Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspect sought for defecating on cars in akron

Officials are seeking to identify a man believed to have defecated on multiple cars and children's front yard toys in an Akron neighborhood over the last three years.

Ah yes, Ohio such a great place to live!

Comment

• I'm not sure I like the position of defending Atlanta or Georgia. Every rip about the city and the state is pretty accurate.

But, I live here, my wife was born in Atlanta and grew up here. Besides it has some charm. Every urban center has its problems and we tend to focus on those at the expense of the good every big city has to offer.

This would not be my first place to reside in retirement but there are some good reasons I'm here. None of them have to do with the desirability of the area. As a place to work for the X'ers and Millennials though, job growth in the metro Atlanta area is a shade above 3% and this is an easy place to find work, most of the best jobs in high tech and finance.

You can still get a lot of house for $250K but there are areas in metro-Atlanta that are as expensive if not more so, than any of the high priced areas in and around Cleveland. So, not really an advantage.

Bottom line and all the kidding aside, Cleveland is a great city if it weren't for the frigging cold and ice in those parts you have to deal with every winter. What's the temperature in Cleveland right now? 37 degrees. A heat wave. Stepped outside today in Lawrenceville to sun and 62 and that's about average for this time of year.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Can't we just agree that this is like comparing Sryia to Yemen?

Comment

• Yes.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Cleveland has some plusses and minuses. It's not Detroit awful, but that's a low threshold. Never spent any time in Atlanta, so can't really comment on that city.

I prefer Columbus over Cleveland overall. Mostly because Columbus is easy to get around and is far more "recession proof"/has far less "bombed out" areas. But it certainly lacks the quantity of unqiue neighborhoods/ethnic pockets that Cleveland has.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Columbus Ohio is best known as the place where God would insert the tube if earth ever needed an enema

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                I can't believe that Cleveland is being held up as a "better" place to live than ANYWHERE in the US.

I've been to both Cleveland and Atlanta on multiple occasions. Nobody in their right mind would choose Cleveland over Atlanta.
                I would... I'm not a fan of Atlanta. The summers are miserable in Atlanta. And in my travels, I've found the people in Cleveland to be better than their peers in Atlanta. While Atlanta has friendly smiles that great you, I felt the people in Cleveland were more genuine.. and less violent... there are a lot of meatheads running around in Atlanta (at least 10 yrs ago).... and I predict a lot of these growth cities in the south are about to inherit the problems their peers have in the north. It's coming.

But everyone has preferences and a why behind where they want to live. I love Omaha.. many don't. But guess what, it doesn't mean either of us our wrong.
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Omaha is a great place! I have had several cases there all with great success.

Comment

• talent.. it's interesting.. Detroit is a shithole, but I loved living in the burbs. Still my favorite place I lived

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                      Omaha is a great place! I have had several cases there all with great success.
                      I wouldn't brag about your cases of STD's..

Comment

• Ethnic pockets are another big deal. No idea if Atlanta has any, but the cultural and culinary wealth these provide is pretty damn notable. Is why Baltimore is such a much better food city than DC. One example.

Comment

• "I wouldn't brag about your cases of STD's"

Yeah, I must have met your wife. For your sake hope she cleaned it up.

Comment

• When people rave about the warm weather in the Sun Belt, they're usually talking about early spring or late autumn. I'll admit, it might be nice for it to be more comfortable at that time of year.

But honestly, a summer in Cleveland is nicer than a summer in Atlanta to me. Or Houston. Or New Orleans. It might be more miserable in January/February but even in Georgia are you doing a lot outside at that time in the year? Is that when most people want to use their vacation time?

Comment

• the 2 months of summer?

Comment

• strange ..... my wife and I are reptiles. We hate the cold and there isn't a lot of places that are too hot (Panama City, Panama and some other South American cities ARE too hot).

The deck on the back of the house is shaded from the western sky so, its not bad out there throughout the summer. Its nice when there is a breeze.

We have a boat on Lake Lanier about 20 minutes north of us. The weather there is fine even in the depth of the dog days of summer as long as there is a breeze and most of the time there is. When there is no wind, we don't go. It is very hot under those circumstances but they are limited.

There are probably more people that hate the heat and humidity down here from mid-July through mid September than like it. It's a factor but not really for us.

I grew up in Birmingham Michigan. I loved the winters and the summers were great. That was 50 years ago. I hate cold weather and avoid it like the plague.

My son lives in Saline, MI. After the last two winters with the artic vortex hitting and driving temps into the 15 bellow range with 20 kt winds (dangerous), he's looking to move south and probably back to where he grew up In North Carolina.

Comment

Working...
                                X