No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tried that combofix on my laptop. It did a great job.

Thanks Jon!
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Miscellaneous/OT

Ray Lewis on Ray Rice: There’s some things you can cover up

Lewis, who pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice (a misdemeanor) in a 2000 murder investigation, made the incredibly curious remark about his former teammate Ray Rice socking his then-fiance in a hotel elevator in February.

ESPN putting analyst and former Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis in a position to discuss current players’ off-the-field incidents has always been awkward, but perhaps the most uncomfortable moment came on Sunday morning’s edition of NFL Countdown.

In a conversation about his former teammate Ray Rice socking his then-fiance in a hotel elevator in February, Lewis made an incredibly curious remark, especially given his involvement in trial stemming from a 2000 murder in Atlanta.

“There’s some things you can cover up, and there’s some things you can’t,” Lewis said during Sunday’s broadcast. The retired Ravens linebacker spoke emotionally for three minutes about how the Ray Rice scanadal has affected the only organization he played for during a 17-year NFL career.

Lewis and two other men were involved in an altercation on Jan. 31, 2000 after a Super Bowl party which resulted in the deaths of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. The murder charges against Lewis were dropped two weeks into the trial in exchange for testimony against the companions, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting, who were both acquitted. Lewis pleaded to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice.

The white suit Lewis was wearing the night of the murders has never been found.

ESPN's PR department did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Lewis' remarks.

ESPN putting analyst and former Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis in a position to discuss current players’ off-the-field incidents has always been awkward, but perhaps the most uncomfortable momen…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Seen at the stadium, I'm trying to locate the source. I want to send DB an XL size.

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Mom of Lloyd Carr's grandson seeks prayers for tumor

Detroit Free Press Staff 10:05 p.m. EDT September 24, 2014

The 4-year-old grandson of former Michigan coach Lloyd Carr has been diagnosed with a tumor in his brain stem and has been declared inoperable according to the boy's mother.
          Chad Carr, son of former U-M defensive back Tom Curtis and Tammi Curtis Carr, Lloyd's daughter, is in need of a miracle. Tammi Curtis Carr took to Facebook with this post:
          "This is chad. My precocious, beautiful smart soon to be 4 year old. Yesterday our lives changed as he was diagnosed with an inoperative brain tumor in his brain stem. We now need prayers and its my hope that this goes viral and millions fall in love with my little man and send him prayers. It's going to take a miracle and I believe it can happen and I hope you will help and spread his story!!"

Sometimes it is important to help us keep our perspective. I urge all to pray for this young boy and the extended Carr family.

Comment

• Amen ......
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Mike Kenn says O-linemen are being taught wrong:

MK: Well, it's really hard for me to watch now, because what's pretty pervasive not only in college but in the NFL, is that nobody is teaching the position correctly anymore. In fact, they're teaching it incorrectly and they're making it more difficult for the modern day player to do their job. They really, really are.

Jeanna Thomas sat down with Falcons legend Mike Kenn to get his perspective on his Hall of Fame-caliber career, how the game has changed since his era, and much more.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• <Sees the name Jerry Hanlon>

<Looks at Michigan's offensive line>

<Weeps>

Comment

• I wish we could get a guy like Steve Hutchinson, Steve Everitt or Mike Kenn to come back as a coach and help the team out. Michigan needs some people on the coaching staff that know what to do, and how to coach it.

Comment

• It’s too bad that the playoffs have to continue uninterrupted, because I’d be content to think about and write about Tuesday night’s wild-card game for the next month and a half. While it wasn’t…

great article about stolen bases
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• In the "I didn't see that coming" category, .. the Detroit Lions actually made a great move today and signed kicker Matt Prater formerly of the Denver Broncos. I figured the Lions would make a feeble attempt to talk to him, then sign someone else. I guess I was wrong.

Good move, Lions.

Comment

• The Green Bay Packers are the luckiest team in the NFL.

That is all.

Comment

• My friend The Wizard and I totally hate Kansas State.

That is all.

Comment

• as for creative writer Hack's most distinguished work, American Sissy, it sat at the bottom of nearly every outhouse or was used to wrap fish and training puppies

Well no kidding! Nobody cares about you or your desperate search for validation as a male adult. I'm glad you have more money than sense, though. Ghostwriting can be profitable for a guy like me, and, best thing is, I didn't have to have my name attached to it.

Comment

• Jesus Christ Hack I was just funnin' yah and now you made me use the Lord's name in vain.

Anyway I thought you were a cop/writer or something?

So essentially it's the same thing less the paperwork?

An appropriate nom de plume would be like "Count Stabin du Toosh"?
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 20, 2014, 12:25 PM.
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• LOL, yes. Of the same lineage as Count de Money in Mel Brooks' History of the World.

Tip, tho: ``nom de plume''? Seriously? Straight People as well as Real Americans call this a pen name, or a pseudonym.

Anyways, you should pay attention more. Would provide you with more to work with in this ongoing battle here.

Comment

Working...
                                X