No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China. World's biggest steel exporter.

Have you ever tried to drive a box of self tapping screws into a new deck? You'll drive the heads off 1/3 of them.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• That must have been part of the reason.

I stopped by the garage yesterday to watch the mechanic working on the truck. I said to him, "Man, when I break a truck, I really break them, don't I?".

He said, "Yeah, it tore things up a lot, but it wasn't your fault.. it was these cheap parts".... and he showed me everything that had to be replaced. The bearings were gone completely. He never found any trace of them.

China may make great Peking Duck, but car and truck parts, not so good.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That is very true and it will get worse as the outsourcing to China is constantly expanding. Materials may "meet the specs", but that's on a lot size scale and doesn't necessarily filter down to the individual component. There's plenty of "quality" designs and processes, but it still comes down to getting what you pay for.

Comment

• Here's an example of how that happens: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel_pig_iron"]Nickel pig iron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] We'll see where it goes from here. China could stay the same or demand could evolve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
            That is very true and it will get worse as the outsourcing to China is constantly expanding. Materials may "meet the specs", but that's on a lot size scale and doesn't necessarily filter down to the individual component. There's plenty of "quality" designs and processes, but it still comes down to getting what you pay for.
            this.. and if someone uses their parts and they keep having repairs, the customer will look someplace else next time
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Including Chinese people. ``China'' isn't set in stone. As more Chinese can afford to import they will and are pushing domestic producers of all sorts of goods to improve. I don't know that that's the likely outcome, but it's happened with baby products and very well could with lots of other stuff. Manufacturing progresses. Things start out one way and typically improve. And then either you become Germany or the cost-cutting/quarterly-earnings mindset takes over and your stuff starts to suck again, and the cycle repeats.

Comment

• Barstool Sports is a sports & pop culture blog covering the latest news and viral highlights of each and everyday with blogs, videos and podcasts. By the common man, for the common man.

How sad is it that we live in a society where you can't even have sex with your mailbox...

sorry for partying..

Comment

• "Clearly there are issues that need to be addressed". That's probably a fair assesmemt.

Comment

• Hack did you get my payment?

Comment

• Not yet, actually. Keeping an eye out.

Comment

• Found this transcript between the NFL investigators and Tom Brady...shocking to say the least...
                        NFL: *Mr. Brady, did you order the Code Deflate?*
                        Coach Bellichick: You *don't* have to answer that question!
                        Tom Brady: I'll answer the question!
                        [to NFL investigator]
                        Tom Brady: You want answers?
                        NFL: I think I'm entitled to.
                        Tom Brady: *You want answers?*
                        NFL: *I want the truth!*
                        Tom Brady: *You can't handle the truth!*
                        [pauses]
                        Tom Brady: Son, we live in a league that has overinflated balls, and those balls have to be guarded by boys with towels. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Commissioner Goodell? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the Colts, and you curse Coach Bellichick. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the Colts defeat, while tragic, probably saved Super Bowl viewers. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves viewers. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on those balls, you need me on those balls. We use words like dishonor, cheating, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very NFL success that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a ball, and feel the extra air. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
                        NFL: Did you order the Code Deflate?
                        Tom Brady: I did the job I...
                        NFL: *Did you order the Code Deflate?*
                        Tom Brady: *You're Goddamn right I did!*
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If that is a correct reflection of Tom Brady's response, it fits into the category of you can be right or you can be dead right.

I have my doubts about this and suspect it is nothing other than something akin to the oft overused Hitler parody.

Regardless, I like Brady's balls.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I bet you do....I BET you do...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Michigan men... heh

Comment

• Hack you should have the money. If you don't get it by the end of the week I will resend it and eat the loss. Keep me posted

Comment

Working...
                                X