No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, the Georgia Bulldogs were very scrappy tonight, but Michigan just had too much good pitching for them. Also some very timely hitting aided the Wolverines efforts.

I'm hoping for a Alabama win, so that Michigan won't have to face what will basically be a home-standing Oklahoma team.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Spending the long weekend in Dallas, loading up on boots n' 12 guages, Beretta Gallery Dallas, just because.

Sadly, just visited Dealey Plaza and reenacted the JFK assassination. What a colossal F up! Advertising in the Dallas newspapers the exact Presidential motorcade route several days in advance, 250k+ welcome the President + Oswald! Saw the 1961 Lincoln convertible Limo at Greenfield Village put it pales in comparison to the corner of Elm & Houston, 6th story school book depository setting.

Deeley Plaza, JFK Memorial.

Front door, 6 stories straight up is Oswald with high-powered, bolt-action rifle, the curb and sidewalk are no more than 15 feet from the road. How on earth can you get within 75 feet of the most powerful man in the world with such firepower? You've seen it million times on TV but in real life, it is a bit overwhelming.

Front window of my rental, Presidential Limo would be in the lane to my left.

It started to suddenly rain but if President Kennedy was looking straight ahead, that concrete railway overpass was the last thing he ever saw. Grassy knoll to right.

Damn, I need a triple Whiskey!

Last, went to arbitration, not sure why but the Zapruder estate was paid 16 million by the US Government for its famous last film footage of JFK.

Last edited by Prime2; May 23, 2015, 04:22 PM.
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I was there about 10 years ago. I was surprised at how small the area seemed. I always envisioned a much bigger open area.

Comment

• Everything's smaller in Texas.

Comment

• Maryland v. Denver for the lacrosse title. No title for the vaunted ACC either way

Comment

• Can't wait til it's on Big Ten Legends.

Comment

• What time?
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Michigan's Men's Baseball team punched its ticket for a trip the the NCAA Tournament today by defeating Maryland in the B1G Tournament by a score of 4-3

The victory capped what many around the program believe was the best week of Michigan baseball since the team last won the conference tournament in 2008.

Michigan might have been able to squeek into the NCAA Tournament without a win today, but the win guarantees a berth on Selection Monday.

The Wolverines will have a tough road to hoe to get to the CWS, but its an opportunity to play on, and the Wolverines have proven to be a scrappy ballclub over the past few weeks.

Comment

• didn't Nebraska sweep Michigan earlier this year?
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Yes they did.

The Huskers swept Michigan at Lincoln on March 20-22 in a three game series.

Comment

• "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Why I dislike conference tournaments: 14-10 M beats a 21-1 Illini squad... Illini won the B10 in the regular season, M won a B10 tournament that only really gave them an NCAA berth and has little right to a conference title, only a B10 tournament champions.

Comment

• We've been on the other end of that stick as well.

Illinois will still make the NCAA field, and will likely host a regional.

Michigan is going to likely be a 4th seed playing at a very highly ranked opponent.

Illinois will probably get to the CWS.

Michigan will likely be flying home very early in the regional.

But, its still fun to see the guys win the B1G Tourney.

Comment

• The Womens Softball Team will face Alabama in the WCWS in Oklahoma City on Thursday night.

Alabama was ranked #6 during the regular season, and Michigan ended at #3.

Comment

• Oh wait. I thought OSU was THE Pemier lacrosse team in the country. uh..... Never mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X