to reduce the number of shootings in public places where there is premeditated intent to inflict as many casualties as possible as guickly as possible with a firearm.
                          Sure. I'm in. But, as CGVT's silly NYT article suggests -- the answer isn't small little "commonsense" changes. It's confiscating guns.

And that means your fundamental problem -- as you recognize -- is a political one. You can't convince even a majority of Americans that is the answer let alone the supermajority needed to repeal the 2nd A. I mean PDJT carried 60% of the states. SIXTY PERCENT. (And part of Maine).

And one of the reasons why is the macro analysis. The shootings you describe are extreme outliers that produce a number of deaths that are statistically insignificant even in just the homicide count. People don't typically cotton to extreme responses to outlier events. Nor should they.
                          Last edited by iam416; May 21, 2018, 07:22 AM.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The genius of the NYT notwithstanding, I tend to think this is the best explanation for school shootings: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...ds-of-violence

It was written in 2015 and, I think, is consistent with today. And it's a horrifyingly pessimistic explanation.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Last edited by Kapture1; May 21, 2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KidD View Post
                                He must not realize what the CG in your user name stands for lol

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                                To make a peice of art on the computer, or to transform a hand drawn peice into computer done one. Computer Graphic(ing)

cum goggles.

Comment

Working...
                                X