No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you an alum of every single frickin' second-tier Ivy or something?

Comment

• Really cool article, thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Are you an alum of every single frickin' second-tier Ivy or something?
        First tier all the way, sir. Second-tier is Brown, Dartmouth, and Harvard

Comment

• The longest high school football winning streak in the nation, held by Ithaca HS of Ithaca Michigan has ended at 69 straight games.

Monroe St Mary Catholic Central ended the Yellow jackets run tonight in the state finals at Ford Field by a score of 22-12.

Can't say I'm disappointed. After my experience with their head coach earlier this year, I don't feel a bit sorry for him. He needed a good dose of reality and humility.

Sorry for the students and players, but not the coaches.

I'm glad I didn't have their sideline tonight.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• My, how the mighty have fallen!

My youngest son came home from school yesterday all excited that he met Devin Gardner. DG has a shaved head now and apologized (!) to my son (the super fan of Michigan football) for the season.

Today he came home from Christmas shopping, exclaiming he met someone even more famous and exciting than DG...some dancer from the Lifetime Channel show "Dance Moms". Heh!!!

My spousal unit became less amused when she realized her baby was shifting his interest from football players to female dancers...
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Bill Bonds dead at 82.

Likely headed to that big old Happy Hour in the sky.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Riding on world's largest/worst toupee.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Good ol Bill Bonds. Heh.

Comment

• The real life "Ted Knight".
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This is interesting. You can draw your own conclusions. I had no idea until someone at mgoblog posted the link.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Sounds great. Are you suggesting this has something to do with football?

Comment

• Harbaugh is concerned with the lack of a blueprint for transitioning to democracy.

Comment

• Well we got that shit covered!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Sounds great. Are you suggesting this has something to do with football?
                              Let's just say, the Schizz can pay the bills.

Honestly, I don't think this donation has anything to do with the Harbaugh play.

What it does signal is that M has the resources to play high stakes anything and is probably one of just a handful of Public Universities that can.

I think it is revealing that Schissel (and the BOR) OK'ed the Harbaugh offer. Everyone, including me, thought Schissel, with his background, was not interested in playing college sports, esp. football and basketball, at a high level. No question, that concern has been completely blown out of the water.

Since rumors of 6/48 hit the street last week, I have heard several sports analysts bemoan what M has set in motion. A high stakes game of escalating athletic department salaries and costly investments in state of the art athletic facilities to draw top HS kids to your school, to play high stakes football and ring up enough revenue to pay for all this. Who cares whether or not they get a degree or learn anything other than how to play football or basketball enabling them to make millions in those endeavors at the professional level. I could go on and on about the value of this but that's for another post/

Point taken but making a big deal about this, frowning studiously at it as something that is undermining and compromising the educational mission of our country's universities is like hollering into the darkened early morning sky asking for and then blindly hoping the sun won't rise.

It didn't take Dr. Schissel very long on the job to realize sports are important in America. Get on the gravy train.

It is what it is. And by-God, I'm glad my alma mater has joined the arms race with the objective of dominating it.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 21, 2014, 01:59 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well you better keep drinking those $1.99 Schlitz beers Jeff, so you keep up with those donation callers.

Comment

Working...
                                X