Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Sure, fine. But he'll never be worse than Dick Cheney. We may need to have a truth commission on that one too. Can't have his bust in the capitol and still consider ourselves against corruption.
    well it is just a bust and not a shotgun/rifle.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• If symbols were meaningless we wouldn't have them. I would settle for a scarlet letter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        And here you go. We're reaching a crisis point and he really may try to fire Mueller soon

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...63071361683456
        First time he has been willing to name mueller in a tweet.

Coincides w/ Mueller sending Trump the questions he'd like to have answered.

I think subpoena is the boiling point. Trump won't have guts to do what he thinks needs to do before it's too late

Comment

• McCabe said that he pressured Rosenstein to appoint Mueller. The theroy of that insurance policy Page and Peter Strzok discussed in Andy's office is looking more and more likely.

Comment

• Gowdy to John Dowd: If your client is innocent, start acting like it

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.

EDIT: I should note that Mike Conaway, the Intel Chair with Nunes recused, told tv this morning that just because his Committee found no evidence of collusion, that doesn't mean they proved no collusion took place. He added that there are significant witnesses the Committee never talked to that Mueller has.

This is a significant walk back from the Committee's original announcement and I'd suggest it's a more subtle push back on attacks against Mueller than what Gowdy said. "Don't think you can do anyhting you want now, Mr. President, just because you think we cleared you".
            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 18, 2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Interesting local politics article...the Oklahoma state Senate (one of the most conservative legislatures in the country) has voted to eliminate the state's capital gains deduction. They did a study which found that the tax break (86% of which is given to people who make over $200,000 annually) has cost Oklahoma nearly $500 Million over 5 years while generating a mere $9 Million in extra revenue. As some here might know, Oklahoma's school system is broke and has switched to 4 day weeks in some places.

"As well-intentioned as it may have been, it hasn't been good for our state," said the bill's author, state Sen. Dave Rader, R-Tulsa. "As far as credits, deductions and exemptions go, it hasn't brought in jobs or economic expansion."

http://newsok.com/article/5587260

Comment

• Bet that 9,000,000 revenue goes down as people will leave their money invested.

Comment

Interesting local politics article...the Oklahoma state Senate (one of the most conservative legislatures in the country) has voted to eliminate the state's capital gains deduction. They did a study which found that the tax break (86% of which is given to people who make over $200,000 annually) has cost Oklahoma nearly $500 Million over 5 years while generating a mere $9 Million in extra revenue. As some here might know, Oklahoma's school system is broke and has switched to 4 day weeks in some places.

"As well-intentioned as it may have been, it hasn't been good for our state," said the bill's author, state Sen. Dave Rader, R-Tulsa. "As far as credits, deductions and exemptions go, it hasn't brought in jobs or economic expansion."

http://newsok.com/article/5587260
                    I love how it's stated: "has cost Oklahoma nearly $500 million over 5 years"; as opposed to saying "has saved taxpayers nearly $500 million over 5 years."

Perspective: it's what's for breakfast.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well, at some point you can't keep 'saving taxpayer money' and preserve govt services at the same time. Like I said, in Oklahoma, their schools have been devastated and the 'economic activity' that this tax credit was supposed to generate never materialized. Much in the same way when Kansas dramatically slashed taxes, the Laffer Curve-loving politicians there swore Kansas' economy would boom. It didn't. Now they're scrambling to figure a way out and are raising taxes again.

Obviously we all have a different line where essential govt service becomes govt waste.

Comment

• AP investigation finds that Kushners Companies filed at least 80 applications with NYC that contained false information, leading to quicker property sales. In every single application, Kushner's companies reported having zero rent-controlled tenants, when in facts they had hundreds.

Kushner's family is blaming a subcontractor who handled the forms for them.

NEW YORK (AP) — When the Kushner Cos. bought three apartment buildings in a gentrifying neighborhood of Queens in 2015, most of the tenants were protected by special rules that prevent developers from pushing them out, raising rents and turning a tidy profit.

Also on the Kushner front and overlooked this week, he met with Shinzo Abe (PM of Japan) just days after Trump won the election. Two months later a firm controlled by the Japanese Government invested $100 M in a Kushner property that had been desperately seeking a buyer for over a year. Surely a conincidence. SWAMP DRAINING SO FAST U CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; March 18, 2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Well, at some point you can't keep 'saving taxpayer money' and preserve govt services at the same time. Like I said, in Oklahoma, their schools have been devastated and the 'economic activity' that this tax credit was supposed to generate never materialized. Much in the same way when Kansas dramatically slashed taxes, the Laffer Curve-loving politicians there swore Kansas' economy would boom. It didn't. Now they're scrambling to figure a way out and are raising taxes again.

Obviously we all have a different line where essential govt service becomes govt waste.
                          DSL,

My comment was less about the capital gains taxes and more about the partisan rhetoric of how such things, re: taxes, are couched. I just find it funny.

That said, there are some fundamentally unfair things about cap gains taxes, imo. That discussion is for another day, though, because I have no idea idea how fair or unfair Oklahoma's overall tax structure is, and have no compunction to investigate it while March madness is in play.

You have been served!
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I guess broke Baltimore needs to raise them taxes too

Comment

• Trump made all senior staff sign NDA's which last indefinitely. Unclear if this is even legal or enforceable to require of Federal employees

Comment

• good lord

Comment

Working...
                                X