• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you Jon for the note on Virtru. Excellent information. Badly needed

Comment

• Lions fired Mayhew and Lewand

Comment

• Now Mrs Ford needs to sell the team.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That's the only thing that will make a real difference.

Comment

• This will make a difference. Lewand was one of the big problems there. It all depends on how the acting ownership proceeeds.

Comment

• I'm not willing to invest any time, effort or feelings in the Lions until the team is sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                I'm not willing to invest any time, effort or feelings in the Lions until the team is sold.
                That is probably wise, the weird thing about this is they are going through a major housecleaning and for the first time since I've been alive there is very credible feelings that the team is for sale. Generally you sell the team and the housecleaning begins.

Comment

• I'd like to see the team relocated to LA.

Comment

• That'd be something. Timing does make sense.

Comment

• Back in the 70's Bo had an assistant coach, Elliott Uzelac. Elliott moved to Kalamazoo from Ann Arbor and coached the WMU Broncos for several years before moving on to coach Navy and number of other spots. He later settled in St. Joseph, Michigan where he coached h.s. FB for several years before retiring 4 years ago.

It so happened Elliott and his wife Wendy were neighbors of ours in Kalamazoo for 7 years and we became good friends. They often joined us to watch Rose Bowl games on New Year's day and Elliott was a fountain of coaching insights while we watched the game along with food and beverages and other friends.

Anyway, we lost track of the Uzelacs after they left Kalamazoo until they recently moved to St. Joseph and Elliott started getting coverage of football coaching success at St. Joseph h.s. He "retired" 4 years ago.

But then he came out of retirement this year and took on the coaching job at Benton Harbor h.s., located in one of the most poverty stricken communities anywhere in the country, and just across the river from affluent (all white) St. Joseph. And what an incredible success that has been! After winning only 4 h.s. games in the past 8 years Benton Harbor has a winning record this year and is in the second round of the state playoffs! Here is the story that appeared in today's Kalamazoo Gazette.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2015/11/benton_harbor_football_wins_en.html#incart_m-rpt-2

Elliott always referred to Bo as one of his greatest mentors.

Comment

• Mrs Ford needs to sell the Lions, period. She's 96 years old, I believe, and she just needs to divest herself of this crapfest and let some people buy the team who want to install a Super Bowl contending organization.

The Ford family, while never contending for the Super Bowl, have been honorable stewards of the team, and have done a lot for the community. Ford Field is part of the rejuvenation of downtown Detroit, and the Ford family, along with the Ilitch family, have done well for the city and environs.

But, its now time for the Fords to let the team go. Find an enthusiastic buyer for the team, and let them get busy setting up a Super Bowl contending organization.

Comment

• There have been a lot of rumors that the team is indeed for sale.

Comment

• Its probably for the best.

I guess Bill Jr is either not being allowed to run the team, or has no interest in running the team. So, for now, as I understand it, Mrs Ford, along with her five daughters, are running the team. Without some savvy football people in the right positions, this team isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• Oh no. What will become of the Lions now that they lack savvy leadership? Haha

Comment

• Keep the Lions where they are. We have a good, young team on the way from St. Louis.

Comment

Working...
                                X