No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All you have to do is read up Da Geezer, go to Google and type in Trump Russian money financing. Read up on Felix Sater. Take your time, it will open your eyes to your hero.

Comment

• Geezer's not shy about reading up when he wants to. Doesn't look like he wants to this time.

Comment

• Here's a start. You don't even need to get past the headline. “We don’t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia"-Eric Trump
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• tiger woods looked good today

2 shots out of the lead

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...nt-golf-course

Here's a start. You don't even need to get past the headline. ?We don?t rely on American banks. We have all the funding we need out of Russia"-Eric Trump
            May 8th?

Eric Trump denies saying he has 'all the funding we need out of Russia' for Trump golf courses in 2014

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-for/22074244/

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I've been thinking about this question of why did Putin favor either candidate in the 2016 election that our friends her on the right keep asking our friends here on the left to answer...... and frankly, I'm not even sure I've framed the question that's being asked correctly. I think you have to add and if so, for what purpose?

First, if I have framed the question correctly, it is an immensely complex one with a ton of subtleties. It certainly is not a question that can be answered on a forum such as this with one line answers. The reason for that is I don't think we really know 1 full year into the Trump presidency.

Second, how the question is asked has to be answered in the context of the complexity of international relations and I'm not sure anyone here is qualified to deal with that. I'm certainly not.

Finally, I am continually aggravated by the simple and often superficial answers the right always seems to have to what are complex questions. This is one of them. It seems to me that the point the right in this forum is trying to make is that Trump cannot be guilty of collusion with the Russians to get him elected because the Russians didn't want him to become president in the first place.

Taking that position as the right seems to be doing here reflects an exceedingly superficial view of the complexity of interactions between sovereign states and for what purpose Putin might have wanted either candidate elected or not elected president. In particular Russia and the members of the NATO Alliance. It also neglects the economic drivers of international relationships between various countries and those of individuals who have financial interests that are either harmed or helped by the state of relationships between the several countries that might be involved in that scenario.

So, maybe, I don't get it but it seems to me that Hack, among others, not being particularly interested in answering that question, or engaging in debate with parties on the right who post here reflects that they understand there is not a simple answer and that the context within which it might be answered is varied and complex.

I'm trying to be an honest broker here. Not taking one side or the other. So, don't kill the messenger.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Congrats, Geezer. You muddled at least one mind.

Comment

• I will say, I like a lot of what Geezer posts. It's interesting stuff and I like a fair interchange of opposing views which he frequently is involved in but on this matter, I'm a bit frustrated.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                        Fastest in 3 years!!!

Who was President 3 years ago?

Comment

• This popped up as an OT subject on mgoboards.

The saga of the corrupt and morally bankrupt Dave Brandon continues. In the bigger picture, even though it's a single episode, it rather damages the right's view that providing extra capital to corporate America through tax breaks will mean more employment and better wages. No it doesn't. The guys at the top will continue to leverage their positions to their self interested financial benefit and not those of employees.

From Reuters: A bonus plan for top executives at Toys 'R' Us "defies logic," according to the government's bankruptcy watchdog, who blasted the proposal that the retailer has argued will help boost earnings during its critical holiday shopping season. The plan would pay up to $32 million to 17 executives. "It defies logic and wisdom, not to mention the Bankruptcy Code, that a bankrupt company would now propose further multi-million dollar bonuses for the senior leadership of a company that began the year with employee layoffs and concludes it in the midst of the holiday season in bankruptcy," the office said in papers filed on Tuesday. "Apparently, this Christmas, Toys 'R' Us intends to deliver not only 'children their biggest smiles of the year' but the insiders, too," the office added, in a mocking reference to comments by Chief Executive David Brandon in court papers supporting his company's Chapter 11 petition.

Comment

• For Kapture and Geezer- Yes, Trump signed new sanctions into law. He and the administration fought against the law but it passed anyways with a veto-proof majority. So there was no point in vetoing it unless Trump wanted to be embarrassed by being overridden that early in his term.

However, as you can find just by googling,the Administration had until October 1 to implement the new sanctions. That deadline came and went without any proof that they had done so. Here's McCain promising to get after them:

It looks like they have since done something but may still be dragging their heels

Comment

• ATTENTION HACK

He's naming names already and guess who is directly implicated??

Gold trader Reza Zarrab said during an Iran sanctions-busting trial Thursday that Turkish President Recep Erdogan told two Turkish banks to move Iranian money.

ANOTHER GULENIST PLOT!

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/AJDelgado13/status/936343369961394176[/ame]

Jason Miller was originally supposed to be Trump's Communications Director and withdrew 2 days later when AJ Delgado here revealed that she was pregnant and they had had an affair while on the campaign trail.

She's been tweeting a lot today about their court case...you can learn about what a fine fellow Jason Miller is there. I think this guy still has a contract with CNN?

Comment

Working...
                                X