No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. It'll definitely get to where it needs to go if you use that address.

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/xJjCnWm5cvE[/ame]

Comment

• Michigan's women's softball team celebrates their 20-0 win at Ohio which also gave Coach Hutch her 1400th career victory. Congrats to Coach Hutch and the ladies.

Michigan is ranked #4 in the country with a record of 28-4
        Last edited by lineygoblue; March 22, 2015, 07:20 PM.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Team Prime2 spent the weekend in Manhattan with Jesus getting buffed and tailored in fine spring linens, there is no better place to go shopping. A Renaissance in a Harbaughesque manner as the whole fam damily and I head to Europe for a little RR/Business for 10 days.

NY/NJ (Teterboro) via Learjet 25 to New Castle, DE in order to jump aboard that new Dissault 7X Falcon to London. What a magnificent jet, 6000nm at nearly 600 miles an hour while sleeping 10, best part didn't cot me a dime, it is good to have partners.

That's what 50M on 3 hooves looks like! NY/NJ-London-Warsaw-Rome-Miami, little exploring and a ton of fun. Will keep you posted. P2 Out...

[

Learjet 25, puddle jumper in comparison.

[
          Last edited by Prime2; April 7, 2015, 07:32 PM.
          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Found via an mgoblog thread...

Former Giants and Eagles linebacker Dhani Jones points to rugby as an example of a physical sport that thrives without the layers of equipment that NFL players wear.

Former Michigan LB Dhani Jones makes the argument that taking helmets out of football will make football safer. I'm becoming increasingly open to this argument every year.

Comment

• Agreed. Hockey needs to do something about the hard plastic shells on elbow and shoulder pads, too. It seems that whenever technological advances to equipment are made to increase player safety, that same equipment is basically weaponized by the players. You can barely graze somebody with an elbow "pad" in hockey without concussing them.

Here's a good explanation of the harmful aspects of the evolution of equipment from the Godfather.

About the 1-4 minute mark is the pertinent info.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8YBEQ9QyxQ"]HNIC - Coach's Corner - Mar 19th 2011 (HD) - YouTube[/ame]
              Last edited by Mike; April 15, 2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• The basis of the argument is certainly well-founded. Most of us have surely played backyard tackle football. I used to play in hardcore 11v11 games and never once did I have any sort of concussion issues. I did a get a black eye, but meh. Whereas in HSFB there were probably 4 or 5 times where I definitely had my bell rung -- not that anyone cared back in the 90s. Heh.

Dhani's rugby example is good, too. However, the thing with rugby is the absence of the forward pass. I think football could easily be played at the LoS without a helmet, but 20 yard crossing patterns raise the possibility of disaster.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Even in the case of a WR going over the middle of the field with the safeties in the neighborhood, the lack of a helmet for the DB might mean that he focuses more on breaking up the pass or limiting YAC than laying on a big hit. What strikes me whenever I watch Aussie rules football and Rugby is how rare big hits are. Guys wrap up and tackle. They focus on the fundmentals of stopping the play rather than delivering pain. I think that football might benefit from that tremendously.

Comment

• Yeah, fair enough. Aussie Rules and rugby both feature downfield kicks that are similar to football passing.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Big has 4 teams ranked in top 25 in baseball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• UNL won't be ranked if we lose to Nebraska-Omaha tonight.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ESPN's reporter Britt McHenry loses it after being towed.
                          Damn what a bitch but I still like her.

[youtube]Y5JesKdZJ2Y[/YouTube]

Comment

• Think she's high maintenance? Much?
                            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• My niece got to meet Carol Hutchins tonight. Big thrill for the little gal. She has good grades in school, and is a fine softball player. Maybe one day ... :-)
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Congrats Liney, that explains your protracted interest in women's softball.

As for Hack's affinity for women's clothing, no mystery there.

Comment

Working...
                                X